Gigi Hair Salon Astoria Queens NY / Attacked by owner of GIGI Salon

1 34 17 30th ave11103, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 718-777-7755

Hello

I am friends with someone who was attacked by the owner of the GIGI Hair Salon, in Astoria, Queens, NY. He was a former employee of GIGI, an Aveda concept salon. He was attacked in a laundry mat, because he claimed unemployement insurance, after he worked in the salon. The owner, GIGI, was so upset that he claimed unemployement insurance, he beat him up. He filed charges against the owner, but later they were dropped. Any man who beats someone up for being a former employee and being gay, doesnt deserve any business.

Plus, I had my haircut their, and it was horrible. I would never go back to that place. If you read Citysearch, they write their own reviews. So do not believe any of the reviews that are posted, since they were all written by the same staff members that work their.

Their are much better salons in the New York area to go to that this Aveeda nonse salon.

Comments

• Ka
      30th of Aug, 2009

Omy!! My thoughts go out to your friend!! Just remember, Karma will come back around on him, 3 fold. ;) Hang in there!

• Me
      13th of Sep, 2009

I went to gig salon for a hair cut and color. It was a bad experience. I had my hair done by a guy named Nem. He keep making sure I had wine in my cup, and he made many types of advancements toward me, that made me feel very uncomfortable. It was a strange experience. I am not gay, but he is, and made gay advances toward me. The wine was not that good, and I felt sick. Nem was telling me the the owner Gigi owned a wine bar that is almost belly up broke, and I can see why, if the wine is anything like they serve in the wine bar, that place is going bust.

Avoid this horrible salon.

• Ly
      22nd of Sep, 2009

I agree with all of the above. Went for a hair color, and they fried my hair. Half of my hair broke off. This happened about a year ago. It was a total disaster. Went for a hair color, and half of my hair broke off. This is the worst salon around. Sorry to hear about your experience, someone should shut this place down.

Funny comments about the bad wine, I agree also.

• Gr
      30th of Sep, 2009

I went to Gigi Salon in Astoria, Queens NY to get my hair color fixed that another salon botched. I read good reviews about them, so I figured I would try. Nem did my hair color. He ruined my hair color, gave me a head FULL of split ends, and a two toned color look.

What a mess, I left upset, just like everyone else.

It is amazing that this place gets away with this.

I agree with many others that say Gigi's salon writes their own reviews. It is so obvious, I can't believe I was fooled.

• Gi
      2nd of Nov, 2009

I hate that place. Ill never go there again. I went in for color and gigi had NOOOO idea what he was doing. I specifically explained what i wanted and he pretended to understand. I was clear that i wanted NO bleach in my hair and only ONE process done (toning my highlights) he turned my hair BLACK, then used pure bleach (which he said was 98% natural, complete lie) to remove it, (which burned the ### out of my scalp, it still hurts) only to put some other color on top. My hair is disgusting, dry and damaged and to top it off I have orange roots! what a nightmare. and did i mention i was there for 4 1/2 HOURS. yep. They shouldve paid ME for using me as a guinea pig n f*kin up my hair. horrible place dont know how theyre still in business.

• Na
      6th of Jan, 2010

I`m upset reading what happend to a guy working there-it`s truly sad-but i`m writing more about coments about guy who work`s there Nem(i think this is how it`s spelled), and i`m kinda very surprised-couse he s been doing my hair for more that a year-and i think guy is the best hair stylist ever, very kind, fast working no bull...and to make an appointment with him needs a days before-so obviously he can`t be bad as some of u people write ur comments on here!

• Bl
      20th of Jul, 2010

I Approach this place about putting together a Blog for Gigi's and was treated very bad. I asked to speak with the owner, he replied and who are you in a very nasty like tone of voice like he was better then me.
    ]
    ]I replied I just want to help you reach out to the local community to listen to there voice and better shape his business using blogs and social media. However little did I remember you don't need to use social media to be a part of it people do the work.

Those people who leave comments are motivated by two things great service and even more comment when you screw up with bad service.

This is why when he heard me say I was the owner of Bloggers Schoool he treated me so poorly, he looks at blogs in a bad way because they are transparent and there is no where to hide.

• Ha
      18th of Oct, 2018

You can find another hair salon in astoria call Chez Alvi. The treat their client like family. You can google and find it with hair salon astoria blvd or hair salon astoria chez alvi.