Florida Metropolitan University / Loans

1 United States

I applied at the Florida Metropolitan University back in 2004 they hurriedly accepted me and had me in classes before any financial aid was set up, now as I was going through the process of it they avoided phone calls from my father who is a Veteran. I am also Native American so I have benefits from my tribe so I shouldn't have to take out any loans, ever. They had me fill out paperwork as a fall back saying that all I am doing is applying to see if I am eligible for the loans. I had to stop from attending this college because of health situations and housing situations and had hoped to return later, but then my mother fell ill and had to have a surgery and I had to return to take care of her. In my time out of state two loans were taken out in my name and I was unaware of this fact. They were taken out with Sallie Mae. I have recently been informed of this, MANY years later from the fact when I applied for a new college and got collection calls from Florida Department of Education. I filed a grievance and they are not returning my phone calls regarding this matter.
I am still getting collection calls, saying they will pursue legal action.

More Florida Metropolitan University Complaints & Reviews