Great Southwest Natural Green Lawn / Lawn Care Service

1 P. O. Box 12112Spring, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 936-828-3706

This complaint is about what I believe were questionable business practices by this company. We were contacted by phone initially. At first, the company offered to do a lawn analysis. The result was that our lawn needed fertilization so we paid them $142.89 on February 18, 2015 - bill stated "treated all problems." We were called from that point on almost weekly or bi-weekly alleging we still needed other treatments. On March 30, we paid them $225.00 for "package renewal. - Treated all problems." The calls continued: grub worms, carpenter ants, termites in lawn, subterranean termites, etc. On April 9, we paid them $142.00. On April 15, we paid them $182.00 for "weed fungus and insect renewal." On April 21, we paid them $91.26 to get rid of carpenter ants. On April 25, we paid them for "fungus renewal. - Treated all problems." On April 30, we were billed for $197.00 for "fert renew (5) treatments, and on May 6 we received a second bill for $197.00 for fertilization.

Around the first of May, we were called again and offered a package deal for one year - twelve treatments, which included fertilization, weed control, fungus control and insect control, plus a deep root formula to be applied systemically. Additional treatments would be scheduled at no cost. The company guaranteed a beautiful lawn or money would be refunded. The cost was $605.12, and a contract would be provided. I wondered why such an offer hadn't been made to begin with. We then received a follow-up letter from the company entitled "Annual Agreement." Instead of the document being in contract form, it was an offer. We did not take them up on it.

The treatments dramatically improved our lawn and shrubs, but the frequent calls for more needed treatments, which by May had amounted to approximately $1, 339.15 for three months of lawn and shrub care were overwhelming. We had finally decided enough was enough. When the company representative called again in May, my husband answered the phone and told him we no longer wanted their services, even though we had already paid for 5 more fertilization treatments.

Na
Jun 22, 2015

Comments

• Pa
      4th of Jan, 2017

We, too, have had problems with Great Southwest. Nothing they told me happened. We have paid them almost $500 and we went from the best looking lawn on the block to the worst looking yard on the block. Their guarantee of "a thick lush lawn means absolutely nothing. I have been trying to contact them since December 12th. and they haven't returned any of our calls. I could go on with more, but, in our opinion, doing business with this company is a poor decision!

29th of Jul, 2017

Great Southwest hired me to bother people at night with telemarketing calls. Being in want of money, I took the job, but I have yet to be paid. I have filed a complaint with the Department of Labor. Also, GSW did not collect any ID nor tax info on me. Likely s violation of IRS. Shifty company, it seems. Avoid and complain to Texas Attorney General.

• Ar
      1st of May, 2018

@Christopher Sommers please contact me at 281-681-3988 or send me an e-mail at allisad2@aol to discuss how to stop this company from cheating others
    Thanks

• Aw
      31st of Oct, 2017

My experience with this company has been nothing but negative and frustrating trying to get them to do what we agreed and paid for.
    The sales rep promises one thing and never delivers. I got one "treatment" shortly after I paid the $213.00 for five treatments. That was it. Always an excuse for not coming back. After eight months and several calls, he finally sent the "tech" out who decided he had the wrong materials and left saying he would return the next day. Never heard from him. Called the rep again and said he would send him back out. Never heard from either. This all started in March of 2016. I would highly advise to avoid this company like a plague. I can only surmise this is a scam operation and they do not know what they are doing other than scamming people.