Janvier Jewelers / Awful company

Janview Jewelers in Christiana Mall. Purchased a 18in. gold rope necklace. 1 wk. later it broke in half while I was wearing it. Called store & was told to bring it back. Saleslady pushed us, and literally threw the gold necklace out of her store into the mall. Later manager Charles called and told me this didn't happen! It has to be on their video!! He would NOT give me his bosses name or number, he refused. I am reporting them to better business, and filing a complaint with the police dept for assault.

The necklace should of been guaranteed, but the sales lady said that they would not cover it because I broke it. I did not, it just fell off my neck. A link had to be weak or already broken. This necklace was 2 weeks old. I was told I should of bought a better one instead of a cheap one. I paid 259.00!

Va

More Janvier Jewelers Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Gi
      7th of Oct, 2008

I wrote the above complaint and wanted everyone to know how the company now handled the situation. The company called me and apologized multiple times. They replaced the necklace with a brand new one, diciplined employee and they were so extremely great with me. I accept their apology and believe them when they say this is not how they want their customers treated. They could not do enough to satisfy me and my husband. It was so heartwarming to see this kind of apology that my husband purchased another gold necklace.
    We will buy from them again in the future.
    To the owner: Thank you for caring about your customers and treating them fairly. I realize now that you do value our business.
    Ginger

10th of Feb, 2009

Janvier Jewelers has provided great professional service to my wife Christine and I, Charles Bernardi, the manager, not only was knowledgeable, but seems to know how to run the company very well, his employees were helpful while Charles helped us select our new diamond ring, I recommend buying from Charles or anyone in Janvier Jewelers, not only because their service and knowledge, but because the have the best cut diamonds you can find in Delaware.