Jeffrey E McLean & Co. / Owners corporation

1 58 Beetham ParadeRosanna, Victoria, Australia Review updated:

Jeffrey McLean (OC manager) and Jonatan Cohen (LMS Lawyers) have quite the money-making operation going on for themselves abusing OC law. They couldn't do it without the help of VCAT (Tribunal- indirectly funded by corporations)) insiders but their set up is crashing down. Long story short I reported them to the Australian Insurance Fraud Bureau. They've been defrauding for years but none of our authorities, including Vic Police, would investigate the "respectable" duo. I discovered their latest insurance fraud by accident -multiple claims made for same fees, misrepresentation and running false bank account. Serious criminal offences. JC has since left LMS abruptly. Everything will be revealed and I intend to make sure everyone who's helped are exposed, particularly those who've used their tax-payer funds to financially benefit these two. Blatant corruption. VCAT's a disgrace. Blessed blessed karma!

Re
Dec 5, 2015

More Jeffrey E McLean & Co. Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Jo
  14th of Mar, 2016

Jeffrey literally has an IQ of 77. His Mrs Leah rates slightly better at 100, but unfortunately that’s an insane rating.
He’s two faced and with a smile misrepresents to earn a dollar. He loves trades commissions and raking interest from trust accounts etc. Be wary leaving deposits – if you cancel you will have to get a lawyer to be refunded. He sells homes cheap to mates to make a quick commission, and then resells to rake home massive profits on top.
Jeffery pulls a sour face when caught out. He and his wife retaliate with spit, noise and lies. We can’t hold the lies against Jeffrey, as he’s a licensed Real Estate Agent.
But worse follows…
He then refuses to have over trust account banking details and shadows behind like-wise crazy lawyers.
The compounding stupidity costs everyone boatloads of money, except for Jeffrey and his lawyers, who are funded by others trust accounts
Deal with Jeffrey & Leah McLean as you would deal with rats.

An
  23rd of Oct, 2016

I have a massive issue with insurance claim. I am an owner and the owners corp he looks after is approaching corrupt and fraudulent. I have a current complain with financial services ombudsman, awaiting reply... none yet. Agree with alot of what has been said... how do we get some justice?

An
  4th of Jun, 2017

We are in a similar situation at the moment and unfortunately are going to have to go to court be it criminal or civil is yet to be determined, are you able to give any updates on what has happened with your outcomes?

26th of Oct, 2017

i hate to say it but we have been through the ringer with our "friend" Jeff Mclean and his sidekick Jonathan Cohen. Exactly the same as all the above comments. Within each Body Corporate/Owners Corp, he finds and sides with "one or two suckers" . These one/two are the ones you continually re-elect him and you can never get him out of your OC. Nobody listens until it is too late, and it is too late when your OC account is down to $0, and all the money has been swallowed up by Jonathan and Jeff through their "legitimate" fees.
I do not know any OC he is a part of ( and i have done my research to find quite a few) that he runs legitimately. ...just look at how much time he spends at VCAT!!

Se
  7th of Mar, 2018

If this is serious please I need to talk. I am in the EXCAT situation.

26th of Mar, 2018

Serious...do u have a vcat situation with this mob??

28th of Apr, 2018

@JR76 I’m in Heidelberg.Where are you situated?

2nd of May, 2018

Alphington, what problem are u having that you need help with . Where's the propert?!

2nd of May, 2018

I wrote the first post and here's an update. These two have influence over the regulators - FOS, Legal Services Commissioner, Consumer Affairs and many of the judges in the court system so don't be disappointed if you don't get anywhere there. BUT their crimes are going to be revealed as they took it one step too far with me. I have a hearing against Westpac on June 15 for paying a claim these two crims made against my mortgage account (Westpac would benefit with an extra $95K interest so didn't ask before taking the money out, the claim hadn't been to VCAT). I've also reported Westpac (and by extension McLeans and Cohen) to the Banking Royal Commission for aiding and abetting a criminal offence. These two are nothing but fraudsters and belong in prison. I'm also writing a book about my experience so will get them held to account one way or another.

3rd of May, 2018

Awesome ...I really wish you will ...I am happy to help in any way if you can think of something ...I couldn't think of anything better than having these 2 imposters dereigestered or imprisoned.
I know there is a whole list of people who feel the same way

3rd of May, 2018

@JR76 Thanks, I'll let you know - the evidence and the law are both on my side so I will eventually get justice. What I forgot to mention in the post is that the ballot to engage LMS Lawyers was lost so McLeans had no authority to engage Cohen. The list of unlawful behaviour in my case is very long but unfortunately they have a cosy relationship with VCAT members and staff so its a huge battle to get any of the authorities to take action as they all trust VCAT. It's an abject failure of our systems that these two are still operating and VCAT will ultimately have to take responsibility. This is publicly-funded institution set up to help consumers, not to enrich their lawyer buddies.

5th of May, 2018

Strength in numbers.They threaten to take everyone to VCAT, so people are intimidated and let them get away with whatever they wanted.There favourite is excessive fees! NO MORE!
ENOUGH!l would take part in any action towards these two.

6th of May, 2018

In my case they have committed several criminal offences relating to fraud (insurance claims, claims in VCAT, claim made to Westpac) which, once proved at the hearing on 15/6, will finally force the authorities to act. I intend to continue until they are both deregistered which will help all of you as they will be put out of business. I'll post details of the hearing closer to the time so if anyone wants to come along you'd be welcome.

6th of May, 2018

Please keep us in the loop.
I have also submitted my complaint to Consumer Affairs.They misinform OC members to cause disputes.He invites his solicitor mate to attend our reconvened AGM with no consultation from the committee and tells us that we are paying for his services at $440PH.
They need to be dealt with, once and for all.

8th of May, 2018

McLeans needs a special resolution of the committee (75% majority agree) to engage Cohen or any other provider of services (refer Owners Corporation Act 2006 Part 2, Section 12 (b), Provision of Services to members and occupiers.and Cohen has to provide a letter of engagement and scale of costs (Legal Profession Uniform Law Application Act 2014) so if these two things haven't happened they have no legal right to charge, in fact they have breached both acts and you can make a counter-claim against them. They have no legal leg to stand on.

8th of May, 2018

Oh and McLeans would have breached his contract as he is required to comply with the Owners Corporation Act...

9th of May, 2018

Your advise is priceless. Much appreciated!
But wait there’s more:
Our financial reports show they were paying 2 gardenders at the same time. The existing gardener and our current gardener. Please explain? They need to provide invoices and bank details as to were the money has gone? An independent auditor must be brought in by the committee. They provided a quote of $2640 to clean the gutters for 16 units that are single storey and 2 years ago, we paid $640.
Minutes aren’t accurate either, but they don’t amend them.
This is mismanagement of funds on a regular basis.
I’m preparing my case for vcat.

10th of May, 2018

Sounds all too familiar! They're MO hasn't changed in 7 years. If the other members want to get rid of them too you would be justified in terminating the contract due to these breaches. You do this by calling a Special General Meeting (without McLeans in attendance) and getting members to vote to terminate the contract. (Will need to check but if you could get 75% majority you'll be fine). I guarantee McLeans won't pursue legal action as he can't pass the legal fees on to your owners corp. You need to do agenda and minutes which you then send to McLeans with letter explaining contract terminated. This is what we did and what a blessed relief it was! It would be good to have another manager lined up to handle the records retrieval and transfer of accounts etc. Call Consumer Affairs for recommendation. Anyway let me know if you do end up at VCAT. I have extensive experience with these two so will come along.