Godiva / Poor customer service

United States Review updated:
I purchased a box of chocolates for a co-worker who had resigned. I had them shipped to the office where the co-worker worked. I paid for over-night delivery service, as I needed the package to be delivered on a Friday (I placed the order on a Wed. evening at 9 pm). Due to habit, I typed in the full address (including PO Box) within Godiva's order form. Because I typed the PO Box, the request for over-night shipping was ignored, and sent via USPS. As of this writing, they did not charge me for the over-night shipping. When I contacted them to inquire about this, I was told that including a PO Box in an address automatically changes the shipping from whatever was requested to USPS. This is completely unfounded. If someone requests over-night service, and provides a physical street address, why would the company just drop the over-night, and send via the USPS, because there is a PO Box. There was no indication that adding a PO Box to the shipping address would cause this, no e-mail, no follow-up saying what would/is going to happen. This is poor customer service. If I brought a package to UPS or FedEx, and I so happened to write a PO Box, would they reject it, and send me to the USPS?

N  26th of Dec, 2012 by
I used to spend up to $400.00 on Godiva Chocolates at Christmas to take care of the special people in my life. But, Godiva Chocolates is no longer the premium quality chocolate they used to be. Chocolates used to be made with "the finest ingredients" and they still proclaim that they are, but you can see on the package they are now made with Vanillin (fake Vanilla) among other things and use "cheap" Hydrogenated Oils in their truffle fillings. They still charge an arm and a leg for them but the quality is no longer there, and you can taste it. I've been buying Godiva Chocolates for over 40 years and they are nothing now like they used to be, except more expensive. I think this is going to be my last year to spend money on them. They don't deserve it after what they've done to the product.
A  12th of Feb, 2015 by
They have on there website that they do boutique deliveries at every location I called my local one they said they have no service like that called the customer service and got nowhere that is false advertisement I am going to see if there is anything that can be done about this.
N  17th of Dec, 2017 by
I went into my local Godiva store at the Fashion Valley mall in San Diego to purchase 12 gift cards. They had none. Are you kidding me? Eight days before Christmas and they have no gift cards and they told me they won't be getting any more in before Christmas. Never again will I shop there. They really let me down.
N  7th of Mar, 2018 by
Terrible Chat Session.
Terrible customer service.
Terrible people skills (You don't imply to the customer that they are a liar and then blame THEM).
Terrible and dishonest shipping practices.

I called 3 times, did a chat session and emailed twice and they still screwed it up and on top of that they claimed I only emailed once and blamed me that my elderly mom didn't get her birthday gift before her bedtime.