Iggy's Sports Grill / Alcohol policy stupid and food sucks

1 Centerville, UT, United States Review updated:

Last night at Iggy's I had the most horrible dining experience I have ever had, and I would recommend to anyone thinking of going to Iggy's not to go. I used to be a fan of Iggy's, especially in downtown SLC. Last night, we went to Iggy's to have dinner and some drinks. I had one shot and one beer. For a man of my size would put me at a .029 BAC. When I finished those and asked for another, I was told I could not have it because, "it was the law." Come to find out, it's not the law, it's Iggy's stupid policy so that they are not "overserving" customers. A .029 BAC is clearly not overserving, and anyone who thinks so is not a drinker. I suspect this is more Mormons trying to control what non-mormons do. The food was also horrible, and the service was slow. I am NEVER going to Iggy's again, and I hope you won't either to show this restaurant that they need to stop this stupid policy.

Ig
Apr 29, 2013

Comments

• Li

geeze

• Wh
      29th of Apr, 2013

The owner of the liquor license sets the policy. Don't like it, go elsewhere. When it is your $100, 000 liquor license and your prison sentence on the line, you can make the rules. This is a stupid and unwarranted complaint. Funny how the food and service become awful when the customer is not allowed to booze themselves into oblivion.

• Br
      29th of Apr, 2013

Everyone absorbs and metabolizes alcohol differently, in this case, 'size' doesn't matter. You cannot accurately predict your BAL without a test.

• Mo
      29th of Apr, 2013

iggys is protecting themselves by not over serving you alcohol. IF you were to leave, get in an accident and be charged with DWI - YOU could sue them for over serving you and they could loose their license for over serving you. it is not iggys fault that they are trying to protect themselves from fools that over drink.

• Ra
      30th of Apr, 2013

Funny thing is that the Mormons here in Palm Springs drink so much you can hardly understand them when they speak. Obviousl its a liquor control board thing -- not a Mormon one.