International Vacation Services / cancellation fee problem

1 P.O.Box 100Aynor, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-685-7741

1) High pressure initial phone contact.
2)Sales personnel misrepresent or omit critical details of the program.
3) The only chance you have to rescind the contact without incurring major penalties is prior to your signing the "acknowledgement of Benefits."
4)The documents sign place many legal limitations on the buyer while effectively eliminating the critical responsibilities of the travel agency.
5) The sales person does NOT mention The high "cancellation fees." After checking out the company on the web (immediately after I got home from the presentation where I signed up) I discovered a penalty clause. The penalty clause states:"IN WITNESS WHEREOF, You may cancel this agreement with only the $399 fee plus a 20% administration fee charged, and no further obligation, with 3 business days after signing this agreement." The statement does not say exactly what the 20% refers to so I assume it is the amount that was charged to my credit card ($2995 membership price + $399 administrative fee + $199 annual service charge) for a grand total of $3593. 20% of 3593 is $718. $718 + $399 = $1117.60 which appears to be the cancellation fee! THE PENALTY IS ABOUT ONE THIRD OF THE AMOUNT PAID! Also the Cancellation request must be sent by certified mail within 3 business days or there will be no refund whatsoever.

Comments

• Go
      16th of Jul, 2011

We too bought in to their "membership" and were led on well past our cancellation period. They have been giving us a run around. Please contact me. We may be of help to each other. arleneu@cox.net

• Ci
      13th of Jun, 2018

@Godzilla76 We filed with the State of California no one else has filed they don't have any other claims against VSI

• Ba
      18th of Jul, 2011

Have you been able to receive your cancellation and all money paid to them? We are trying to cancel ourself.

• Go
      19th of Jul, 2011

We have not been able to. They have denied us refund and cancellation. We are pursuing other options. Happy to share with you. Best to reach me at arleneu@cox.net.

• Ca
      21st of Jul, 2011

They want you to send a certified letter to a PO Box in Aynor, SC. Have any of you ever been to Aynor, SC? It barely has a gas station, let alone a legitimate travel service. They just opened up shop in Lexington, SC a few months ago after being ran out of Lexington a couple of years ago under the name of VIP Travel, Elite Escapes, and Resort Reservation Services. The Department of Consumer Affairs of SC had a class action lawsuit again the owner Michael Mitchell. So he did what a coward would do and filed bankruptcy on his business, laid low for a couple of years, and is now back in the act.

I can't believe people are still falling for these scams. The cruise isn't free. And you do have to pay more for port fees and taxes. And with the airline companies, why do you think they are charging baggage fees? Because they were losing money. Do you think they are going to provide "free" airline tickets to these scam companies and lose money in the process. HELL NO! Don't be a fool and don't waste your time.

• Ca
      21st of Jul, 2011

For the record. If you don't sign up the day you go to the presentation, and you went back the next day or hell even 3 weeks later and asked them for the promotional items and the same cost, they will honor it. Don't think you are getting a good deal just because you join the first night. You're getting ripped off either way around. You pay $4000 for a membership to have a couple of condo weeks per year, that you STILL have to pay for, then when you use your condo weeks, your limited to availability, and chances are the company is making at least an additional $500 on you because they mark the condo weeks up from their price.

• Do
      20th of Jan, 2012

This bussiness is renting space in a hotel having presentations nightly many people are calling the hotel and coming back in complaining, DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS MEMBERSHIP it is a scam!!!

• Wi
      7th of Feb, 2012

hello, i am a member of the services myself. i did not try to cancel and have been using the service for more than a year. i absolutely love it!!! they have been able to save me thousands on travel, which i do very frequently. i was a little nervous at first because it did seem too good to be true. but as my travel unfolded i found that they can really save you thousands and book all your travel for you. the one consistency I'm seeing in these reviews is that NONE of you have ever used the service. how can you bash on something that you have never tried!!! that's like saying you hate a food that you have never tried.

5th of Apr, 2013

I signed up for VSI not IVS, you think they changed they're names again?. I had 3 days to canceled, which I did-faxed in & mailed the 2nd day, but 8 days later (RR Venture charge me $9063 off my discover card, not the 495 processing fee-just the large amount. Can't believe all they offered but nothing on website and no one
    answer phones. So mad that that I've been taken in to this scam. Sounds like they keep changing names to avoid bad B B rating