Great Expectations / Scam and fraud!
During the initial interview (12/22/07) process I was presented w/ membership prices starting @ $6000 min. differing by $500. While viewing what I thought was a very expensive complete pkg. for $6995 Stefanie Hogan swiped my credit card for $7400. At that time I inquired about the refund policy should I change my mind by the time I got home. Stefanie then told me that there was absolutely no refund policy. While I was bothered I felt trapped. Unable to view the membership database until after photos were taken the next week, I was disappointed to find:
1. Copies of the photos were an additional fee
2. An outdated web interface with little search capabilities
3. 40% of the database included inactive members and
4. Very few African American clients.
My disappointment lead me to search the web for complaints. To my surprise there are at least 58 printable pages of complaints about Great Expectations. It was here that I also discovered that I had been charged more than twice what others have paid for the same membership. GE will not deny that I have paid more than others for the same membership and has not offered any reason as to why I was targeted for this amount. As I understand it, contract fees are determined based on the amount of available credit each individual has. I feel deceived and no longer want to participate in the Great Expectations Dating Service. I have not gone on a single date with any member of GE and have no intention of doing so. Essentially, GE has provided nothing but unnecessary credit card debt. The GE contract allows them to charge consumers who never use the service without any means of cancellation. I have repeatedly asked for a refund via email only to be refused.
More Great Expectations Complaints & Reviews
- Great Expectations - Dating service scam 
- Great Expectations - Worst company ever 
- Great Expectations - Beware of local signs! 
- Great Expectations - fraud/ disceptive business practices 
- Great Expectations - I would not recommend this service for anyone! 
- Great Expectations - FALSE ADVERTISING/FRAUD
- Great Expectations - VERY slated and shady sales tactics! 
- Great Expectations - Fraudulent services and practices
- Great Expectations - Unethical as they come
- Great Expectations - FRaudelent Practices