Film-Classics.com / Fake Company

I ordered a hard to find dvd from Film-Classics.com and when the product didn't arrive, nor did they return any emails, I decided to do a little research. Turns out that there are numerous complaints regarding this company and their subsidiaries. Not only do they NOT ship the product that you ordered, but from what I've read they also steal additional funds from your account.

For search engine indexing purposes, I'm going to list all of the fake companies that I found affiliated with this one. Hopefully you are reading this before getting scammed. If not, take your loss and cancel your credit card immediately!

Websites:

CENTRL MRKTG/MNGMNTLLC

Fake Phone Numbers:
[protected]
[protected]

The checkout process appears to go through homestead.com accounts with the following names... "NocturnalPictures" and "sscott538". Additionally the domain names are registered with homestead.com and are all set up as private (no contact information listed).

Ry

Comments

• Br
      24th of Dec, 2008

Thanks so much for posting this. I was looking for a hard to find movie for my brother and had been to the site a couple of times. I didn't order because I was unsure if it was a legitimate site. Now I know I won't be ordering anything from this site. Thanks for taking the time to post this and saving me the headache!

• Sc
      23rd of Feb, 2009

yeah another fake phone # for "Nocturnal Pictures: is 714-360-2702 some thugs private voice mail

• Je
      4th of Mar, 2009

I'm guessing I just got scammed. Muppets Family Christmas was under $15. I should have known better. But I was given the e-mail nocturnalpictures@live.com and my PayPal tansaction listed the name Ralph at ebuyerelite@hotmail.com.

23rd of Apr, 2009

I ordered a DVD of 'Really rosie' from them and can't get a real response from them.
    JohnCharles Robinson

17th of May, 2009

i ordered looking for mr goodbar and got a blank dvd

• Za
      25th of Jun, 2009

We ordered from a site and received an email from Film-Classics with a reference number and company name and the amount of the order, no other info provided. I tried to send a reply to the email address and got a Return Delivery email back saying 550_Cannot_relay._Mailbox_not_available_gateway@linkpt.net . I called my credit card company and filed a dispute, they took off the charge and are charging it back to the company (Good Luck). We thought it would be a legitimate side because we got the link from Amazon.com sponsored links.

Zach Lucas

29th of Sep, 2009

i have the same problem as zach. i am disputing the charge with master card. joe newport ri

• Ji
      17th of Nov, 2009

I also ordered Muppets Family Christmas DVD and the same thing happened to me. I am disputing the charge also, I just wish if this has been going on over a year someone could do something about them!! Of Course I knew nothing about the complaints until I did not receive the DVD and called the 800 #, it sent me to a web site that was no good which in turn sent me to this site.

• Gl
      24th of Dec, 2009

I ordered the film 'Naughty Marietta' from Film Classics in September. I heard nothing for 4 months when I received from 'Vintage Video' at 2321 East 4th Street, Santa Ana, California - a DVD of the film. I was most surprised.
    However when I watched the film it became obvious it has been recorded from TV on the TCM channel. The TCM logo appeared on some parts of the film and the person recording the film had allowed it to continue recording when the film had finished - giving details of other films on the TCM Classics channel.

BE WARNED.

Glenn Long

• Mi
      9th of Jan, 2010

Well, at least I am in good company. I ordered a DVD to give for a Christmas present and it was so bad it was unwatchable. It looked like it had been recorded by making a video from a TV broadcast. This outfit is a total scam!! Stay away!!
    Mike Dodson

• Ro
      21st of Jan, 2010

I ordered a DVD from Film noir video and received a email receipt showing that it had been shipped on January 11th, 2010. Then I received a duplicate email from Film- Classics. I have yet to receive the DVD and can not get a response from two emails that I sent to them. I noticed that both of these websites look identical and neither have an address or phone number. Beware of Film Noir video.
    Robert Edwards

• Ro
      21st of Jan, 2010

I ordered a DVD from filmnoir video and received an email confirmation from filmnoir and film classics. Both confirmation numbers were the same and both websites are identical. The confirmation showed that the DVD was shipped on January 11th, 2010. I have sent two emails with no response. I also noticed that there is no address or phone numbers listed for either company on the websites. Beware of Filmnoir Video, this company may be the same as film-classics video.
    Robert Edwards

• Ws
      23rd of Mar, 2010

movieticketplus site looks fishy -- may be related to film-classics.

• Bi
      5th of Apr, 2010

I also ordered a movie from Film-Classics and never received anything. I received an email confirmation that it had been shipped, but never received anything. When I tried to contact them, the email bounced back as undeliverable. My question--why would Amazon allow a scam artist to post their link on their website?! I never would have ordered from them but because they were on Amazon's website, I trusted it was a reputable company.

• Bi
      12th of Apr, 2010

Another one bites the dust ...
    I've ordered a DVD through Marquee Video for $19, where I ended up when the Amazon version was 140 euro, and I received the DVD this weekend ... only to find out it was a home made version with only the first half of the miniserie ( How to catch a killer on it).
    My complaint towards Marquee Video was brushed of with "Our films come from many different sources, and may at times have different versions available."

Right ...

My replies to them are now simply ignored.
    Time to contact my credit card company I guess.

At least I already knew the ending of the movie ') .

14th of Apr, 2010

I am the latest victim. I ordered from MOVIETICKETPLUS and received what seemed to be a legitimet receipt. I never received my order. I was charged $14.95 for a hard to find movie with freight charges $4.95 for a total of $19.90. I am furious. BUYER BEWARE

• Ru
      15th of Apr, 2010

Man! I just ordered a movie last tuesday 4-13-10. It was a hard movie to find. I ordered from Marquee video. I got a confirmation from Marquee AND Film-Classics. I am so excited to have found the movie, and then I stumble across your website...
    I'll give 'em 2 weeks, then I guess I dispute with the cc company :(

• Ru
      27th of Apr, 2010

Mine was the last post, and I want you all to know, I emailed marquee video after reading this website, and threatened them with a class action lawsuit (my lawyer is a real bulldog) and included this website in the email. They did send me my movie in it's entirety (and this was a 4 hour flick). The quality wasn't the greatest, but I think that's the best you're gonna get from a twenty plus year old movie. There were no DVD's then. But I am satisfied now :)

• De
      8th of Jun, 2010

I was able to back into website http://stores.movieticketplusvideol.com/service.bok and found:

REFUNDS: Contact us directly and we will refund your purchase should you have any problems.

Contact us at movieticketplus@live.com.

Wow, now you are threatened with negative credit report! Filed a cancel order today...we'll see

• Ki
      11th of Jun, 2010

I have same probelm as you have. I ordered this dvd " small scarfices from Marquee video for $19. then the dvd was shipped from film classics. i received that dvd in the mail. the dvd does not have subititles or captions for hearing impaired. they keep saying that subtitles should be working on player menu settings but i told them that the dvd does not have stubitles and captions on player menu settings. I had to return that dvd back to them and demanded a refund. they came back with a response saying : ALL Sales are considered final. **VISA/MASTERCARD CUSTOMERS**Any attempts to file a CHARGE BACK or DISPUTE will be deemed fraudulent and appear as a DEFAULT payment on your CREDIT REPORT.

I sent a response back to them saying : what kind of policy is that? you cannot do that to customers like that. it's wrong. they should be offered a refund if this dvd is defective or damaged etc.. you know.
    i contacted my bank to dispute a probelm about this. I hope I get my money back. I never going to order dvd from marquee video or film classics again!!!

customer beware!