Focus On Nature Tours Inc. / Total Rip off and scam!

In September I paid Mr. Hall over $5600 for a trip to Argentina and Chile that was to start 10 November. After he got the money, I didn’t hear from him further until 5 days before the trip was to begin. He was unresponsive to e-mail and phone calls. He finally called and said that he had been in the hospital with pneumonia and his wife’s father had died, etc., but that he wanted to leave on the trip a week later. Again, he was unresponsive until I threatened to call the police. This was around the first of December. He assured me that he would return my money, “hopefully before Christmas.” Of course, I haven’t heard from him yet.

Va

Comments

• Bo
      18th of Jan, 2007

The Delaware Department of Justice is investigating numerous complaints against Armas and Focus on Nature Tours. One allegation is that he ripped off a Brazilian tour operator for around 50k. If you have been victimized by Armas, please contact:

Bob Irwin
    Special Investigator
    Fraud Division
    302-577-8511
    Robert.Irwin@state.de.us

• Es
      16th of Nov, 2007

I don't have a complaint, I just want to cancel the new letter that you send every month, and no $ 9.95 charge.

Esther Duchesne.

25th of Mar, 2008

what do i do

• Ar
      15th of May, 2008

This is a complaint against "Complaints Board".
    We have tried to make contact with them unsucessfully. Over 10 e-mail messages were politely sent, with no response. We asked for a phone number and mailing address, with again no reply.
    Information is in their web-site (brought to their attention in our e-mails) that is not only out of date, but also INCORRECT. Anybody can put anything on the site, and it does not get removed. That's bad for everybody.
    To see what our company of 18 years has been doing, and does, please visit the Focus On Nature Tours web-site, and if we are contacted, we will respond (in contrast with "Complaints Board").

Armas Hill
    Focus On Nature Tours

27th of Oct, 2011

Armas Hill is a liar and a fraud. He took a $500 deposit from mr for a birding trip to Brazil four years ago and, upon learning more of his deplorable business (Focus on Nature Tours), when I canceled the trip, he never returned my deposit (but assured me he would). Don't be fooled by his post above OR his fancy website. This man and his wife are cheats from the word GO. And they have the nerve to complain about COMPLAINTS no providing them with any recourse for what they claim is unfair criticisms against them (see message immediately above)? Wow, do not believe for a moment the dishonest assertions of Armas Hill and Focus on Nature Tours.