Iwin.com / Online scam

I went to find free games online, I stumbled upon iwin.com and searched their catalog of free games. I downloaded a game and thanks to AVG (my virus protector), I was alarmed to find that the 'free' trial game I had downloaded also came equipped with a Trojan virus. I got rid of the game immediately, luckily it was caught before installation. I don't plan on going back to that site again, and would advise those who do, 'proceed with caution'.

Ra

More Iwin.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ra
      18th of Jan, 2010

I also have been getting duped with Iwin, first my Opals wouldn't update, contacted support, did what they suggested, got into a bigger mess, then the games quit loading online, then I uninstalled their games manager, via their instructions, re-installed, next thing I know I had a very blue frozen screen. My Antivirus program, isn't as quick to respond. I can't find one that will detect AND remove for free. I tried Iwin about 5 months ago, had some of the similar problems, even got two trojans as a reward, Conficker, and Downloader, and also some worm, called Lovasan. ( not sure about the spelling sorry) It just seems these games sites and others too, could be better monitored by these antivirus and antispyware programs, and that we wouldn't have to pay an an"arm & leg to use.

I'm now using Lifetime/Roiworld, Shockwave, Bigfish, Popcap, and a few others, no more Iwin, because ILOST!!!

• Ao
      11th of Nov, 2011

Hi,
    We're very sorry that you are disappointed with Bejeweled Blitz PC. Please visit http://support.popcap.com/where-is-bejeweled-blitz-pc for more information and click CONTACT US to send us an email so we can assist you.
    Kind Regards,
    PopCap Games

• Ao
      11th of Nov, 2011

My apologies! Somehow, my comment above (that is obviously meant for another complaint) posted on this thread. :)

• Co
      16th of Feb, 2012

I understand there is a problem with Bejewelled Blitz as it is currently under maintennance but on Tuesday it was so screwed up that when I played it I lost points, the time went faster than it was supposed to and my score which was supposed to change to a higher one stayed the same even after I used the eagle which I used coins for I cannot move ahead now!

• Mz
      18th of Jul, 2012

Thanks to all who posted their complaints about IWin games. I had been fighting with IWin about losing the ability to play a game I purchased in 2006 for $29.95. IWin reinstated my game a few years ago after my pc crashed and I had to get it fixed. Now I realize maybe because the IWin game was on my pc, that's why my pc broke. Now I have been unable to play the game I purchased again and IWin would only reinstate the game I purchased for $29.95 on a one time installation. I'm glad I declined to get the one time installation, even after I purchased the game. I figure if my pc broke or I bought a new pc, I would have the same problem anyway and lose the game for good. But now that I've learned more about this company, I don't feel the need to reinstall the game. I may be out of 29.95 but would have to pay a heck of a lot more if my pc broke down with a virus. Thanks again.