GNS / free trial

1 Arvada, CO, United States Review updated:

What does free vs trial mean? look up the two terms in the dictionary #s! the problem is that people see "free" and stop reading... the website says $3.97 shipping and handling for a one month free 21 day trial... definition for trial is not free... the site plainly states (right beside where consumer puts in credit info for the order) that this is a 21 day free trial... never says free product or sample...
Trial... I repeat... trial... as in try it out for a period of time!
And on top of that it clearly states that there is a 30 day money back guarantee.
Terms and conditions on the very same page as the order form, three short paragraphs in plain english that people only have to read before they order.
Sooooooooooooooooooooo... free 21 day trial... not a free product, not a free sample!... if the customer still has the product in their posssession on the 21st day (end of trial) they are charged $79.90 for the first month's suppply but they have another nine days (for a full 30 day money back guarantee) to return for a refund of the $79.90 they were charged because the trial period was over! terms and conditions states that trial period begins on day of order and $3.97 covers 7-14 shipping time. terms and conditons also gives specific information on procedure to return unused portion of trial to company by 21st day for no other charges or by 30th day for full... no questions asked refund!
Also, terms and conditions states that the customer is automatically signed up for the vip membership (autoship) for a monthly order, of which the customer may cancel at any time prior to shipment.

Comments

• Tr
      8th of Mar, 2009

I'm sure you can read, that's good, read this. you are definitely clueless in what a lot of complaints about gns are about because from your tone and stance on the matter, you are one of the ripoff representatives who work there at gns. I hope many more will read my response and send you a word or two. shame on you and gns. I hope you are not color blind and recognize the color pink, pink slip that is that I hope you and all the liars at gns will soon get after enough of us report this scam to bbb and colorado state to shut you down. better yet, a lawsuit would be just the right ticket to end this scam and send a strong signal to the others scoundrels not to do the same.

Let's all send our comments to "person that knows how to read" but chose a job that scam people and is totally clueless on what all the fuss is about. sadly to say, this person is probably one of the brightest of the bunch working there at gns, which as you can see and read, doesn't say much. they are all this insensitive. they want the scam to continue because they want your money-it's their paycheck which they didn't earn; they stole. it's a very profitable business, lure you in with false advertisement and misleading return policies, in less than 5 minutes, you are charged $3.97 and hook you for another $79.90 in 21 days from ordering not 30 days from shipping. all the work the representatives have to do is answer the phone after making you wait for 30+ minutes and then tell you one of the following: they have not receive your package back or your refund is still processing, or they are unable to credit you. that's it. it's a very profitable business with so little work and the only way you stop it, you have to report to the bbb and colorado state. www.colorado.gov and attorney general www.ago.state.co.us.
    Better business bureau http://denver.bbb.org
    I did and they are actively pursuing, they need more to file especially if a class action lawsuit is to be considered.
    Also, contact businesses near them and inform them of this scam and urge them to help get the community involved.
    Westwoods center of performing arts, 6452 fig st, unit d, 303-467-0334
    Colorado precision machining, 6452 fig st, unit f, 303-467-3835
    Doppelmayr ctec, 6452 fig st, unit b, 303-277-9476

11th of Mar, 2009

I totally agree. lets screw these shameless thieves.

• Mj
      23rd of Apr, 2009

Thank you for this excellent post.

I just received my credit card statement with the $79.90 posted. I had called them way back in march, immediately after receiving their package. that was when I found out that I was going to be billed monthly and wanted them to cancel immediately.

She assured me that all was cancelled and that I could return the unopened product, with a code number she supplied for the outside of the envelope. I took it to the post office within days and sent it off. never thought to get a tracking number and wiped my hands of it. didn't save their so-called confirmation number. shouldn't they have a copy of that???

Today when I see the charge and call them (they answered right away and no holding... I think I caught the first girl off guard. cuz she answered "customer service", not the co. name. when I asked if this was gns she hesitated ever so slightly and then said yes.)

So, she tells me that "we show you as still being on shipment status." and "we have no confirmation that your return was received." when I said I would not be paying she transfered me to someone else. he said that I should have used ups and gotten a tracking number and that basically the us postal service is lousy. (I have never had a problem with the post office.)

He pretty much said there was nothing he could do and offered no solutions. he also said that the returned product (colon cleanse) is considered food and must be disposed of, even if unopened. (is this true? what a waste!) whatever. it didn't matter. I repeated that I would not be paying, that it was their problem they can't find the returned product and that I would be contacting my credit card company.

Thank god I used my credit card and not my debit card. not even sure why I did that, as I always use my debit card. so that was a good lesson!) called the credit card co. and they filled out a dispute and he said he gets 30-40 complaints a day on this company! so, he's pretty sure I won't have to pay.

Thank you for supplying the addresses for co state and attorney general and bbb. I will be contacting all of them. thank you!

• Ac
      18th of May, 2009

This is a huge rip-off. the requirement to return the product so as not to be billed 79.90 for some useless junk is buried in fine print. when I received my shipment, there was no invoice, no cancellation instructions. no information on how to contact gns. when you place an order, you receive no email confirmation with the terms of the order (cancellation, return, etc.)... nothing.

When I finally figured out how to contact gns and advised of cancellation, I received a cancellation confirmation but again, no instructions that I had to return the product for a free trial. they sent me a letter saying the had repeatedly tried to contact me... a blatant lie. they offered to cut the price in half which I declined... I had been misled, miscommunicated and I offered to return the unopened, unused product. "it's of no use to us" was the response... no doubt, no use to them or anyone.

Beware.