Jennifer Robinson GivenRight.com / Online scam

1 Federal Way, WA, United States Review updated:

Jennifer Robinson AKA Jennifer Beck, Jennifer Wall and Givenright.com will scam you out of money. She runs/owners an internet adoption research site. She prays on those whom are looking for birth parents or children given up for adoption.

To hire her it cost $200.00 + dollars. She will tell you how many people she has located and make you believe that she is able to find who you are looking for. Within 24-48 hours she calls you and tells you she has great news she has located them and has already made contact. She goes on and on about how the person you are looking for really wants contact but first you have to pay another $200+ dollars before she can give you any information. You get so excited so you pay...

She will then call you back telling you that birth mom/ adoptee called her back and wants NO contact and yelled and screamed at her and said they would sue... the lies go on and on!!! She will give you a name but the name is made up... I was told that my birth mother's name was sarah but after contacting another search group find out that my birth mother's name is really Julie. She lies!!! Don't use her!! My birth mother was never contacted by her and was VERY happy to have contact!!!

Save yourself the tears!! Because it hurt really bad to hear my birthmother wanted nothing to do with me and then find out she really did!!!

I have a listed of people right now who have been scammed by her... Stay away!!!

Va

Comments

• Be
      30th of Sep, 2008

What's the matter? Didn't get enough air time on the rip-off? Looks like somebody needs a hobby.

I had a great experience with givenright.com. I hired them to find my sister that was placed for adoption before I was born and they found her. I chose givenright because their rates were much more reasonable than any other search company I found online. I got more information than I ever hoped for (sister's name, address, phone number, adoptive parent's names, brother's name, myspace page with pictures, etc). I feel like I ripped them off!

I know you signed a contract just like I did. The contract said they had 90 days to work on a case and that the retainer was non-refundable. Just because you didn't get things your way or in your time doesn't mean that this company is a scam.

1st of Oct, 2008

have never used this company but to be honest with you the feed back has to be written by the owner of it or someone who works for them. How would any one besides the company have information about contacts unless this company gives out personal information about other clients. I did some searching and found that Givenright research inc AKA givenright does not have a corp. business license here is that information. You also check it out at the address for yourself

GIVENRIGHT RESEARCH INC

State
    Zip

View Additional Information »

1st of Oct, 2008

I have heard some really sad stories about this company! If you are looking for your birth family or your adopted child I would be VERY careful when using her service. Claims to have inside information at Edna Gladey's in Texas ( which is not legal to do)

I am sure this company has been able to help some people, but there is a VERY large group of people out there that have been lied to. before using givenright's do your homework! This company is doing business without a license. corp. license has been expired since 2006 and here it is Oct of 2008. city DBA is expired and has been for over a year. If this is a legit company it would not have expired license's. So this company is not only given out bad information and lies they are lying to the government.

I would also be interested to know how a customer would know so much about the interworking of this company, unless it's the same people whom own or work for the company that is putting this information out there about how great of a job they do. I would think twice about useing a company that will tell your personal information to another customer if this is the case...

Something else i would like to add is if you go to www.waybackmachine.org look up givenright.com it will take you all the way back to 2003 when this site was set up. Scroll down and you will see this company tells people they have reunited over 2900 people.. lets do the math here that is over 291 families a year. The going price just to start the search is around $200.00 that is $58, 200 a year. Then another 58, 200 a year because after the person you are searching for is found you have to pay an extra $200.00 dollars. People if this company was making that kind of money they would be up to date with the state of washington.

Don't be had, save your money! There are so many different ways to find whom you are looking for. If you want to use this company great! but in 3 or 4 months you will find yourself right back here upset and kicking yourself in the buns because you did not listen!!

2nd of Oct, 2008

I completely understand a contract and was more than happy to agree to losing it if the party wasn't found. The problem is, Jennifer called back 48 hours after we signed the contract and said she found my husband's birth mother. She asked us to pay the second $250 through paypal. After the payment was made she told us that the birth mother wanted no contact and was denying she was the mother, she then gave us the woman's name. After I did a little research myself it was clear Jennifer had just picked a name randomly out of the birth index. She gave my husband information about his "grandparents" but didn't bother to see that they never even lived in the same state with each other. After I confronted her she apologized and made excuses but promised to continue the search since we had already made the SECOND payment for WRONG INFORMATION!!! My husband was devistated and wanted to give up but Jennifer didn't want to refund our money so she and I continued(I did any way) to search. Jennifer stopped returning calls and emails and I finally found a search angel to help me. We ended up finding his birth mother and NONE of the information given right provided us with about his mother, grandparents or family members was even close to correct. I tried for months to peacefully resolve this with Jennifer. I even had several conversations with her office manager Alicia, who told me that there were MANY of us in the same situation right now but to please not pursue it legally because Jennifer is threatened all the time and no one follows through. She has been banned from paypal for unlawful business practices under more than 3 names, is that the sign of a legitimate business??

This was the most horrible situation for my husband, who as an adoptee already has dealt with so much pain. To be told your mother wants nothing to do with you, and then to find out you were lied to about it just so someone can keep your $450 is absolutely unforgivable. After doing the research on given right that I should have done BEFORE we hired her I found many, many people that were told the same thing... they get a call that their loved one is found and told to pay. Then when they pay they are told that the loved one refused contact. I have all the emails from Jennifer and Alicia I would be happy to share with anyone who is skeptical. I beg you to please not give this woman any more business. She may have started out with the right intentions and I have no doubt she has helped SOME people but now her business practices are pathetic. If she can't solve a case in a few minutes its just not worth it to her!!! Don't let her further hurt adoptees and those who love them.

• Je
      3rd of Oct, 2008

All I can say is check the Better Business Bureau report on my company. It speaks for itself.

Several of these individuals whining today have filed reports against my company and the BBB did a thorough investigation of each case. I was able to provide documentation supporting my side and the BBB ultimately ruled in my favor and closed the complaints against my company. Because these individuals did not get the desired outcome through a reputable entity such as the Better Business Bureau, they have since resorted to smearing the reputation of my company across the internet on multiple complaint boards such as this one.

My company provides a service at a much more reasonable rate than most search companies. Not everyone can afford $1300 for a search. I provide a genealogical search for comparitively less ($300 retainer/$300 upon location) and there are plenty of satisfied clients out there to corroborate my claims. But of course, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so you all can just go on squeaking.

4th of Oct, 2008
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

The BBB did NOT in fact, find in your favor. They found there was nothing further they could do to satisfy me. You have NEVER been a member of the BBB, or responded to your many complaints. I was unhappy with the outcome Jennifer because you lied to me and then stopped returning calls and emails. All I wanted was for you to admit you gave me the wrong information and move on. Instead, you insisted you were still working on it, you were sick, you were sure you were right, you have every excuse in the book. There are more squeaky wheels than an 18 wheeler out there now trying to let people know what a fraud you are. I beg those of you that have been screwed over by Jennifer to contact the FBI at http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx this is internet fraud. She can't even use paypal now she has had so many complaints, she now only takes personal checks!!! Again, signs of a legitimate business???

4th of Oct, 2008

I guess because this so called "company" does not charge as much for it's service it's ok to rip people off.. Just be happy it was not $1300.00 they scammed you for..Ha-ha

Jennifer PLEASE tell us why your corp. business license has been expired for over 2 years? Why your county License has been expired for almost a year?

All you had to do is refund the 250.00 dollars that you charged AFTER you called and said that you had found my birth mother and birth father. You lied to me about who they were and that they wanted NOTHING to do with me. Why Lie?? If you can't find them that's cool but man lie to me and everyone else that you have spoken to them and they said they would sue you for given out their information????

• Je
      5th of Oct, 2008

Straight from the BBB:

"we believe that your company has made a good faith effort to resolve the matter and we have closed this case."

On the BBB website:

"Contract Issues BBB Definition:

Contract Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor contract or agreement, work performed without authorization, or invalid contract.

Administratively Closed BBB Definition:

Administratively Closed - The BBB determined that the complaint could not be satisfactorily settled using standard methods of voluntary dispute resolution

2 - BBB determined the company provided proper verification that indicated there was no obligation to resolve the issues of the complaint. "

24th of Oct, 2008

I will use my last dying breath to ensure that this conartist rots in jail. I am infuriated by her disregard for simple decency, and conning so many heartsick people. Jennifer, if you truly believe in God, as you claim, then you will surely BURN IN HELL!

• Ge
      31st of Oct, 2008

Jennifer, You lied to me once again in your email dated October 24, 2008 7:50 AM "This business has been dissolved. All money has been exhausted. I fail to see what more we can do."
    Why is the website still up if "This business has been dissolved"?
    I have filed a complaint with the FBI and I too hope you get your just rewards!!!

13th of Nov, 2008

Ha Ha Jennifer what has happened to you? You were so proud to have your name all over the net about how many people "jennifer robbinson" has helped.. If i see another freaken ugly picture of you i think i am going to puke...

Just admit it, you are like herpes just when we think you are gone you pop back up again to scam another person...

• Ju
      17th of Nov, 2008

I too was lied to and scammed by Jennifer, Alicia, and Givenright.com. I screwed up and told Alicia the name of my b-mom after I completed the search myself. I asked Alicia not to tell Jennifer the name of my biological family and she said she would not tell. Alicia, who clearly approves of Jennifer's actions, told Jennifer anyways. (Alicia is also the same one who provided me with connections to other victims of Jennifer. Your information is obviously not safe with this company.) Jennifer then emailed me the information that I had provided Alicia with and used that in the BBB case, stating that she found the name. The name I found and confirmed was a far cry from the fake names Jennifer told me prior to me giving her the information. Prior to getting the information from me, she gave me fake names and said she spoke to my grandparents, though they are both dead and have been for years. She of course said they wanted nothing to do with me. She claims she completed my search, though she has not. She promised (in writing) to tell me my biological father's name. The name she gave me she has yet to confirmed. If she is so good and really found my mother- surely she could locate my father. She said his name is John Turner (and Jeff Turner) and lives in Cleveland. Confirm it Jennifer-since you are so good! You have the name! Or refund the rest of my money ($200). It's been over 90 days...it's been 6 months.

24th of Nov, 2008

Wow, let's all take a look at the BBB now for given right. It has an F rating. Finally everyone that they screwed over are starting to complain to the FBI and the BBB. Every time I read this or anything else about Jennifer it truly makes me sick to my stomach. I wonder how many of us there are out there? How many people have you emotionally destroyed for your own selfish gain Jennifer? I know you read these because you respond as yourself and as others. Your new website is a JOKE, you changed your name to "she" now? The testimonials say they have not been altered in any way, yet Jennifer's name is gone from them?

I seriously hope the money is worth it. There are enough of us out there now that will not stop until your business is GONE and you are in jail. You should be ashamed of yoursel[censored] Jennifer, Alicia and whoever else is aware or involved in this horrible scam. You should have given ALL of your children up for adoption, you are a poor excuses for human beings, I can't imagine what kind of mother's you are!!! Let's hope you get sent to prison close so they can visit!!!

30th of Nov, 2008

Where is Bethany and Sally Smith now? How sad Jennifer they have left you... oh maybe they did not leave you they are still in your head

• Al
      3rd of Feb, 2009

For what it is worth, I no longer work for GivenRight/Jennifer Robinson, I don't even know how to contact her at this point in time. She did find my daughter for me and I know of several others that found loved ones through Jennifer, and for that I will forever be grateful. If not for that, I never would have worked for her in the first place. I did the job that I was hired to do, which was to interact with clients on Jennifer's behalf. I found this impossible to continue doing when I felt that cases were not being handled appropriately. I firmly believe that Jennifer is a capable researcher, but I would not wittingly be party to any "scam". I am truly sorry for the connection I have to anyone feeling defrauded or hurt, that was never my intention. If you feel you have been taken advantage of, please contact me and I will provide you with a free list of search angels I have compiled for the state in which the birth/adoption took place.

-Alicia

p.s. Judy, it was my goal to get your information for you and I did the best I could to do so. I provided you with your birthmother's current information. What more can I do? I have no control over the actions of others, only my own actions. My hands were tied, as I was not the researcher and I was not privy to any findings by the researcher unless she chose to disclose her findings to me. When I was provided with information, I forwarded that information directly to the clients. I wish I could do more, and would be happy to help in any way that is within my capabilities.

• Ca
      13th of Feb, 2009

I've just come to the difficult realization that the search results given to me by Jennifer Robinson, are incorrect and likely fabricated. What a joke and a complete sham! One year after being told that my birthmother is deceased, not being given the obituary (as promised by Jennifer), and not being able to verify any information that Jennifer provided I am back to square one.
    It's not about the money lost in this deal...Its the disgust that any person who claims to be an adoptee / birthmother would flat out lie about such a deeply personal, emtional topic to another adoptee / birthparent!

• Sf
      26th of Feb, 2009

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT, pay this woman or anyone that represents Jennifer any money to do ANYTHING. I spoke with her for years before I finally agreed to pay her to do a search, one that she ASSURED me would be quick and easy. First off she doesn't like to answer the phone or return phone calls. Then she lies to you. She claims to have inside information on just about every adoption agency in Texas (LIE) as well as having contacts within the State of Texas Health Services, Vital Statistics Department, which houses birth records, and that is also a LIE. She plays on peoples emotions to get money, that's it and that's all. She woo'd us with her success stories too, I guess we should have asked for actual people to attest to her success as a "searcher" and I use that term loosely, and then maybe we would have known better. I am sure that she has helped some people, but by using resources that are available to anyone with internet access and for much less money than she charges. If you ask any reputable searcher, counselor, intermediary, etc in Texas, They will all tell you to stay as far away from Jennifer Robinson as you can. I personally could not agree more. She'll promise you the moon, and deliver nothing, after you've paid her several hundred dollars.

• Va
      20th of Mar, 2009

Jennifer duped me out of $200 2 days ago. She had told me I had a BM that was living in Oklahoma and she also had 2 other girls and a son and they were all married and had kids. I was ecstatic! She even said one of my sisters was named Vicki (my name) the other one was (Frances) which is my MOM's name and then told me Jennifer's daughter's name was Elizabeth (my granddaughters and my MOMS name). She played every card to touch my emotions. After I realized the numbers she had gave me were both disconnected, my heart sunk. What's worse is if I had of called my "siblings" it could have caused a very hurtful time in a family that was never related to me. That to me is evil to the core. I was very upset and called and left voice mails telling her how I felt. Before I could file a fraud charge the next morning with my sherrifs off, I recieved a call from the police dept in Federal Way Wash advising me she had filed a case of Threatening her. After I explained to him what was going on, I file my case of Fraud with my local Sherrifs off. Next I'm Filing at the FBI level and the BBB too. It's not the $200 now, It's the fact that she does this to other people that have to scrimp to gather the money just to have her devastate them. I was raised by 2 of the best people on earth.I've been truly blessed and I feel this has happened for a reason. GOD is telling me "you're parents were the best, be happy with their memories" So thanks to this wicked evil unGodly mean con woman, my search is over. The hurt is not worth it

• Mi
      25th of Mar, 2009

I was taken in a very sad way by this woman, or monster as i would like to put it. My hopes of finding my mom were so high when she said she had talked to her. And as soon as my final payment was in then i could have her info and contact her. Well it was all a lie all info was false and i filed a IE3 with the feds and they wont get anything done. So dont be a victim i cant afford to pay any other company and my hope is my mom wont die before i can have the money to do it again. If any one has info on how to file any more to get my money back pls contact me at [email protected]

• St
      30th of Mar, 2009

There are people like myself that used this company and that are very happy, I FOUND my birth mother through this company and had a very great reunion I referred Jennifer Robinson and Givenright to a friend of mine and she was reunited as well too. I think that adoption seaarches can end up good or bad, I know that in the past she has had some trouble with her employee's but, all companies do, but, when I contacted her I asked for references first and she gave them to me freely. Jennifer Robinson reunited me and I am very happy and I think some of this stuff on her is made up. Stephanie