Hutch Mumbai / Incorrect charges / customer harassment

Mumbai.
Dated: 10th March 2007.

From: Kunal D Nerlekar,

Brisbane, Australia.

To whomsoever this may concern,
I the undersigned was on a visit to India from the 15th nov2006 till 29th dec 2006.

During my visit to India, I was interested in a prepaid sim for the sole reason that I would be around in India only for a month and a half. I purchased the same from The Hutch Shop, Shivkrupa CHS, Opp. Malhar Theatre, Gokhale Road, Naupada, Thane – 400602 on the 18th Nov2006. I had been clear about wanting only a prepaid offer to the representative Shruti Shinde. It was only on reaching home that I discovered I was not able to make any international calls. On checking with the customer service hotline, I was made to believe that I was on some experimental package and now that I had made a payment for this sim I would not be able to change it! This was really upsetting for me as all I wanted was to stay in touch with my Workplace back home.
Furthermore, when I walked into the gallery again, no one was really helpful or even bothered to accept responsibility of their own mistake. I was disappointed with the response and the treatment I received from hutch during this entire ordeal of one and a half month of my stay. I have been on your network in the past as well and that too on a corporate account. I have never defaulted on my bill payments and used to boast about your service till this tragic rollercoaster I have been experiencing from you till date. My mobile number being [protected] for the purpose of this complaint and my Relationship no: [protected]. If Hutch lives by any of their values, and I doubt it, had you to investigate, it would be an appalling and shocking story of a customers misery, misfortune and total extraction not to mention the mental trauma I underwent in my vacation period back home.

I had to submit my address verification twice, first when I purchased the cursed sim card and second after a month when a rude customer service agent ordered me to resubmit my entire documentation all over again. So I am supposed to dance around every time my mobile service provider decides it needs a verification for the service plan I have not asked for and still end up paying for. This is a clear case of taking undue advantage of a customer’s situation.

The drama doesn’t end here. Despite keeping your so called up-to-date and state-of-art call centre abreast of my departure from India and asking them to disconnect the service on the midnight or rather day end 29th dec06, you will be interested in finding out why my mother is still being sent invoices till date!

Here are the details:
TR DATE 11 DEC 06 AMT 505/-
INVOICE REF NO [protected]
JAN 07 AMT 904.75 (bearing in mind I had already left the country)
INVOICE REF NO [protected]
11 FEB 07 AMT 268.11 TOTAL 1678.11 (bearing in mind its been 2 months since I left the country)

And I am sure here are the payment details which will never strike your eye as Loyalty!!!

PAYMENTS REF NO [protected]
TOTAL UNBILLED OCC AMT .00
TOTAL PAYMENT AMT 505.00
TOTAL OUTSTANDING 1173.11
STATEMENT AS ON 02/03/2007

I fail to understand what am I being charged for? After jan07 which should have ideally been my last invoice.

Now I would appreciate a prompt and detailed apology as well as explanation as to why my family and I being harassed even though we have been what you call as LOYAL Customers unless your company has lost a copy of your value definitions. I also need to make this clear that I will be mailing a copy of this document to all the necessary sources I have in media, newspapers to get this settled. I’m absolutely amazed at how careless and inhuman your company can possibly be, after being patient for this long.

More Hutch Mumbai Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ra
      9th of Apr, 2007
    Hutch Mumbai - Faulty network & poor service
    India

Despite informing Call Center, Hutch has not resolved my problem of facing faulty network - on making a call it either gives a creeping sound to the receiver or blank call with no voice exchange. Call center blames it on handset, where as I got it verified thrice from Motorola.

Hutch should correct this immediately and refund for excess calls thus billed due to faulty network.

• Sw
      18th of Apr, 2008

There's some problem with messaging service such that i can send sms but neither do i receive the report for the same nor i am able to receive sms. How can this problem be resolved. Urgently needs the solution for this!!!