JobFox / Unable to contact

I became a JobFox Advantage member during my search for a job in the technical field. According to JobFox, this level of service puts my resume ahead of other, non-Advantage members' resumes, and a nationwide search is performed by JobFox and reports given to me at least once per week. Because each of these "leads" to jobs results in the message "this job has been deleted or discontinued by the employer" when I attempt to access it for details, I have attempted to cancel my Advantage membership, which is costing me $19.99 per month and which is automatically debited from my business checking account on the 1st of each month. JobFox's "privacy notice" and "terms of service" notations do give a telephone number to contact them, but several attempts over a 2-week period have resulted in no contact with this company. When I call, I am told by an automated voice that no one is available to take my call and that if I leave a message, someone will call me back as their answering service mailbox "is checked regularly" and my call will be "treated with the utmost urgency" and I will "received a return call within the next business day." In 2 weeks of telephoning and leaving messages, I have yet to receive a call from anyone at JobFox. I am wanting to cancel my Advantage account, as I am effectively receiving NOTHING for my $20 per month charge, but I am unable to cancel this automated draw with JobFox. My next move is to call my bank and have the charges manually withdrawn and blocked from being withdrawn in the future. Too bad I was not able to speak with anyone at the company itself, if a staff actually does exist.

Comments

• Is
      18th of Aug, 2009

i had the same problem. there is a twitter page that if you make a complaint in your 140 characters the person will return your tweet and ask you for your direct mail and talk to the right people who will get you your refund. this was my very last effort before i called my card company and ask them to write a letter. the person who answered my twitter acted very surprised like asking for a refund had never happened before. they will also do whatever they can to keep your money so don't get into that.

give it a try and good luck.
    twitter.com/jobfox

• Fa
      24th of Aug, 2009

I followed your Twitter suggestion. Of course, I reported to my bank my credit card was lost, thus getting a new one. I hope that effectively resolves this before it becomes a problem for me.

• De
      6th of Oct, 2009

I was able to speak to a representative but was told that this would have to be escalated to a superior. After a second call I received an email ostensibly from said superior indicating they do not offer refunds. I have called my bank to have the charges manually removed and blocked so that they can not continue to debit my account. Jobfox was a complete disappointment and a great waste of time and energy that I could have used elsewhere looking for a job.

7th of Oct, 2009

On the terms and conditions I thought it said (I could be wrong) that you can cancel at any time. I would look into that.

• Fa
      24th of Oct, 2009

Sorry for not updating sooner. A few days after doing the Twitter suggestion, I did get a response from JobFox. So that worked OK. Also, in that timeframe, I also cancelled my credit card because I didn't trust them. So kudos to the Twitter suggestion. My 2 cents is that JobFox, CareerBuilder, etc. that trys to con you into using their premium service (and won't make it easy to cancel) isn't worth your time. Good luck in this job market. It is difficult enough without having these wolves to rip you off.

• Me
      31st of Oct, 2009

totally agree Fat Moki! I spent 30 min. filling out their questionnaires only to get to the final page where they ask the user to pay $9.99 for their service. I'm on unemployment and have 3 cents in my savings account why do they want to take from people in an ailing job market that is disappointing so many people...greed, greed, greed!!!

• Wo
      2nd of Nov, 2009

I was duped into providing them with all of my personal information--about 20 screens of questions--only to find out that the job I intended to apply to was 8 months out of date and long expired. I felt duped, and now wonder how they intend to make money off my personal profile. Companies that prey on people's desperation and provide nothing in return are the lowest forms of life on the planet. Avoid wasting your time on Jobfox like I did.

• Me
      8th of Dec, 2009

I will say this with the job market and that many companies on-line and non on line are scamming people out of money to them jobs. Earlier this year, a company in Brooklyn wanted $100.00 for me to get a job in customer service. If I did not get the job, they would not refund. As far as these premium services with job fox or careerbuilder, STAY AWAY from them. You can do a better service going over your resume or with a free service that can help you with critique and coaching through your resume and interviewing skills.

• Gr
      22nd of Apr, 2010

I Joined the Advantage Membership on Job Fox and have had trouble Signing up for a Job Listed at Owens Minor for the last three days. I've been unable to log onto their WEB Site. Job Fox is not Giving the Service they promised thru their Advertisement on their WEB Site. I'm beginning to think that this JOb Site is another way to SCAM the Public out of money while we suffer by their promises. Signed Gregga1

1st of Oct, 2010

This is a ''bait & switch' scam ... they ask for all of your personal information including your social security number (BEWARE!) - just to apply for a job (which may not even exist) ... and then they harass you sending daily e-mails to "bully you" into using their resume rewrite services by implying that you are doomed and will not find a 'good' job if you don't use their 'expertise' help. They also took it upon themselves to 'evaluate' your resume and critique it, without your consent.

29th of Nov, 2010

JOBFOX IS A SCAM. STAY AWAY FROM JOBFOX.

1st of Feb, 2011

Is it possible that JobFox could be classified as a TERRORIST organization? They seem to be excellent at inflicting psychological terrorism upon job seekers who use their services (if any). For four months I have been trying (on and off) to get an answer to my question about not being able to view the so-called available jobs on their website. Every time I log into JobFox, using ANY browser on any computer, and I click the "Jobs" link on the top bar, I get the response, "We're Sorry, we are having trouble connecting to our site. Try opening a new browser or please try again later." I then connected to Darin Farrell, Account Executive at JobFox, on LinkedIn, and he said, "Sorry about the delay. Best thing to do is call our helpline, they have the skills to assist on the technical side 877-738-6799. They should be able to help you with this problem." Well, wouldn't you know it, their phone rings off the hook when I call it. No one answers! So, I think Darin Farrell is a SCAM account executive who gave me a phony phone number! Another psychological TERRORIST tactic! Does anyone have a Customer Service phone number that works?

23rd of Mar, 2011

I have over 20 years in the computer field until my job was sent to India. Jobfox told me if I let them rewrite my resume and sign up for their services I would have no problem getting a job. Its been 2 years now and not even one interview. But they do keep sending me emails asking me to sign up for more services and send them more money. Jobfox has been a waste of money and time.

29th of Sep, 2011

Hey,
    I bought the resume service and it was a garbage! It was a copy/paste of somebody else resume with lots of junk in there. It was complete mess!!!
    I told them you are not authorize to charge me anymore (I paid them 50.56 $ for first month and 5 other payments were in the list!)
    But they said they don't have cancellation. They charged me in this month too and now I contacted my credit card company and I don't know what happens next.
    They are lier lier lier!!!