Expedia.com / refund on cancellation of ticket not issued
We have booked one adult and one child ticket from Hyderabad to Mumbai to Newark for 3 Aug by Air India. The itienary has been changed by Air India and the route has been changed to Hyderabad to Delhi to JFK for the same date. The ticket was cancelled with Air India on 30 July 2012. Air India says that we need to connect with Expedia since the ticket is booked through Expedia and Expedia says the other way. There have been multiple emails exchanged and there would be a standard responce similar to that as mentioned below:
Thank you for contacting us about updating the status of your refund for your flight.
We apologize for the delay in answering your e-mail. We are currently experiencing an extremely high volume of e-mail requests, preventing us from responding within our normal standards.
For your security, we must address your questions regarding your refund by phone with the Expedia account holder.
Please call the Expedia Customer Service Team at the numbers provided below at a suitable time. Please have your itinerary number and/or booking ID available when you call.
If this does not answer your question or solve your problem, feel free to reply to this message or call us at 1-800-EXPEDIA [protected]) or [protected] and reference case ID: S-[protected] (-- tampered case ID).
Thank you for choosing Expedia
We will do our best to respond to your inquiry within 24 hours.Please note we can not provide the following services over email:
* Booking, changing, or canceling reservations
* Refund requests
* Price quotes
* Urgent requests regarding travel within the next 5 days
Please call us for these requests at 1-800-EXPEDIA [protected]) or [protected] and reference the case number above.
When a call is made, the representative would put us on hold saying he/she would need to check with Air India and the line is cut after around 20 min, . They do not call back. We have had this experience on this case for atleast 10 times. We tried to loop expedia and air india customercare and it did not work either.
Today is 10/25 and nothing has materialized till date. We are not sure on how to tackle this is. Please advise, appreciate any kind of help in this regard.
More Expedia.com Complaints & Reviews
- Expedia - worst of all, very rude customer service people! 
- Expedia - non refundable 
- Ebookers - avoid! avoid! avoid!!! 
- Expedia / Vacation Waiver - beware & expedia vacation waiver& 
- Expedia - best price guarantee scam 
- Expedia - refund itinerary # 7343531174502 
- Expedia - expedia.com. sg ignores their own refund policy and cheats its customers
- Expedia - canceled flight
- Expedia - illegal business practices
- Expedia.com - my hotel was not booked, but I was charged