Fake Job Offer on behalf of ExxonMobil Oil and Gas - Crystal travels consultancy and tours emperor house, colliers green, cranbrook kent, TN172LS uk / scam/fake job offer received on email, asking for travel to uk for interview

1 United kingdom, United Kingdom Review updated:

Hi, I'd like to report a scam for a Job Offer that I received today via e-mail. I'll give as many details as possible.

Email coming from: [protected]@atsc-d.com (i checked the domain, it is a false one, with no content on their website. Also, nothing relates to the Exxon Mobile official emails)

Subject: Attn: "my name"

Body: see screenshot attached.

Someone on behalf of the Exxon Mobile company contacted me informing me that they took the time to see my resume (I never applied for them in my life) and I supposedly been evaluated and shortlisted for a job interview.

Attached to the email were 3 documents:
1. Job description - a document showing a couple of different roles and their descriptions (with no clear reference to the role I would supposedly be interviewed for)
2. Invitation letter - a pretty formal/official looking letter were I was invited to the interview in London at the Exxon Mobil oil and gas conference center - signed by Dr. Paul J. Galasso (Head of Recruitment), and a pretty fake ellipse like stamp, red, with the Exxon Mobil Oil and Gas London UK writing. The letter had a cool red faded background with EXXONMOBIL logo.
3. a 3rd document informing me that I need to work with a specific Travel agency "Crystal travels consultancy and tours emperor house, colliers green, cranbrook kent, TN172LS uk", with a certain consultant: Thomas Cuthbert and with the mention: " Please note that our official travelling Consultant will be handling your travel needs, including flight tickets, hotel reservations, visa procurement and transfers within UK. Also note that you will be responsible for your travel expenses and only travel expenses made through our travel agency will be refunded to you by EXXONMOBIL OIL UK, on arrival. This reason is to have a confirmation of your availability for the interview and show commitment in working with EXXONMOBIL.

This is clearly a fake offer, as no company would redirect you to pay for the travel expenses/tickets and so on, and then reimburse you upon arrival. They simply let you pay to their accounts and never see your money back.

Multiple complaints with same signs also here:

Nl
May 17, 2018

Comments

• Ab
      Jun 19, 2018

I have received the same exact e-mail with same names and information. They are claiming that I'm eligible for a project manager position, however I don't have any solid experience in that.

• Se
      Jun 19, 2018

I hava received too totally same content, only some person's names are different.
    I think it is related with a job application which is published by University of Wolverhampton in Linkedin, they publish and you apply with your CV then they have all details about you and send an email.
    I feel lucky not to send any fund.
    I have already reported this job ad to Linkedin, hope they could evalaute it and punish the company/people.

• Ah
      Sep 20, 2018

@Serhat Daldal I have received the same letter omg haha these guys feels we are stupid, , actually the email that they used is

[protected]@atsc-d.com

but the real one is
    exxonmobil [protected]@atsc-d.com

you can know that from Good too if you post the first one you will see and appears the wrong email they made similar one but with dash..

Thanks,
    regards to all

• Ha
      Jun 25, 2018

I received the same email.

It's totally fake

• Ga
      Sep 10, 2018

@Hamzah Alkhayrat I received the same email, thank you all for sharing your experience.

• Na
      Sep 11, 2018

So did I. I hope no more fake mail !!!

• Kh
      Sep 12, 2018

I have received the same exact e-mail with same names and information.

Has anyone relate this fake request with information or job ads on www.LinkedIn.com?

I applied for a job 10 days ago on www.LinkedIn.com with requirements match this fake e-mail received from ExxonMobil recruitment !!!

• Mo
      Sep 13, 2018

Hi all,

I have received basically the same email. I have checked it and I have seen that they sent either from TOTAL (with Crystal Travels Consultancy and Tours), or from EXXON with (City Breaks Travel Agency).

They both have same type of documents, same deposit (1162.72 £) requested via MoneyGram. It is definitely a scam.

The funny thing is that I received this email a couple of days after applying on LinkedIn. And it is not the first time this has happened. I assume LinkedIn is full of fake job posting. Therefore be careful and DO NOT SEND MONEY!!!

• Ra
      Oct 03, 2018

I have received the same email as well. it didn't seem right as they were asking to make travel arrangements through their specified travel agent only with an "Outlook" email. lol

• Ta
      Jan 03, 2019

Haha!!! I got the same nonsense and silly talk, they forgot that we are in the 21st century!!!

• Lu
      Mar 27, 2019

They have changed the name of the travel consultant: now it is Cambridge Travels Consultancy and Tours LTD, referent Mr. Jeffrey Pedersen, Visa Processing, Immigration and Booking Department. What sold them out in my case was the request of travel expenses in advance for the amount of £1, 184.45 to be paid on a MONEY GRAM or WESTERN UNION ACCOUNT. What [censored].

And yes, the travel consultants working on a Outlook email.

I hope this helps.

• Gi
      Apr 05, 2019

I have also applied for a job 10 days ago on www.LinkedIn.com for Exxon Mobile with requirements match this fake e-mail received from ExxonMobil recruitment !!!

So there will be some link between this linkedin job and the scam. I will try to warn Linkedin people.

In my case was the request of travel expenses in advance for the amount of £1, 184.45 to be paid on a MONEY GRAM or WESTERN UNION ACCOUNT.

Therefore be careful and DO NOT SEND MONEY!!!

Jun 21, 2019

Received the same offer and appointment letter without any interview done. Offer is too good to be true. And by the way, Dr. Paul J. Galasso who's incharge of hiring is also the same (bogus) Dr. Paul Jokowi of ExxonMobil Indonesia where I've got the offer. 🙄

• Da
      Jul 11, 2019

So this is fake/scam?

Your Qualification Is Found Suitable

This message was identified as spam. We'll delete it after 10 days. It's not spam
    Recruitment Unit
    Thu 11/07/2019 13:57
    Attn:

JOB SITE: Oilfield/Gas Exploration, Banyu Urip (East Java), Indonesia

Human Resources Department of ExxonMobil Cepu Limited is looking for qualified candidates that match in the following positions below for immediate employment:-

Production & Mechanical Equipment Maintenance
    Fire Fighting Technician
    Forklift Operators
    Drilling (Supervisors/Superintendents/Engineers)
    Welding (Inspectors/Engineers)
    QA QC (Inspectors/Engineers/Coordinators )
    E & I (Inspectors/Supervisors/Engineers)
    Completion Supervisors
    Document Controller
    Barge (Supervisors, Engineers)
    Store Supervisor
    Toolpushers
    Riggers ( Medics Inclusive)
    Mep Engineers
    Project (Engineers, Managers, Commissioners)
    Sales Representatives
    Heavy Equipment Mechanic
    Crane Operator
    Floorhand
    Warehouse Supervisor etc
    for our on-going oil and gas exploration projects in Banyu Urip, Indonesia. For immediate verification and screening, you are to submit your updated resume/CV through the email address below. Also, indicate;

Your Present Monthly Salary in USD:-