James Zeta 18in4 / scam - not honoring refund

The website claims to help you lose 18 pounds in 4 days, following a strict diet given after the purchase which consists of many common foods that people often already have in their homes. I made my purchase figuring, hey the website states very clearly that there is a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee, otherwise you're $27 will be refunded to you. After the purchase, I followed the link to download the 4 day plan, in which you were also given other tips, as well as told to hold on to your receipts for purchased food ( it said NOWHERE that those receipts were necessary for a refund), I did not have to purchase anything however as I had several items in my house already and the rest I got from the restaurant my family owns. I followed the plan EXACTLY as it said, ate EXACTLY what I was supposed to and when I was supposed to. After the four days I noticed NO difference in my weight whatsover, so I continued to eat the same foods in the same order for another two days only to still see no result. I contacted the owner of the website and asked for a refund, explaining I was not satisfied with my resultst (because I did not see any), and I was told not to respond back to him unless I had a receipt for the purchase and receipts for my food purchases, AND that he did not have a fax so I had to scan them onto my computer and e-mail them to him. I replied with the purchase receipt and explained I did not have receipts as I didn't purchase any food, in which he did not respond to my e-mail, about two inquiries later he responded saying since I did not have receipts for the food I would not get a refund. I tried to go through PayPal which was where the transaction was made, and they said they couldn't do anything for me, to resolve the issue with the seller, which obviously is impossible.

Ni

Comments

• Ro
      30th of Nov, 2008

I strongly disagree with the above complaint. I started this 18in4 on friday, and followed the plan exactly and so far have lost about 8lbs. I think this is great, especially since I have been at a plateau for the last couple years. I feel extremely great over all. Plus I am so used to be eating meausring & weighing every thing that I eat. I give James Zeta "Thumbs up". I think my $27. was well spent. I will keep doing this until I get to my desired weight loss. I do not see this as spending extra money. first off you eat less, so you definitely will spend less.

I feel bad that you did not loose any weight. Maybe it would be some kinda medical issue.

• Ka
      26th of Mar, 2009

What a load of ###, there is no way you can loose that sort of weight in 4 days. More fool the idiots who think this is so. Do it slowly healthily. Zeta is a scam monger who just wants to make money. There is not easy way to weight loss and dont feed grubby vile idiots pockets like Zeta. Kama will see that what goes around comes around and he will end up fat and ugly just like his insides.

Come on people grow a brain and eat healthily excercise and loose weight the natural way. If you cant do this then you really dont want to loose weight and are destined to be fat lazy people.

• Sh
      3rd of Jul, 2009

THIS DIET DOES WORK! It really worked for me. When I purchased the plan I was so skeptical but I was at a place where I would try anything. The food were common sense food and nothing out of ordinary but the specific combinations made the weight shed right off. The first 4 days I lost 12 lbs. The second set I lost 10 lbs and in total I lost 30 lbs. I looked so great.

I maintained the weight with James tips for over a year. Then due to some sad events in life I started back on my poor eating habits and gained 15 lbs back. I now want to get back on this diet and try it again.

As for the person for whom it did not work please consider this...did you truly try it fully? If so then I find it kind fo hard to believe that you had all the ingrediants at home and did not have to purchase a single thing...sorry dont mean to undermine you but I know for a fact taht James is not a scam monger...there is a great possibility that people may buy the diet and then ask for refunds if they cant keep up with their will power. I thin asking for receipts is a good idea.

This diet does work and I am totally sold on James for helping me lose 30 lbs...

• Dw
      15th of Jul, 2009

I am on day 3 and have to say it is working for me. Boring, I have to admit and have been very hungry at times but overall I feel good. I don't know how much I've lost but I know I feel better and am wearing trousers I wasn't comfortable in a couple of weeks ago. I will stick with it tomorrow as well and am treating it as a kick-start to weight loss. I feel like I've been on a strict detox which has done me good.

I do exercise but not enough lately to see the results I want. I will do this again in a week or so as it does work. Worth the $27 - you could spend that on a bad meal!!

• Kj
      25th of Aug, 2009

Am starting the diet tomorrow...I hope it works! Have read mixed reviews...

• Pr
      25th of Oct, 2009

Some people are sooooo naive! The James Zeta diet plan states "lose 18 pounds in 4 days"...Not 8 lbs, not 10 lbs, not even 15 lbs...So if you don't lose 18 pounds it's a scam. Sure, you are losing weight..but you are not losing what "they" said you were going to lose so why pay $27.00 for the program? It just amazes how people try to justify paying the money for something that doesn't perform as stated! If your stock broker said he can make you $10K in 6 weeks guaranteed and he ends up giving you $1K would you keep him?

• Aq
      26th of Oct, 2009

This diet is a scam. You can't possible lose 18 pounds in just 4 days and if you do it can't be healthy. People come on losing weight too fast is so not good for you and evenutally it will come back. You need to just eat smaller meals 3-5 times a day and eat healither. Lots of fiber lots of water lots of fruits and veggies and a multi vitamin is good. NO SODA POP not even diet. Just drink water for the first couple of months then when you start losing weight and get to the point where you're happy drink a glass a diet but not to much. EXERCISE is key to losing weight. 3-5 times a week and you will shed the weight so fast. You've got to sleep well to because you won't feel good if you're always tired. Lean protein and less red meat unless it's lean. Berries, nuts, sunflower seeds are great to snack on. It's pretty much common sense stuff. And you've got to have a cheat day. Once a week get a cupcake or a slice of pizza because if you reward yourself one day out of the week you are less likely to go back to bad routine of not eating right. And know that just because you exercise for 30 minutes to an hour 5 days a week doesn't mean you can eat whatever you want. Note, you didn't gain 30 pounds in just 2 weeks so you're not going to lose 30 pounds in 2 weeks. Try not to get on the scale if you can resist, just because the scale isn't going down doesn't mean you're not losing anything. Remeber muscle weighs more than fat so you could be burning fat and gaining muscle. Give it time and it'll work. Keep at it and don't give up.

• Gr
      13th of Nov, 2009

I find it hard to believe that you didn't have to buy prune juice at least. However, I agree that refusing a refund to someone who didn't have to buy food is extreme. -- an excuse to refuse the refund. I only had just a few receipts -- notably including prune juice and salt-free stewed tomatoes. I identified supplies I had on hand item by item. I lost a bit of weight, but nowhere near the "guaranteed" amount. Seller boasts that he answers all emails within 12 - 24 hours, but an email asking what Better Business Bureau or Chamber of Commerce he belonged to went unanswered, as did my requests for a refund. Clearly he chooses which emails he will reply to. After 5 days and 3 emails to the seller requesting a refund, I filed a protest with PayPal under the category that the product was not as advertised, and checked "yes" to the requesting a refund question. PayPal answered in about five hours saying that seller was making a refund. The credit showed up on my credit card account in a couple of days. PayPal really does help -- maybe you didn't fit your protest into one of their categories.

• Sr
      14th of Nov, 2009

PLEASE give the guy a break!!

This diet worked miracle for me... yes it did ...BECAUSE I DID NOT CHEAT...Did you guys not read the testimonials in which different people reported different weight loss...every body is different and they react differently...I hate to say this but all of you who are complainig about your $29 or so...will never ever lose any weight ...because you are not out to help your self but very busy trying to prove the other wrong... If you are SERIOUS about your weight loss then get serious and then stick with the diet for as long as it takes foryou to lose weight...

If you WERE TRUE TO THE DEIT YOU WOULD LOSE WEIGHT BUT IF YOU WANT TO CHEAT AND THEN CHANGE YOUR MIND AND WANT YOUR MONEY BACK..SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH YOU...Please take responsibility!!

James I do wish that you never ever read these ungrateful comments but if you unfortunately ever do please please know that you have helped me tremendously and I honor you very much...I lost a total of 30 lbs...Yes and have matained it...this is the best and the most effective diet...Luv u James!!!

• Sn
      27th of Nov, 2009

Zeta is a thief and his plan is dangerous. It screws up your metabolism and after the plan you will almost certainly gain back all of the weight plus a few extra pounds. The plan is not nutritionaly sound and when I showed it to my doctor, he had to give himself CPR thinking that I might actually try something so terrible as this plan. It is also clear that Zeta is posting his own fake testimonials and reviews (even right here on this site) to try to deflect some of the overwhelming criticism his garbage plan has generated. Just look at his website's testimonials for example: the SAME word is misspelled the SAME way in THREE DIFFERENT "testimonials"...hmmmm, what could that mean...And like soooo many others, I too could not get my money back because I didn't have a grocery receipt, even though I had all the foods right there in my kitchen. His website and his guarantee never ever mention you need to keep a grocery receipt to get a refund...he adds that LATER, after you buy the plan. Great, change the guarantee AFTER people buy your product and the refuse to refund their money. That's called theft and Zeta is a low life piece of crap preying on people through the internet. If this program was sound and produced lasting, healthy results, he could charge a LOT more for it...he charges $27 because he knows that people are much less likely to raise a stink over a small amount of money and he can just carry on his scamming ways. There's a reason there is no contact phone number or address...he's a criminal.
    If for some reason you don't believe the posts here, just google this vermin's name and check out the deluge of complaints and scam alerts you find on him. I was stupid and only did this AFTER I lost my money to this coward.

28th of Jan, 2010

hope the plain works 4 me starting it satuarday

• To
      9th of Feb, 2010

Hi everyone I am now starting day 3 of the diet and have lost 4 pounds as of today. I am pleased and feel confident that I will lose a good amount of weight onthis diet. Yes it might not be the 18 pounds but it is better than nothing and going in hte right direction Thanks James your the best. Tonya tonya2836@yahoo.com

• So
      15th of Feb, 2010

I tried this diet as well and emailed the person with that receipt and got no reply. I had no refund and no weight change. In fact, 2 days into the diet, my boss had to actually feed me cos I nearly collapsed while working. My sugar levels were very low and I did not lose any weight at all. The only thing the diet did was make me dislike sweet things and overly salty things cos the things you have to eat have no salt, no nothing in them. It consisted of chicken, mince and most of the time butternut squash and green beans... the last day just had loads of prune juice. ewwwwww

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT UNLESS YOU WANT TO PASS OUT, END UP IN HOSPITAL (lol) OR HAVE NO CHANGES haha
    SERIOUSLY!!! STAY AWAY!!! NO ONE CAN POSSIBLY LOSE 18LBS IN 4 DAYS, IF U DID, THEN THERES SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU! lose weight slowly and get the rewards by not putting it back on after

• Li
      22nd of Feb, 2010

well i want to know if it works but i dont want to lose my money if i dont can someone please send me a download to my email cannienicole35@yahoo.com thanks

• Je
      26th of Feb, 2010

Hi guys could you also email me the diet plan its nefniliel@hotmail.com

• Ed
      28th of Feb, 2010

Hello!
    I also would like an email of the diet plan please. If someone doesn't mind. I will definitely let you know if the plan works for me. edshelton2001@yahoo.com
    God bless you!

• Ph
      5th of Mar, 2010

Hi guys i want to know if it works but i dont want to lose my money if i dont can someone please send me a download to my email phrsx02@yahoo.com thanks

• El
      7th of Mar, 2010

Hi all. I'd like a copy of that diet emailed as well to eds@usa.com if you don't mind. I need to lose 200 lbs and if this really works, count me in. Thanks and God bless.

8th of Mar, 2010

Hey guys.. Wow am up n down about this diet plan.. Can someone send me a copy of the plan. I dnt wNt to lose money.. Email me at krazychick16d@hotmail.com.. If I dnt get this download I guess I'll end up buying it knwing me.. Am goin to read more on this diet..

• Di
      25th of Mar, 2010

i did this diet about 6 months ago and im starting it again today i didnt loss 18 pounds i loss 9 but i was still really happy to loss 9 pounds in 4 day you cant do that on weight watchers