Furniture Row / lack of communication

1 5740 N. BroadwayDenver, CO, United States Review updated:

I purchase a living room outfit. Sofa, loveseat, recliner and 3 end tables. I was told it would take 10 days for delivery. It now has been 16 days. I have called twice to find out estimated time of delivery and all they could tell me is that it had left the warehouse. UPS and Fed Ex can track...why can't they tell me how long it normally takes. I am planning a party next week and I need to have my old furniture picked up...thank goodness I didn't tell the person that I sold it to, to pick it up on the 10th day. If I had I would be sitting on the empty floor right now. All I have asked for is a phone call so I could plan and no one seems to care. They have my money...who cares now...

The first issue I had was when I applied for 5 years no interest...the security questions they asked to find out that I was who I said I was from my first marriage which ended 15 years ago.

They at first denied me credit even though my friend who is my banker was with me and I have a credit score of 742. I don't expect to go through my past to get credit.

Va

Comments

Tm
  12th of Aug, 2008

We had a nice buying experience, but after that it's been one nightmare after another. On 3/5/08 we purchased 2 couches, 1 side chair, 1 side board table (buffet style), 1 round side table & 2 rectangle side tables. We were told it would all be delivered in 2-3 weeks...6 weeks later it was delivered & one of the legs on the chair was scratched (BAD!), one of the legs of the rectangle end table was missing a piece & the other one was chipped, & the round table was back-ordered. We immediately called our Sales Rep & was told they would replace both retangle tables & it would be a couple more weeks before the round table was in (it was over a month).

There's a lot of other things that have taken place since then, so the short ending is this...4 months after delivery, we're still waiting for the replacement table for the one that was chipped, the black lining on the bottom of one of the couches & the chair is coming off, the cushion on the back of the chair is SO mis-shapen that it can't be fluffed back into shape, & a spring in one of the couches has poked a hole in the lining under the cushions.

Last weekend my husband & I went back to the store & the manager personally handled our business, we were able to order a whole new & different set of furniture & he made it financially right with us. We were ensured the new furniture would be here in 2 weeks, along with our missing replacement table. We have HIGH hopes that this furniture will be better quality...if not, we'll be asking for a FULL refund & taking our business elsewhere.

We will NEVER do business with this store again!