Halo Chihuahuas

Posted: Dec 9, 2016 by

Disreputable breeder

Halo Chihuahuas located in Missouri, while in good standing with the AKC should not be. I first contacted Kristen Blackwell on Nov. 5, 2016 after finding a little female on puppyfind.com. After about a week of emailing, I tried to arrange to view the puppy in person, to ascertain whether or not it was the same puppy pictured online. She said that because she was pregnant, and did not know me, we would have to meet at another location in town, and not at the kennel. RED FLAG!!! When I said as much, she said that the puppy wasn't available anymore, and I should check back in 4-5 weeks when another litter was due.
Today, Dec. 9, 2016 she had two females listed if I was interested. When I said that I was, and inquired about a deposit so that I could come look at her, suddenly she remembered my email from before, but not the part about my interest in a full registration, and not the "limited" registration she pimps on all other clients.
BEWARE of this breeder!! She charges exorbitant fees and then tries to refuse a full registration for your puppy. NEWS FLASH, What I do with my dog after she is out of your possession, ie purchased, is none of your business!
Complaint comments Comments (6) Complaint country United States Complaint category Dog Breeders

Comments

D  15th of Mar, 2017 by    +2 Votes
The red flag is puppy buyers like this! Reputable breeders place pet puppies on spay/neuter contracts with limited registration. It takes a ton of commitment and expertise to to responsibly breed dogs, especially tiny ones. Also, not every dog is breeding quality. Furthermore, breeders have a huge responsibility to find the best homes for the puppies that they bring into this world. If someone had the abrasive attitude of this person and the "I'll do whatever I want with the dog once it's mine", they would NEVER get one of my babies. So I'm sure that the breeder did remember their e-mail and then refuse to sell them a puppy, I would have too! And lastly, in this day and age, it's not safe to have an influx of strangers in your home, especially if you're pregnant or have young children. I've heard of so many tragic situations that could have been prevented.
D  17th of Mar, 2017 by    +1 Votes
Kristen Blackwell is the only breeder that I trust! She is amazing in every way, and it is very rare to find someone like her. She is not only so sweet and overly accommodating, but holds a very high bar for every person she lets have one of her puppies.

To date, I have bought five show-quality Chihuahuas from Kristin, as pets with the limited registration. They are exceptionally-beautiful and happy Chihuahuas, and their temperament is wonderful and very well-balanced.

I am 100% in agreement with the post above from Lara. Finding good homes is a huge responsibility when you are a over-the-top, caring, amazing breeder like Kristen. At Halo Chihuahuas, I can promise you that there simply are NO "RED FLAGS"... Kristin is as honest as anyone person can be!

Thank you Kristen, for not letting that woman have one of your precious puppies! You dodged a bullet. She sounds like she would just beat it, if she wanted too. I wish that there were more breeders like you, because that woman shouldn't own a dog.

Thanks for listening... here's a few snapshots of my babies! ~ Kim

N  14th of Apr, 2017 by    +1 Votes
RED FLAG TO THE BUYER!!! I agree with the comments from above. Kristen Blackwell is a reputable breeder. I purchased a puppy from her recently. She was very easy to work with, answered all my questions and also wanted to know about me and my family as she cares where her puppies are going. This is what NORMAL GOOD Breeders do. They question and pick where their puppies go. If it was just for the money she would sell to anyone. Also, limited the registration also controls the possibility of people who want to become backyard breeders by buying 2 dogs are mating them. And Breeders should also pick who gets to come over to their house. There are weird people out there!!!
D  25th of Jun, 2017 by    -1 Votes
My wife bought our chi from this breeder and had nothing but good to say about her. She is very careful about the environment she is letting the dogs go to, and that is great. The quality of our pup is just unbelievable! She is the happiest creature on earth. And physically she is amazing. My wife searched for a long time to find a breeder like Halo Chihuahuas. We are definitely happy with her. Good on the breeder for being selective when finding homes for her dogs.
D  19th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
Kristen Blackwell IS AN EXEMPLARY BREEDER. She is honest, courteous, accommodating and truly cares for her puppies. Finding the right home for them is one of her top priorities and that speaks volumes. We were able to bring home our new family member a few weeks ago and she made sure every step of the way went smoothly. Our puppy is sweet, vibrant, playful, energetic, healthy, top quality and very smart.
-Marc & Jessica
N  14th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
I have two from Kristen. She is selective and if you didn’t make the cut it’s not her fault.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree