Ivory Brites / Inability to Cancel Order

1 263 W. Olive #130 91502Burbank, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-279-0604

I ordered Ivory Brites for a free trial offer of $4.99. I never received an e-mail invoice. I only received the slip with the package that stated to cancel within 15 days. Since $4.99 was the only amount on the slip, that is the price that I assumed would be refunded if cancelled. Imagine my surprise to find out that my bank account had been overdrawn, because of a bill from Ivory Brites in the amount of $88.95 . When I called customer service to cancel, I was told that only future orders could be cancelled by phone, and because this was an e-mail order, I had to go to support@IvoryBrites.com to receive a refund. However, I have been unable to access this site to receive a RMA number to cancel. PLEASE HELP!

Comments

• Iv
      23rd of Apr, 2009

i received a trial of ivory brites for the shipping charge of 4.99 - imagine my surprise when i got sent another package of this junk for a charge of 88.97 - tried to cancel online at www.Ivorybrites.com/cancel - nothing comes up under that email address - i am sending back BOTH the trial size and the one i received today - $1000.00 a year for teeth whitening is a bit absurd - i can get the same results by rinsing with peroxide 10 minutes a day and peroxide is $.39 a bottle - this company is a ripoff!

• Lo
      24th of Apr, 2009

I have returned the light and the 2 viles would you please refund my money to my account by at least Monday or, I am going to call the State Attornory Generals Office in NYS. This has been a misunderstanding I want this to be cleared up soon.
    Lois A Vincent
    137 Michigan HIll Rd.
    Richford, NY. 13835.

thank you.

26th of Apr, 2009

I cancelled my order at the onset of my trial offer for $4.99, I have just received another order and cannot reach anyone to speak to since they have charged my account 88.97, I will return this but cannot reach anyone, The email address does not come up, not only does the stuff not work, it is impossible to cancel,
    Please help.

• Da
      26th of Apr, 2009

I agree this product is useless. I never would have ordered but the sight had Colgate product logos so I thought Ivory Brites was another Colgate product that Colgate was promoting. Boy was I fooled. You'll love this! Not only is it impossible to cancel and get ones money back for the 30 day "supply" they sent out. If you haven't already done so, you need to read their Privacy Policy.

"Opt-Out and Can-SPAM Act
    "When you become a Member, you will automatically be registered to receive promotional offers and updates, via e-mails, from IvoryBrites.com and from the Network Sites and other associated 3-mail brands...at any time choose not to receive promotional e-mails...by following the "unsubscribe" instructions in the applicable e-mail...Note that unsubscribing from one e-mail list does not automatically unsubscribe you from any other e-mail list that you may be on. !!!

How long will we be plagued by this scam and its affiliates?

Dancin Nance

• Ha
      27th of Apr, 2009

I feel sorry for all of you guys. I never buy stuff like this online, because it is usually fraudulent. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. If I were you, I would call the bank and set up an investigation for unauthorized use of your debit/credit card; they should give you a temporary credit while the charge is under investigation, and upon the outcome you'll either get to keep the money or the money will be taken again out your account. But 9/10 times you'll get to keep your money because these companies don't want banks and creditors investigating them, so they'll give you your money back. That is the only advice I can give you about that, but hopefully this is a good lesson for all to never

• Da
      27th of Apr, 2009

After e-mailing Ivory Brites last night at support@IvoryBritescancel.com yesterday. I received an e-mail stating that they will refund half my money or $39.99 (less shipping) and let me keep the second shipment. It is better than nothing so I am going to take their offer. Good Luck to all of you. Hope it comes out right for you. Also hope that if any of you take hayihsot's advice above that it works out to your and others benifit.

• Ta
      28th of Apr, 2009

ivory ###

• Fr
      28th of Apr, 2009

Oh my gosh I have not had this many problems yet, but I am going through the same thing! It's crazy. First of all I am going to my bank today and telling them to not except any more charges from Ivorybrites. Try going to their regular website and at the bottom click on contact us and fill that form out. I just did that and we will see what happens. Yesterday I emailed the returns and cancellation dept. and they emailed back that I would be sent no further shipments but nothing about the return I requested or this rma # I need. It's craziness, what a scam! The funny thing about it is that I signed up for the free trial because someone online had blogged about how great it worked and it was a free trial. So maybe she didn't have all the problems or maybe she is in on the scam! Hope that works.

• Pa
      29th of Apr, 2009

I have been fighting with these people for 10 days now. They are cowards as they will not speak with you on the phone. The only way they will respond is to email them @ support@ivorybrites.com. I refused to accept their offer of half of my money back. They finally sent me an email with a RMA# instructing me to ship product back unopened certified mail and upon receipt they would refund my $88.97. I received pkg 4/23/09 and shipped it back 4/24/09 certified mail. You can imagine my shock and anger when I checked my bank account 4/27/09 and they had taken ANOTHER $88.97 for a total of $177.94 within 10 days. To top that off, I confirmed on usps.com that they had refused my package on 4/27/09. So they refuse the package and charge an additional $88.97??? The emails start again and they only agree to refund one charge of $88.97 which he says could take 3 to 5 days. Funny, they can take the money out alot faster! Still have not gotten any further response from them regarding the second charge of $88.97. I am cancelling my card at the bank today and if I do not hear from them by the end of today, I will file an investigation not only with the bank but if I have to I will drive to LA (2 hours from me) and visit the district attorney.

• Ih
      29th of Apr, 2009

what we all need to also is to contact colgate as there name is all over the web site but we never recived any colgate products, this company is taking the internet back to the 80"s...

• Do
      1st of May, 2009

Contact the Better Business Bureau on line and file a complaint.

• Ad
      8th of May, 2009

I 'sorry but I canceled the productin april 22 and I don't received any product and now the company charge to my credit card $4.99 and $ 88 .97.Please i want to know why the company charge for somenthing that I don't have and I don't like .Adriana

• Ad
      8th of May, 2009

I tried the product but I don't like the results and I don't like the automatically sends

11th of May, 2009

I am still trying to get my refund back...I was told I need an "RMA" number, but when you send the email to the place you're directed to, they don't give you an "RMA" number, I did get a "refund" number, so I used that. Now they are trying to give me half the amount back, which is absurd. I filed a complaint with the BBB, I'd urge all of you to do so as well so that this company can stop their bas business practice. Here is the website to file a complaint: https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx
    It took me about a half hour to fill it out, but well worth the time. I think every time someone files a complaint, it makes the company's rating go down.

• Ra
      11th of May, 2009

This is a scam. Do Not order. They will over bill your credit card.

• Ki
      14th of May, 2009

This is the same problem I had with the Total Cleanse/Phentremine/Acacia products. I have had it with "Free Trials". It's disappointing that the ads are assoiciated with websites like MSN and Dr. Oz. as with the above complaints, the 1-800 numbers were not working.
    If it sounds too good to be true-well...
    Buyer Beware!!!
    kim

• Ba
      18th of May, 2009

I do not recall seeing any notice to cancel within 15 days when I received my trial offer. You charged my account for $4.99 at that time. Now you have charged my account $88.97 and have shipped me a 30-day supply. I DO NOT WANT THIS PACKAGE. I have cancelled with your customer service department.

I would like my charge account credited with the $88.97. I will be sending the package back to you. Please advise me of your intentions to credit my account asap.

Thank you.

• Li
      18th of May, 2009

It is the same story here. I thought I would be charged $4.99 but I've been hit with an additional $88.97. I do not want this product and I want my money back!

• G0
      19th of May, 2009

I also have been scammesd to and went so far after advice from my bank to report my debit card lost and they're sending me a new one to ensure they dont scam me again...need to file a complaint with the BBB also...

• Ke
      19th of May, 2009
    Ivory Brites - Info trick 4.99
    IVORYBRITES
    Florida
    New York

Unfair. Misleading paperwork states $ 4.99. Misleading free trial info insufficient. Wanted to use pro duct made to pay $ 88.98 states $ 4.99. Leaving bad taste for company. Please help me with refund. Have two kids try to do my best the money charged screwed up my account. Want to use product in future if i could clear this up. Would still consider to try again in future. No phone support is unbelievable could have solved this instantly. No i have big problem.