IBSN Tax

Posted:

Not trust worthy

4.15
tax filing
IBSN is a tax filing company based in India. These guys will file u r taxxes with some tricky and riskyway.
will tell you that if a query comes from federal or state govt. they will support you for 7 yrs.
they chagred my more than 400USD . for getting more money as a tax return.
I got query from state ..and theese guys r simply ignoring my emails and calls.
i called more than 20 times everytime i get a answer that we'l get back to you shortly !!

this company is not trust worth .
DO NOT FILE YOUR TAXES WITH IBSN . These guys are CHEAT
Complaint comments Comments (1607)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Bad Business Partners

Comments

Dear Benson Jose -

I could have had a satisfied client had you just put a message to the contact points I listed in my previous messages.

Under client privacy, I do not wish to discuss what transpired and what information Munish spoke to you and what information/document he was seeking from you...

It is extremely unfortunate that we lost you as our client, but I promise I would make a full investigation upon the case matter and if Munish (who is a rank holder with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and an ex-employee of CRISIL which is India's highest credit rating agency), is in error, No matter what his credentials are - he will loose his job. I will be very obliged if you could share the total case facts for me to take this action upon him. I have already initiated seeking an explanation letter from him.

Sincerely,

Laxmi Palaypu

To build is tough, to break takes no time...
Help us build a core knowledge process company, feeding us with resolvable criticism...
No company has grown without challenges...
But constructive effort by the company to admeasure corrective steps may kindly be given a supportive hand...that helps us greatly move forward... especially as our escalation belt despite all these messages is not more than 2% of the total volume we handle... We would ensure even that zero tolerance ...Everyone has access to my E-mail ID (laxmi.palaypu@ibsnus.com)...and the two others I have enlisted before. If things do not move even at our level, this message board is globally accessible 24 hours for anyone to come and put a message. But first, please attempt to resolve...
Venkat,

Please let us know your file number and I promise a full investigation upon the pending State Filing issue and put a message back as to why there was a hold on state submission.

You may kindly e-mail your response to my personal mail iD: laxmi.palaypu@ibsnus.com with a cc to Nandakumar.Kannavaradharaj@ibsnus.com / Ravishankar.Vishnubhotla@ibsnus.com and this helps us put the matter in full explanation.

D  13th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Mr. Palaypu,

I wanted to refarain from typing or posting this but I had to do this since I see that instead of you accepting your ### practice and lousy customer services issues you keep coming up with stupid excuses (volume, work load, etc...)just like your stupid tax planning. Just admit it dude you are no tax guru but you are simply a tax cheat who will be caught sooner or later.

Let me tell you that I am an accounting professional who understands US taxation in and out. What you are doing is playing with the fire.

You are just few steps away from getting under the scanner of "IRS CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION'. It's just the matter of time that someone buzzes IRS and you are vanished. yeah no one takes risk for extra $200 but if you multiply $200 with 70, 000 to 100, 000 thats a lot of money for which you are certianly taking a big risk.

I have seen practices like yours mushroomed in no time and get busted in no time. Your volume of business is not a testimory of "LEGITIMATE BUSINESS" practic. Your entire tax planning is nothing but "doctored and misrepresented form "Unreimbursed Employee Business Expenses - 2106 form" that you play with and you call that a "tax planning". You are simply putting innocent people on H1B/L1 (mostly technical guys) with little or no undestanding of US taxation in to a great risk. Your claim of no industry offering 7 years audit protection is also without any metrit. If you need a true comparison I can give you names of the companies who does legitimate business and offers better service offerings with on an average one fourth of what you guys charged in the name of tax planning (fraud).

Please stop messing with average middle class folks who trust you being another Indian and in turn you screw them up. Do you deserve a respect just because of your age? How do you justify the hanky panky... you are an old guys does not give you a right to mess and misguide customers. You could not have possibly continued with such a sham if you had hired people in US.

Just to name a few of your stupid plannings that is totally illegal:

Claiming driving miles to the temple? what tax code/pub allows you to do that? Does that come under charity work?
Depreciating personal car for the regular place of work? Odd
and so on..

Rent deduction for 3 years in a row for the same location same client? How badly you guys misuse "Tax Home" defenition? Do you even understand or explain your clients the meaning of "itinerant" when you claim rents and other business expenses in the name of person working on a temporary client location ###?
Dear so called Honest Answer -

I have no patience to explain you nor I am as old as you think... I referenced the other guy of my 23+ years of experience in the tax indudstry, which doesn't mean that I am old ...How dare you discriminate me on Age which is criminal as per US Laws...? Your response here is a sufficient proof for our attorneys..and I would immediately recommend the Complaints Board on your disparging language upon the company and personally upon me. Also for your information, I am a registered CPA, and a resident of USA with offices at couple of locations... and I would not hesitate to complain to the AICPA/IRS of your corrupt practice to malign for wishful gain.

For your attention - We have an exclusive IRS coordinator who is continuously monitoring our tax practice - This office has fully documented and offered its case documentation to the Revenue and Department of Treasury on each claim that we make upon a return. We have case documented on Rental Expense Claim for Migrating Professionals and I do not need to disclose you under practicing confidentiality, how we are terming a consulting professional as working at temporary but not as itenary... Reading publications or gaining theoretical knowledge doesnt suffice one to serve the client community dear but interpreting the Revenue Code, rulings and court decisions to benefit the client is what gains you into the market.

As late as April 3, 2009 - we are audited for compliance monitoring and I have no hesitation in stating we have a very open book policy - as to our knowledge practice; return preparation quality or implementation of tax practice following the merits of practicing standards and procedures.. The only challenge we have is the service level. Also for your information, we just do not employ people in India...We have full time representatives working for us across the US.

Probably we are the first company to represent before IRS to offer Enrolled Agent Exam outside of the US in India and couple of other countries to enhance return preparation quality and monitoring scope..

For your kind information, IBSN is not an Indian based company but a US based Corporation..
I am truly not sure, if you are an Accounting Professional, this language that you used is desirable upon a peer member. To my educational reference - I am a qualified Chartered Accountant and a Registered Certified Public Accountant...aged 43years engaged into the profession of tax practice for well over 23 years; represented probably at least 1, 000 cases on a minimum scale before various revenue centers across the country... Do you need anything esle about my credentials... and to know if I knew charitable miles; depreciation claim; rental exp and itenary...

Stating this, I have no where denied that we are not facing challenges... I was extremely open even upon those.. I am staying here focussed to help clients who have some issues and if we need to discuss on profession, we will interact separately after this 15th April (my email ID is: Laxmi.Palaypu@ibsnus.com) but please do not waste my time as this office has very little time and still large numbers to file before the closing date.

N  13th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Again how ignorant you can be? I referred you as Mr. Palaypu.. is a disrespect?

Now as far as age discrimination goes.. You discriminated yourself in a previous post where you expected respect based on your age. I do not care how old you are and may be I am older than you. My comment was a piggy back statement of yours where it clearly meant you cannot seek respect based on your age. You got to earn it. If that was a discriminatory statement and you find enough merit to go after me.. go for it dude.

I have no desire to be in practice like yours and I work full time for a NYSE listed fortune 100 company for almost 10 years with wealth of knowledge in this industry and you are more than welcome to complaint about whomsoever you want. I do not need a lesson from you on age or other type of discrimination rules that exists in the USA. I am a US Citizen and understand these laws much better than you.

Now since you have almost threatened with word attorneys, complaints etc.. For my post.. I will take a lead on this front and will do a favor to you and your company by filing a formal complaint with PROOF to certain agencies that I will not post in this board. I was going to let it go but the way you screwed up one of my very close acquaintance it would make more sense for me to actively help him. So far I have been helping my close acquaintance get out of the mess but I guess its not enough for you stop messing around with people’s tax filing. So got to give it a little bit back to you too.
Enjoy
Dear Honest Answer,

For people who read your message to mine, they would definitely know who is acting more arrogant here...
I wrote to you not to waste my time ... as I have just two days for the last date ... Your working for a fortune 100 company doesnt bring you pride...and your arrogant message would neither... To tell you frankly, one of these fortune companies, which is by far one of the largest Financial Services companies, is proposing a partnership or merger of IBSN and that is not achievable with the unscrupulous attitude you assume that we might have done. It is earned by years of research, effort and blood drawn merit.

You are at liberty to complain if you feel justified as your opinion need not be the same as others and it is for the CODE to judge the angle of the interpretation. For that mater, no two revenue centers/agents opinion would be the same. We document every case and preserve substantial evidence and we would definitely address the issue as it comes. But I request you not to waste my time now... and please... do not use abusive language if you are a civilized citizen... of the country that should take pride in you. It is for you to complain and for us to justify as it is for us to complain upon your abusive/defamitive attitude and for you to justify...

Public have enough heard both of us...
N  13th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I guess you need to read my post with a open mind - I said ignorant not arrogant in my previous post. That speak alot about you.

You keep saying do not waste my time and in the same time you keep responding to this message board in your busy tax season. I am not in a middle of tax season so i have plenty of time to voice my concern for a questionable practice that you have.

Let me ask you a qeustion: If your company is so great and your services are world class.. how come I do not find any praises for your company but all complaints and decesive practice realted postings. Why some one has not posted a simple positive comment about your company so far?

Like you said public have heard enough of us so let them decide who is fair in dealing.
N  13th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Well, my friend, if you are posting undesirable messages, it becomes my responsibility to protect, despite the exhaustion I have here to fight on completion of files.

I have not said ..my company is great..nor our service is world class... But, with pride I can declare consistently we do not cross more than 2% audit sampling. This company would not have grown to this size had we carried quetionable practice...that too in public practice... However, the same growth is throwing extreme challenge upon us now- servicing the volume in the peak 60 days time period.

If you read my previous messages on the blog...I have openly admitted we have service challenges.. Every growing company has its challenges and we are NOT Uncommon... But our growth is definitely NOT in filthy means as you have written but with sheer hardwork and an accent to research to the merit of the taxpayer.

To resolve the service challenges, we have put in 18 IIMs, half a dozen IITians and a well respected bureaucrat who serviced Govt Corporate Affairs as its Joint Secretary and Honary Member of the ICAI, ICWAI & ICS. I am confident, planning in advance (I will widely welcome you to take look at it after the season to examine if we are imparting any questionable practice) before 12/31 would avoid most of the challenge that we are facing today and we would implement this from this year and onwards.

This company has a vision to become a global accounting knowledge process center and we expect it to be perpetual. With this long term mindset, we definitely do not have any short term approach to become enriched..

Thanking you for your time, as we mutually exchanged Public will fairly understand us.. if not today..tommorrow... Laxmi Palaypu
N  13th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Atleast my tax not prepared problem got solved after I posted here. I am just hoping that there are no wrong ways of tax return calculations in my return as other people have posted here.
Dear Achint -

We have some severe challenges, and I apologize for the delayed response and return preparation. But I definitely ensured there is no erroneous return computation.

Sincerely thanking you for acknowledging our response time,

N  14th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
It is a general perception that people keep opening when some one initiates. When refund comes they are happy to accept the money. Tax Laws do permit legitimate deductions, it is the risk-free attitude of tax-preparer not to claim such legitimate deductions and simply file the return in routine. IBSN have genuinely been doing tax planning and there are several beneficiaries. They have filed 25000 retunrns successively during the past two years and it is known the quality of manpower available in India. Despite in house training staff members are casual in their approach. it is the process evolution of business. IBSN will and shall improve soon. The number complaints appear here on this site is 15 out of a total 25000 and odd returns filed for the tax year 2007 which is .06% i.e. one in 6000 returns. It is quite humanly possible such kind of mishaps. No one is a cheat for 180 and odd dollars fee that is paid for a fat refund enjoyed but when a query comes from IRS get panicky. Please allow some breathing time, they will certainly respond. Laxmi has personally addressed you all, please be contended.

Last not least please the quality of English communication of these complainants suggest the quality of their education. Same is the case here with the staff IBSN have recruited. It is the poor education system of the country with which we are saddled with. Fortunately America has contended and put up with several of such guys like these just to reduce their cost by offloading sundry jobs to poor immigrants while enjoying all high intellectual assignments with great salary packages. But for these flood of recruitment of ill qualified poor communication guys who are going to USA they would have languished here in India for not more than 5000 INR jobs here in India.

Have empathy for fellow Indian who is trying to be entrepreneur, may be a small contribution from guys like you would be there in the form of patronizing company promoted by fellow Indian who has sincere desire to do something in the service sector.
Dear Prapal -

I thank you and appreciate your empathy upon IBSN. However, it was not relevant for you to comment on the migrant community in US and the education system prevailing in India.

This blog is being carried by people who are facing some challenging situations with IBSN and it is for IBSN to face their frustration and take the heat as a resurrection measure. Please do not get engaged into this discussion, with due apologies.

ISBN PEOPLE ARE ###S
ISBN PEOPLE ARE REALLY WASTE, UNPROFESSIONAL AND A$$HOLE$
ISBN PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABC OF TAX PLANNING
Dear Gaurav,

If you have any issue with IBSN, we are going to resolve. You may please contact me at my e-mail id ravishankar.vishnubhotla@ibsnus.com.

Please do not post unprofessional language and become unprofessional. Promising immediate case resolution,

Ravishankar Vishnubhotla,
Senior Tax Practice Manager
A  14th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
This time, I wanted to file my return throu' IBSN. I called their reps and they promised to get back to me but they never did. I left a message along with details on their Web site but still no one contacted me. Such is a service...

I so far didnt file my returns thro' IBSN but this time I wanted but couldnt do it because - simply - they didnt want me as their client... So, I went ahead with different agency and finished my returns.
Hi Lakshmi,

First, I appreciate you for the bold step that you had taken being on this board.

I am Kasi Viswanath. I filed my taxes through IBSN last time but it was definitely not a pleasant one at all.

Inspite of my bad experience, I thought, I would give IBSN an another try (may be the final one) to file my this year taxes. So, I scheduled an interview. Uploaded all the necessary documents and everything. But, the initial Tax Summary itself is due from your side now. Before taking the interview call from IBSN, I asked, if it is possible to file taxes at this moment and for which your employees nodded pretty fast. Since, IBSN agreed to file my taxes, I closed my other channels in filing my taxes. Now, I am left alone. Is this the service you give to returning customers?

Now, the most compelling issue for me is, WHAT IS YOUR CUSTOMER CONTACT NUMBER. The numbers on the ibsn site DONOT WORK. It always says, "the number is switched off, please try later".

I am writing here as I believe that you are reading the messages here and trying to solve our issues personally!

If you get a chance to read this message, I would request you to advise your team to sort my issue. Please remember that, we have only 1 more day to file our taxes. My reference can be made from my registered email id at your site (vkv.raju@gmail.com)

I hope, my issue gets solved at its earliest and possibly in a best way!

Regards,
Kasi Viswanath
Dear Kasi,

Thanks for the belief you have in me. Believe me, after this tax season is done - I would resurrect this organization length and breadth weeding out some lacklustre attitude that has creeped into some of our heads.

I am also surprised, how a scheduler promised you that we would complete the return in 1 day's time without filing an extension. However, after having promised - obligingly I would ensure that they complete your return before this filing date.

I am personally monitoring the preparation progress and you should receive our tax summary within the next 2 hours. Ganesh Vadigina is preparing your tax return and you may please contact 866 393 2757 extension 3062 (Ravishankar) / 3018 (Ganesh).

Thanking you for your forbearance upon us,

Sincerely,

N  14th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Dear Prospect, I am extremely sorry to have missed you as our client. I would be very obliged, if you could please provide me your details - I would like to do a full investigation as to why our staff missed your filing prospect.

I am hoping my correction measures and the bold initiatives that this company would input to restructure would win you back as our client.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree