Ilance Marketplace Auction Software Script / ilance

I paid nearly $500 6 months ago and my site cannot be launched because of bugs and features that do not work. They have a no refund policy because you get the source code with some encryption via ioncube. You cannot sell the software and no one wants to buy a buggy script. It has been almost a year and I put my site on hold. As I later learned, this company is run by one person for what seems to be hobby since 2008. Please make sure to read their license and never trust their feature list as most of it is bogus. Please submit your complaints everywhere you can if you were also affected by this scam. I see that scam goes back to 2008 and we'll docuemnted on a few forums. This company should not be allowed to roam free and scam more people. God bless and stay safe.

• Updated by Elboro, Jan 18, 2019

Please take a look at his

https:///link removed/

El
Jan 18, 2019

Comments

20th of Jan, 2019

You should have done your homework! I used their trial and ran away three days into it… From my research, iLance has never been stable. Never had real support or proper documentation. Developers like me hate projects like this, because they do not have any API docs. I imagine that they have improved over the years, but not enough to justify going live with it. Basically, you are looking at a boat with way too many small holes.

From my point of view, they don’t have a chance in the marketplace sector. There are other superior platforms and cloud services that are regularly updated and much more mature and robust. Here is my 5 cents about this software (although I would not even call it software; more like beta-ware):

- They have no mobile app. In today's world and in this specific sector, you either have an App or don’t even waste your time. Many other solutions offer native apps as standard or as an add-on.
    - Only one default theme, and they do not have any other themes to buy or download. Your site will look like everybody else. Who in the world wants to launch a site that looks identical like hundreds of other sites?
    - The built-in theme in the newest release does not look like a standard framework, so you will have to hire a designer and pay for a custom theme if you do not have the skills.
    - I see amateurish mistakes in the code on their theme like inline CSS and so many unnecessary div tags. Whomever designed this theme obviously is a novice. Prepare to fix css code instead of customize!
    - Not mobile friendly and is glitchy with a lot of incomplete features. Combine this with the lack of mobile app plus a whopping price tag if you want to host a multivendor edition, and you have a losing proposition.
    - No roadmap or anything about that company on their website.

Sorry to ear about your loss, but I think you are blaming others for your own mistake!

• Ri
      21st of Jan, 2019
    Best Best Advice +7 Votes

I tried ILance and I have to say it does have potential, but not without a great deal of work. Out of the box, it is unquestionably a dud. I cannot believe it’s been around for that long and still exhibit issues of a beta or poorly written clone script from India. They should open it up as a community release to get some real progress. It is absolutely laughable how much it is priced at. What are those folks smoking?

• Er
      22nd of Jan, 2019

Folks! Listen up: Peter Salzman of iLance is using the demo and community sites as a guinea pig experiment. How much money did we all put into iLance? Where are the update and why do we have hundreds of bugs from v4, v5 to v6. All the same. Bugs bugs bugs and more bugs. LOOOL. Extracting money from customers, hiding thousands of bug reports in a so called private community for customers that requires login and special access to the bugs section. FIX IT OR REFUND US ALL.

• Al
      23rd of Jan, 2019

Ilance is potentially a powerful auction marketolace script. This company and the people behind it, be it developers, designers, or sales people are the ones to blame. No clear path, business sense or ethics. I gave up on my site. Getting an update or bug fixes is like pulling a tooth. Sad.