Garmin GPS / map updates
Purchased 2 new Garmin GPS units, and when I went to get the one time map updates I was told it would cost almost as much as I paid for the GPS to get updated maps.
I had previously owned another Garmin and I had 1 year for the free upgrade.
Now Garmin says you have to get the free update within the first 60 days of purchase or it will cost you almost as much as GPS cost.
NO WHERE on the Garmin Box or in the included paper work do they tell you to get your free upgrade within 60 days of purchase. You find that out ONLY when you go to download free update.
I submitted complaint to Garmin and I basically got a smart azz answer from some rude idiot. After complaining to second person he asked me to fax in receipt (which I did) and he NEVER Responded, so I resent note asking why no reposnse - 4 days later I got short curt answer saying it was my responsibility to get free upgrade in 60 days and there were no options open - other than BUY UPDATE!!!
I have always recommended Garmin but trust me when I say this NEVER AGAIN!!!
Tom Tom has cheaper prices with exact capabilities and FREE LIFE TIME MAP UPGRADES. Our daughter bought Tom Tom and she loves it and in fact YES they do have FREE LIFE TIME Upgrades!!!
GOOD BYE GARMIN - HELLO TOM TOM... I PLAN ON SPREADING THE WORD EVERY WHERE POSSIBLE TO NEVER BUY A GARMIN, HELP PASS THE WORD AROUND!!!
More Garmin GPS Complaints & Reviews
- Garmin / 2011 Map Update - map update 
- Garmin CityXplorer & Nuvi - cityxplorer scam
- Garminastrosaless - discount sales garmin astro 320 3 dc 40 collar
- Garmin Nuvi 265Wt - Bait and switch scam 
- Garmin GPS - exploding battery
- Garmin International - lifetime map updated
- Garmin International - garmin forerunner 30 water damage.
- Garmin International - garmin south africa
- Garmin International - delivery of garmin drive
- Garmin International - customer service - vector 3 pedals