Escape To Paradise / Given the run around. Failed to sell Timeshare

1 Newport Beach, CA, United States Review updated:

As of 03/18/09 it has been a year and 1/2 since we had our time share listed with these scam artists. Phone call after phone call is either not responded to or we are told some one will call back, no one ever does.
We have spoken with one of the general managers who was very rude and when we request to speak to his supervisor we were told "your not getting past me".
We totally got caught in a scam. Their Better Business Bureau score is an F.

Comments

• Ka
      27th of Mar, 2009

Paradise Escape is a company to stay away from. Mr. Newman, is one of their sales people.He is a big blow fish. His sales pitch is, all about faith in the Lord, faith in God I do have, but people like him, I have no faith in. I wonder if he would like for someone to do what he did to my sister? He is a fraud the company is not much of a company that takes advanage of widows!!! I know now not to trust anyone, after all he called us, we DID NOT call HIM!!! So my advice to any one is stay away from this COMPANY !!! If it really is a company ever time I call them I get their answering machine or Mr. Newmans voice mail is always full. Or his server is not working. When you talk about getting your money back they get nasty on the phone, that is if you are lucky enough to talk to anyone. my name is Kathy J.

• Al
      2nd of Nov, 2009

I agree with everything you have said. This company, Escape to Paradise run by John &
    Melissa Hofferbert. It has had several different names & phone numbers. It is a scam. I have called numerous times with no help at all. Sometimes no answer, put on hold or told they would call back. They have never called back. Unfortunately there are many companies out there that make promises that they have NO intention of following threw
    with...I myself was foolish enough to actually give money to four different companies,
    hoping that at least one would come through for me. Been dealing with them since 2007
    and NO results yet. I don't have anyone to help me and no way of getting my money back.
    I'm in the same boat as you are Kathy~ Peace~ Alicia T. in SC

• Da
      2nd of Nov, 2009

Alicia you're right on! Evidently this company has taken our money and ran. I have left numerous telephone messages with no call backs. I doubt if they even exist any more. Anyone know how to get our money back from this shady company or any other of the scam tiemshare companies? I still get several telephone calls a week from companies wanting to sell my timeshare and asking for ridiculous up front fees...I just say no and they seem offended. Yeah, right! From David W in CA

• Ge
      8th of Mar, 2010

Escape to Paradise representatives pursued me more than two months in 2007, about selling my timeshare. Their phone calls were relentless and their sales pitch convincimg . In addition, I still have on my answering machine, urgent messages about "hits on the property" and that it needed to be listed immediately, so it could close and I could have the proceeds before Christmas 2007. I have FOUR of those voice messages from Joshua O'Brien and one from Melissa Hofferbert in October, 2007. After they got my money in October, 2007, it became impossible to speak with either Joshua or Melissa. A man named Daniel would answer Melissa's calls. Daniel rudely told me each time that he was Melissa's "personal assistant, " and that I could only talk with him because Melissa was busy. He would also say that Joshua was on the sales floor or not available for some reason.
    After several weeks of Daniel intercepting calls, I talked with the receptionist and asked her to pass the messages to Joshua and Melissa. She didn't know Joshua, ( ????? ) but said she would see Melisssa later that afternoon. Two days later, I called because I hadn't heard from Melissa. The receptionist assured me that she had personally given the message to Melissa. This was repeated several times over the next few weeks. After that, I faxed a few messages, but got no response. I sent emails, but got no reply. When I still didn't hear from either Joshua nor Melissa, I finally sent a postal, snail mail letter with a tracking number to Melissa. You guessed it, no response.
    I have a friend who has family about 15 miles from Newport Beach. While she was visiting her family in November 2008, she asked her adult son to phone Escape to Paradise to say he wanted to buy a timeshare. He gave every detail, except my name and timeshare unit number, in describing what he wanted to buy, with CASH. No one from Escape to Paradise has ever gotten back to him.
    In my opinion, they make their money by "listing" and never try to sell. Melissa and John Hofferbert also have, and have had, businesses in Florida. Some have been closed by the officials. They also have a "sister" Escape to Paradise company in Nevada.
    There are also unhappy people that have posted comments on /link removed/ about Escape to Paradise.