Great Expectations / Scam and fraud!

14180 Dallas Pkwy # 100Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 972) 448-7900

During the initial interview (12/22/07) process I was presented w/ membership prices starting @ $6000 min. differing by $500. While viewing what I thought was a very expensive complete pkg. for $6995 Stefanie Hogan swiped my credit card for $7400. At that time I inquired about the refund policy should I change my mind by the time I got home. Stefanie then told me that there was absolutely no refund policy. While I was bothered I felt trapped. Unable to view the membership database until after photos were taken the next week, I was disappointed to find:

1. Copies of the photos were an additional fee
2. An outdated web interface with little search capabilities
3. 40% of the database included inactive members and
4. Very few African American clients.

My disappointment lead me to search the web for complaints. To my surprise there are at least 58 printable pages of complaints about Great Expectations. It was here that I also discovered that I had been charged more than twice what others have paid for the same membership. GE will not deny that I have paid more than others for the same membership and has not offered any reason as to why I was targeted for this amount. As I understand it, contract fees are determined based on the amount of available credit each individual has. I feel deceived and no longer want to participate in the Great Expectations Dating Service. I have not gone on a single date with any member of GE and have no intention of doing so. Essentially, GE has provided nothing but unnecessary credit card debt. The GE contract allows them to charge consumers who never use the service without any means of cancellation. I have repeatedly asked for a refund via email only to be refused.
Ra

Comments

Ro
  13th of May, 2008
Your story is almost identical to my story. I fell for the high pressure sales scam as well and definitely feel as though the prices are based on your available credit which they find out before sitting down with you. Stephanie told me that I was approved for the program before I ever filled out the paperwork. I have filed complaints, but have received no compensation either. My program cost me $4, 500 so they definitely change the pricing pending your credit. I have read regardinganother who complained and received full compensation only after going to the media with their story.
Bl
  17th of Aug, 2011
I had no idea when I submitted my telephone number in an internet search box that I’d be called & pressured to “just stop by for a 90 minute consultation.” I was surfing the net & came upon some dating site that said it was for “serious singles.” I knew the third time the woman called my phone that I never should have given them my number. She called me in the evening, when I was home & launched into her sales pitch.
What turned me off was the high pressure. She detailed stories of serial murders who were on dating sites. She would not let me get off the phone. I eventually hung up on her. She kept saying “what is the problem? You don’t know anything about the program to say no.” I made up my mind with all of that pressure that I’d NEVER sign up for anything like that.

I felt high jacked enough on my own phone in my own home. Why in the heck would I drive an hour to be pressured to sign up for some dating deal!!! NEVER!!! If they really had a good product they wouldn’t have to resort to high pressure techniques to get people to join. That was purely distasteful and a HUGE RED FLAG! Avoid them like the plague!!
Ne
  27th of Aug, 2012
Check my full write-up about the site here: http://newusguy.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/great-expectations-dating-site/