Era Stroman aka Stroman Realty / Better stay away from this company

A few years ago we were contacted by them to sell our time share. We had to scrape together the $499 to even try and get out from under the payments and annual dues. All contact with the company was initiated by me and it took a few years to sell, by that time we had lowered our asking price to the point that we took a loss on our taxes and even had to pay an additional amount of money just to get rid of the time share. We were so thankful to be out from under the financial burden.

Va

More Era Stroman aka Stroman Realty Complaints & Reviews

Comments

4th of Feb, 2008

We listed our Polo Towers timeshare with Stroman Realty since July 2006 and even after lowering our price to half of what she (Mary Brooks) said she can sell our timeshare still no offers. We also paid $499.00

• Ti
      6th of Feb, 2008

I agree 1000% no make that a million percent. I scrapped together the $500 too, about ten YEARS ago. I lowered my selling price to less than $500, just to see if anyone would buy it. As of today, I have yet to receive ONE offer in the entire time I've been with them. It was certainly an expensive lesson to learn that the "best and biggest" sellers are no different than anyone else - out to make a fast buck. My advice, say your money to make next years maint fee.

• Ya
      14th of Mar, 2008

Yep, good ol' Stroman. They didn't EXACTLY tell me that they could get me a particular price, but their slick rep told me that we'd set this great price, but that when my phone rang, I'd better answer it and be available to sign the paperwork and return it so that we could close the deal. I'm sure if I had taped the conversation, this snakeoil peddling company never told me they could get any particular price, but BOY did they imply that our price would have people begging to buy it.

Then each time I called Stroman afterward, they acted like they never heard of me. I asked for some examples of what they've sold other similar units for. They would NEVER give me a number. I said I understand that what they got for another unit doesn't mean that I'd get that much for my unit. But give me a number. NOPE, they wouldn't ever give me a number. So that's probably 6 years ago. I've dropped my price over and over, but nothing. They've never called; they never did anything. They took my "listing fee" and ran.

Avoid using Stroman!

• Be
      1st of Jul, 2008

We used Stroman and didn't get results for 2 years. When we did it ends up that the "buyer" of our Maui time share was an employee at Stroman. That was not disclosed to us and we were told that the buyer had done his due diligence and just knew the value of the property. His offer was half of what we paid for it. When i did finally get closing documents it was for a different buyer. They had bought it off E-bay for a thousand more than what the Stroman employee had offered and were charging us in addition to the listing fee another thousand for their commission and then the other buyer had to pay the closing fee's. There is something that really stinks about this company and I would love to have an attorney take a look at how they operate. I'm sure that something is wrong here.

13th of Nov, 2008

Funny, seems the writer of this original blog actually was able to sell their timeshare thru Stroman, but was upset because they took a loss from the original price? Any one expecting to sell a timeshare for a profit put WAY to much faith in the unlicenced-snakeoil peddling salesman that sold them the timeshare at the resort in the first place. Ever wonder why the resorts do not want you to think about your purchace before making it, but rather pressure you into buying today? Because they know timeshares do not appreciate and they want to avoid you shopping for a better deal than they can offer because they know they are out there! I have worked with Stroman on MANY deals and have had no problems, but of course I know that the idea of making a profit on a timeshare is absurd, who would pay more than what they could purchace the unit for at the resort?

• Lc
      19th of Feb, 2009

DID YOU WORK WITH OR DO YOU WORK FOR THEM? The complaintant lost money and paid additional fees on top of that just to get rid of the headache. We spoke with Patti and she stated they advertised online, but most of their sales came from advertisements in publications, magazines and personal sales. A few months after our agreement and payment, I asked to see any of these publications in which she advertised. None could be produced and she claimed they didn't have the money to advertise in them. WTF was I paying for? When I checked the website ad it was as plain and generic as an ad could get. So was the ad she placed for a week in England, which she was to collect $200 if she sold it. We would have had to go as low as that to sell it and she knew it, which she later admitted. By the way, that week was in Dec. '08 and the ad is still on the website! Now that's what I call no service. I could have placed ads on craigslist, backpage, ebay and other websites and gotten more exposure than I got with this company. I knpw the market has taken a dive since we listed with them and knew I'd be lucky to get 50 percent of the timeshare's value. However, I expected a little service for what we paid, which has yet to happen. It's unfortunate they aren't in Florida, cause we would definitely take legal action. The laws in Texas are more laxed and getting them for dishonest tactics is much harder.

• Gh
      3rd of Aug, 2009

I've had our timeshare listed with Rii Stroman since July 3, 2007. I've had no contact initiated by them at all from this company since that date. I was told that I would be contact whenever they received an offer for my timeshare. To date that has not happened. It would seem that they just took my money and made no attempt to actually sell the timeshare

• Ar
      25th of Aug, 2009

Very true... once you buy a time share your stuck with it... until you die

26th of Aug, 2009

I have bought and sold timeshares with Stroman for many years with great success. All of the agents are licensed Realtors and provide outstanding service. In my opinion, no other timeshare resale broker does a better job. I guess Stroman's many years of experience is what I value most. This complaint is unfortunate especially due to the fact that the property did get sold by Stroman. Isn't 1 of the most common complaints when selling your home or any other real estate usually that it took longer than you wanted to sell?

• Bn
      4th of Nov, 2009

We have two timeshares, one in Orlando and one in Hawaii, that we PAID $600.00 to Stroman to list and SELL our property. That was one year ago. We never heard from anyone at Stroman after the got our money and repeated calls to them and the listing agent were never returned. We have since spoken to other timeshare realty companies and were given this piece of advice. NEVER< NEVER pay any upfront money to anyone that tries to sell your timeshare. Stroman is not a reputable company and I would never recommend them to anyone. We feel swindled out of our money and got nothing for the money we sent them. It is easy to promise results but this company is really bad in delivering results. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH STROMAN REALTY.

• Bu
      12th of Jan, 2010

So anyone know of a reputable company to sell your timeshare??

• Un
      26th of Jan, 2010

we should get a class action lawsuit against this company

• Re
      26th of Feb, 2010

I worked for Stroman for a couple of months. The emphasis there is on listing timeshares rather than selling them. They have an enormous backlog of timeshares for every property and continue to take the $599 advertising fee from people who are have already been stung from the loss of buying the timeshare and paying the annual maintenance fees. Many of the salespeople are for Stroman are liars or, at best, they rationalize participating in the scam. The real estate commission or attorney general should shut them down or at the very least, make them provide disclosure of resale data on how often and for how much these timeshares are being resold. If you read this wondering if you should do business with Stroman, my advice would be to hold on to your money. I'm not disgruntled. I wasn't fired. I could have stayed there, if my conscience would have let me.

• Ou
      4th of May, 2010

stroman is a ripoff and like others maket pro time share time share mega media, pluss i imagine thousands all rip off they take your money and never hear anything from them, even when you lower the amount you lower your selling amount still nothing . MY ADVICE DON'T PAY THEM ANYTHING LET THEM TAKE A COMMISION OUT OF THE SALE ! THANKS CARL MCCLAIN

3rd of Dec, 2010

wow, I love the internet!!! I was called by Stroman rep, he was good. He was so smooth I was ready to give him my credit card # right there; it sounded to good to be true, you know what they say, sounds too good it probably is!! Now I get too call him back, ask him how he can do this for a living & feel good about himself. I hope others check comments so this doesn't happen to them..

• Ou
      21st of Jan, 2011

JUST SAY NO - - to Era Stroman. We fell for the same trap the majority of the posts have shared. We paid the $499 over15 years ago - - yeah, a LONG time ago. We've never had one offer. After about five years of slowly dropping it, we put it up for $500. Still, never had one offer. It was a complete and total loss of $499 with tons of stress and frustration trying to keep contact w/them, lowering the "bid / offer", etc. As a few have written - you're stuck with the timeshare for life - sadly.

29th of Jan, 2011

Thanks guys, for posting your compaints.I used them to decide whether I would use Stroman to sell my timeshare.
    I definitly will not be.

• Sw
      10th of Feb, 2011

I'm another one who got stung by Stroman. I've been trying to call for the last two days and the phone rings and rings until it goes dead. I've navigated thru the voicemail maze by telling them I wanted to buy a timeshare, I got through immediately to a live body. But to my dismay, she transferred me once I told her what I needed and again it rang and rang and no one answered. I'm afraid I'm out my $599, expensive lesson to learn. We've had ours up for sale now for a year, I've tried to find our ad on the internet and cannot. Additionaly it's not listed in their so called inventory of Marriott Maui Ocean Club properties for sale. We didn't expect to sell it quick, we know the market, however our price is below market value and still not a single inquiry.

• Du
      14th of May, 2011

Buying a time share is the worst investment especially if it is not a resale. If you paid $12000 for a unit expect to get $2000 3000 for it. We are in a world recesion. If you have a bad week expect less.

• Cb
      23rd of Jun, 2011

WE PAID THEM ALSO ABOUT 4 YRS AGO FOR A WONDERFUL PLACE IN VEGAS BY THE MOUNTAINS. I JUST DON'T FLY ANYMORE. SO, IT WAS TIME TO SELL. DROPPED THE PRICE ONCE. NOW I LIVE IN THE SAME CITY AS STROMAN AND I AM GOING OVER THERE. I DO AGREE THAT THE ATTORNEY GENERAL SHOULD GET INVOLVED .
    MILLIONS ARE MADE AND NOTHING IS SOLD !!!