Expedia.com / expedia is a fraud and the public should be educated about its lies

I just recently booked a trip for my parents and their cousin (another couple) for Hawaii. They asked me to get them a vaction insurance in case anything happenned and they had to cancel.

As it turned out the father of one the passengers (my dad's cousin) passed on and the vacation had to be cancelled. Well I called expedia thinking that I can get fully reimbursed as I was lead to believe on the site. However unfortunately I was told otherwise. In the expedia webpage they mislead you and make you believe that when you buy the insurance you get your full money back, while in practice they only give you credit (up to one year) for the airline and only refund the hotel portion. My pleas to talk to managers and trying to explain the situation fell on deaf ears. The most I could get is they would reimburse only the money for the ticket of one of the passengers (the one whose father died) providing she could provide a death certificate (never mind that the guy passed on half a world away and the certificate would be in another langauge). I am so angry. What does expedia expect? Do they want the husband of the woman who has just lost her father half a world away to go on the vacation without her while she is grieving for her father or just get credit?. What about the other couple? Does expedia expect them to go on even though they are all related to each other and this is a family situation?? Especially considering they had bought insurance just in case this happenned. Expedia misleads its clients and lies to them. It gets even worse. When you are about to pay for your package expedia says you can "divide the cost" between two credit cards. Wouldnt that mean that the cost would be split in the middle?? Ofcourse what they never tell you is that the cost of the hotel is charged to one party's credit card and the other is charged for airfare which means one party gets reimbursed while the other party gets credit for 4 airiine tickets and no refund.

Expedia is a fraud and the public should be educated about its lies.

Va

Comments

• Ro
      5th of Feb, 2007

I was just booking a flight on Expedia and checked the travel insurance checkbox. However, the insurance did not come through in the final booking. I could not find a way to add it back so I called Expedia. I was told that I had to click a Reprice button rather than Continue button (I saw no indication on the site that is was required) and that now there was no way to add the insurance. Never mind that I just booked the trip. When I asked to talked to a supervisor the system hung up on me. When I called again, the second operator again transferred me somewhere where the system hung up on me. All I could learn was that I was not the only person calling with this complain.

• Su
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Expedia - Hotel stay
    MIAMI
    Florida

This hotel is truly the worst, I had to check out on my third day to another place to spend the rest of my vacation, I spent an additional 186.00 to stay some where else, plus an additional 100.00 for deposit.

This hotel should not be on any recommendation list EVER!!

A disappointed vacationer.

• Ju
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Expedia - flight

Very frustrated, had a round trip ticket. Lay away was a four hour flight out of the way. And then three hours back home. Tried to reschedule. Was told all tickets final. Tried calling Delta I was put on hold for an hour. I had to buy new tickets, and not use the others . I spent a thousand out of pocket. Expedia is the worst

• Mi

with in two minutes
    rude customer service

• Te
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Expedia - flight protection... expedia does not act in good faith

I needed to cancel one traveler, out of 2 and got a run around. I purchased flight protection, through Expedia, but they are not honoring it. It is still 3 days, prior to the travel date. See itin # 7335326116017

Terry Spring
    Policy 924868829

• As
      29th of Aug, 2018
    Expedia - account is blocked
    Ghana

just opened an account in Expedia 3 days ago
    got a 4 nights at Best Western Accra, Ghana

wanted to extend my stay and to keep record
    does not let me enter the account - tells e-mail or
    password not exist

can you find out whats going on?
    reconstruct it?

Assaf Lavitan
    zihor@walla.co.il
    00-972-53-4303354

• Gl
    Expedia - hotel cancellation
    Italy

I spent many hours trying to cancel a hotel booking, after being sent the confirmation for the wrong date.

The hotel told me that I could receive a credit for the money I paid but Expedia didn't sent them the cancellation as requested.

I will never use the service again.

• Em
    Expedia - hotel booking
    United Kingdom

Booked a hotel through Expedia. Turned out to be a homeless shelter (I wish I was kidding!)
    No help or refund, just lies over 3 different phone calls

• Ms
    Expedia - expedia

We purchased the premium trip insurance which states that we can cancel for any reason without penalty.
    That is a complete fabrication. Apparently the airline is not on board with the expedia Policy and in order to cancel there are charges.

Never Again!

• Ev
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Expedia - Refund for a flight
    expedia.com

I payed the flight from Moscow to Johannesburg via Expedia with a travel plan that I can get a refund in case of emergency - payed additional money for that.
    I could not go on the flight and I am now trying to get the money back for two weeks.

The itineraries #7373820404839 and #7373819517720.

Email back evgeniy@emailline.net

• Su
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Expedia - motel
    Hattiesburg
    Mississippi

I booked a room 2 weeks in advance at In Town Suites, in Hattiesburg Miss. only to show up at the motel on the day I reserved to find out that they didn't have any rooms. The desk clerk informed me that they no longer work with expedia..

• Be
    Expedia - itinerary 7300305275613
    San Antonio
    Texas

Travel dates October 20-24 2017 traveling fro. San Antonio. Texas To Washington DC, and we just wanted to stay an extra day and all this happened

Expedia - booking price

Went with a car flight bundle. When checked on rental cars independently, found I could save 20%. Canceled Expedia. Will no longer use since cannot trust prices.

• Ci
    Expedia - service
    Pleasanton, Califorinia

since Friday, 16/17 upon receiving my notification of change in flight. I have contacted Expedia over 5 times in a 5 day period with no resolution to my situation. I will never use or recommend to Expedia to anyone.

• Sh
      19th of Sep, 2018
    Expedia - replying to guest's review
    Uganda
    sheratonkampala.com

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am working at Sheraton Kampala Hotel, and I am responsible to reply to guest's review on Expedia. However, I am facing some difficulties in logging in. I cannot reset the password, and It does not take me to the page where I can reply.

Kindly, I need your assistance.

Best Regards,
    Yunes Alamodi

• Em
      14th of Oct, 2018
    Expedia - travel insurance
    STAMPS

I will never use your website again, as I believe I have been scammed by the so called travel insurance. I was unable to complete my travel plans due to a work emergency and when I filed a claim it was denied. I will recommend not using your service to anyone I have contact with.

Terri Dickson
    Travel Claim #UC81000249264

• Ha
      15th of Oct, 2018
    Expedia - car rental in san diego - aug 1, 2017 (itinerary # 7284626042237)
    San Diego
    California

I have rent a car in San Diego on Aug 1, 2017. I have been charged 300 USD. this is way above the number I reserved the car through Expedia. I would like you guys resolve this issue.

Thanks
    hamid

• Gr
      16th of Oct, 2018
    Expedia - receipt assistance
    Minneapolis, MinnesotaMPLS

I must cancel TWO of FOUR fully paid tickets. BOTH airlines have full records of tickets and payment. Expedia will not assist me without an itinerary #. I also have credit card payment records. I am fine with some sort of credit rather than cash.
    Mark J McGirl DELTA CONF # GN6XXO

SUNCOUNTRY Res # BGYVNF

• Mo
      27th of Oct, 2018
    Expedia - price guarantee

be aware this is fake only even they will not provide a reference number for your case then they will refer to other cases even though you have submitted the Itinerary number.

4th of Nov, 2018
    Expedia - agent aria fenty being rude

29.04
    The manager was rude. Did not help. Dissatisfied. Didn't help at all. Didn't event try to. Want her to apologize.