Gambler / Cigarette Machine / Machine doesn't work well at all

1 326 Scabbard SWGrand Rapids, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 616-719-1480

We just bought the new Gambler Cigarette Machine because we roll our own cigarettes, its cheaper, but this new machine is absolutely the worst ever. The main problem and it is a problem is that when you put the cigarette tube on the end of the machine, you have to take a toothpick and try to clean the other tobacco out from the previous cigarette that you just rolled. This in itself is a hassle. There is no room to actually try to get a toothpick under the tube area and even when you shake the machine, or should I say, move the top portion back and forth a few times to shake out the old tobacco, it doesn't always come out. By moving the top portion back and forth it also creates wear on the machine. Unfortunately, we can't take this product back. People that don't have alot of money are forced to roll their own cigarettes, but at the same time, we buy a product that doesn't work well at all and we can't get our money back. This is a problem.

Comments

• Ru
      23rd of Mar, 2009

This is the worst machine I have ever used! Wish I would have never bought it!

• Th
      8th of Jun, 2009

The Gambler Cigarette Making Machine isn't too bad. I can make a pack of cigs in under ten minutes. The hand grip on top of the machine makes it easier to use than others I've tried and the action on the lever is reasonable smooth. The tubes are packed uniformly and slightly tighter than a manufactured cig. The only negative is the machine constantly misses filling the last three sixteenths of an inch of the tube. This is quite frustrating. I roll a small ball of tobacco between my thumb and finger and plug the end with the end of a pen. Very time consuming.

• Ki
      16th of Jun, 2009

I just got the big round machine and so far I love it! it jamed a couple of times but that was my fault not the machines. The only complaint that I had was that it made the cigarettes tighter, but.. i didnt have tp pack it, and after smoking a couple i realized that if i hit it slow and easy, it was a perfect cigarette. I was using a small tops hand held tube filler and it worked ok but not as fast. if you have a problem with the tobacco not filling the end of the cigarete you have to remember to fill the edges first and kinda push to the wall ends and it wont do that anymore.

• Ba
      3rd of Nov, 2009

I agree with the first commentor. This cigarette machine is not worth the money. Even though it seems affordable, you are wasting time and tubes trying to get a good cigarette made. I have tried everything and this machine refuses to make a decent cigarette.

3rd of Jan, 2010

I've been using this machine for about a month. I've been doing myo for about 3 months and started with a Top Hand Held injector. While it worked after some trial and error it was slow and got old fast, but it's a good starter to test the waters at $5ish even if you switch back you've saved that much in tobacco and tubes.

For a replacement I purchased the Simron ESP1000. Nice little machine, much easier to use and faster and it's size is very small so it's easy to take with you when traveling. If you're looking for the smallest best machine, that's the one. I use it now as my travel machine and a backup for the Gambler.

Right after I purchased the ESP1000 I found the Gamble Machine locally. I figured why not, nothing to loose If I don't like it I can take it back with nothing lost since it's local.
    This machine is awesome. Once I made a few I got the fill of it and perfect cigs every time. I can't say that with the other two. A dream to operate in comparison and so much faster. I can make a carton in under 12 minutes and every one of them are perfect. Packed well and even from the filter end to the other. I would venture to say this was by far the best machine anywhere close to it's price point. HIGHLY recommended.

• Li
      19th of Jul, 2010

The original complaint on this board probably has a simple solution. I have a feeling that the remaining tobacco in the injector is caused from the machines setting. You are probably rolling the typical king size tubes when the machine is set to roll 100's. It needs the little metal piece to be installed on the right hand side of the filling trough, or basin. (The gutter thing.) I however have had the problem with them not filling the tube all of the way. Sometimes they will only fill half way. It is a problem that has gotten worse over the last month or two. I just rolled 11 cigarettes and destroyed 12 because of this. This must be a common problem with most brands of machines because my father bought a top brand at the same time I got mine and his is failing too. I would hope a part is getting worn and needs to be replaced but I don't know which one(s). Anybody have any ideas? thanks

• La
      16th of Sep, 2010

I bought this gambler less than 2 months ago it is now broken and i can not find a place to buy replacement parts can not return it.. well it was great while it lasted but at 30.00 for the machine and less than 2 months I am not saving a whole lot doing it myself.. and consider my time and the mess.. prob better buying packs again.. not too sure if i can find replacement parts reasonably price I will reconsider my comment but for now I slide to the neg side of the agree that is aint worth the money..

• Go
      4th of Oct, 2010

Anybody that can't get a great cigarette from the "Gambler" orange machine ain't got the common sense God gave a slug ! If you pay a little attention to the instructions, and do what they tell you to do it only takes a few tries to get the right "pack", or tightness to your smoke. If the cigarettes keep coming out bad did you ever stop and think that YOU might be the problem and not the machine ?? I got mine about a month ago and have made 5 cartons(1000 cigarettes) with less than 10 ruined tubes. I screwed up a few when I first started and a few more as I went and I know it was my fault for trying different ways to pack the loading slot. I'm real happy with mine, a few of my friends have seen how easy it is and how cheap it is to make your own and are getting their own machines. I use "Good Stuff" pipe tobacco which is said to be a little harder to use than cigarette tobacco and my results have been Damn good ! If you can't get a good smoke with this machine I hope you use public transportation, 'cause you ain't smart enough to drive...

• Js
      30th of Oct, 2010

I have been making ryo for almost a year.My first machine lasted 8 months.So I bought a second one, well it lasted a week, so I bought a third one, thinking to buy parts for the last one.Well the 3rd one didn`t make 24 hours and the dealer will not take them back at all.And no it`s not me it`s the machine.I did really like the first one but now after this looking for a new brand.

11th of Nov, 2010

We have had a Top O Matic machine for over a year and loved it. One part was broke and bought a gambler machine to have an extra while waiting for parts for the other. The Gambler machine is the worst ever and I would not recommend it to anyone!! The tubes do not go on easy at all and with only three days use, it came apart underneath. The vendor won't take it back and we tried the day after we bought it when we couldn't get the tubes on and of course like everyone else they wouldn't take it back! For what we pay for the machines there should be a warranty or something and the manufacturer should repair at their expense for building a very poor working machine! Wish we had seen this site before the purchase but since the Top O Matic worked so well, it didn't even occur to us that Gambler would put out a poor working machine. Top O Matic is more metal than plastic so I would recommend that brand before gambler any time!!

• La
      8th of Dec, 2010

I got a Gambler Machine for my birthday and have used it for two mths and it is now broken. When my man took it apart he found taht the Injector, the part that pushes the tobacco has a thin clear plastic piece on it and that is what broke. He said it was way to fragile to have in this machine. A littls plactic piece to puch out a metal part ! Come on. If you put any pressure on it it is going to break.
    I found it hard to use and the grips on the bottom came off a few days after i got it. If you want to buy parts you have to use the order slip that came in the box and though the parts are cheap( cheaply made as well) you have to pay $7.50 shipping ! That is crazy. I am very disappointed. I now use the hand held again.

• Di
      19th of Dec, 2010

We bought a Gambler machine ourselves and it was only ten days and it broke! Wish we had found this and researched before buying. My husband just went out and bought a small hand held...so far so good. Oh, btw the number for the company is no longer in service. I just tried it!!! What's that tell you?

4th of Jan, 2011

i have been rolling my own cig. now for over a year. I started out with the top-o-matic and after 2 machines and 100.00 I decided to try the gambler. I bought the 1st one 6 months ago and it was fine then 1 day it just broke, there's this little white plastic piece inside that makes the chamber come out and that's what broke. so on dec 24 2010 we went and bought the same 1 and 9 days later this 1 did the same thing the 1st one did..now it says there is a 1 time warranty on it, now you have to pay for the shipping which isn't to bad but they also want you to send them 12.50 so they can ship it back to you.. how is that a warranty, why should I pay 25.00 when it only cost 32.00 to begin with..I toke it back to the store I bought it from and they said they have a no return policy. So needless to say I am not happy at all . 170.00 later 4 machines and none of them work, i realize things don't last forever, but come on.
    very disappointed

• Mo
      28th of Feb, 2011

I have gone through 2 of these stupid machines in 9 months. Both times its been the same part that breaks. Its the plastic piece that attaches the injector spoon to the mechanicals. It takes more force and abuse than any other part of the machines and these [censor]s make it out of a tiny, cheap and brittle piece of plastic. Coincidence? I think not. I think this is an engineered Achilles heal. Intended to break so that you will buy another machine. Luckily my dad is a retired machinist and is making me a new part out of aluminum. I would never buy again or recommenced one of these machines to anyone!

• In
      3rd of Mar, 2011

I went though two of the round ones. The first lasted 24 hrs. I sent it back and told them it was broken when I got it. I got a replacement then after 4 cartons the second one broke. Just like everyone here mentions, it is the clear plastic bit that connects to the metal injector. I am thinking about coming up with a metal part to replace this plastic one & manufacture it. That is what is needed. I found the machine easy to use. I am going to try using a strong plastic rubber glue for crafts in the mean time to fix it.

27th of Mar, 2011

I didn't experience any of the problems that the others have mentioned personally. I found it rolled the perfect cigarette (king size), was comfortable to use with the rounded edges and was nicer to use than the Premier Supermatic Excel which I previously owned. HOWEVER, while the Excel lasted me about 2-3 years, the Gambler one only lasted me about four months because you can very easily overfill the machine which strains the parts they insist on making out of plastic, causing them to break.

Since my Gambler machine broke a few days ago, I've decided it much easier just to purchase the replacement part ($7.55 shipped) for my Excel machine as there is very little difference between the two other than the fact that I know it took almost three years for it to break the first time around.

So while I didn't experience any of the previously mentioned issues with the Gambler machine, I would still recommend the Premier Supermatic Excel as it worked extremely well for me and lasted a lot longer.

1st of Apr, 2011

Hi my name is Anthony. I have had this machine for about 2mounths and is now broke i want my money back or replace it with the top of the line machine for free this my 2nd machine and they suck it nevers makes a smoke right i had the preimier and it is all plastic and it was better thank you very much my e-mail is bonebrown@hotmail.com and my phone #is 1-570-240-2704 i would like a replie 2 day taken care of this matter thanks again anthony

bad product

1st of Apr, 2011

please make good on thank u

15th of Apr, 2011

hi my name is Marsha, i bought this machine and it keeps on braking i try and fix it and it brakes again something needs to be done i roll my cigarettes and i needed something that was easier than the little hand ones this is not easier because it keeps on braking. What am i going to do with a broken machine. Please email me back Marsha_26@ymail.com. Please respond this isn't supposed to be breaking.