ER Solutions / U.S. Cellular Collections / Extremely rude collection practices!

800 SW 39th St.Renton, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-444-8485
I had a U.S. Cellular account go into collections. I knew it would ultimately go to collections, which is fine, I had some bad customer service with U.S. Cellular after years of contracts with them, which I deemed unfair. But that's another story. ER Solutions is now making attempts to collect this debt. This started in early December. I have had about 80% extremely rude collections people call me, but today's really topped it off.

Some girl (forgot her name, but without being politically incorrect, let's just say a girl of Mexican heritage, and judging by the dialog, from the inner city), calls me at work today and before I can even say one word, launches into a spiel about how she has 2 kids and no boyfriend or husband and a job, and how she could pay a debt with no problem. She called me "ridiculous" and tried to further demean me after I told her I would be paying $25 towards the debt today, which I believe she called "worthless." I wasn't able to understand some of the other comments she was attempting to make. After telling me numerous times that she was "sick of your excuses" (which is funny, cuz this is the first time I've spoken to this particular person), she hung up on me.

I've explained to every person I've talked with that all of my money is currently being paid to hospitals, doctor's, and specialists, to keep my son (who was born 3 months pre-mature) alive. Which the absolute truth.

I know I can't do much about this. I have called and spoke with a manager at ER Solutions, but he seemed to just be humoring me by listening to my complaint (which was only that the above mentioned girl was extremely rude, and please don't have her call me anymore).

I googled the company and the 2nd and 3rd search results were these complaint boards, so I thought I would post my experience.

Thanks,
Brad.
Br

Comments

Do
  17th of Feb, 2008
Same experience with this company. Rude man repeatedly called me at work. Demeaning and obnoxious. Said I was in denial about my credit situation. Supervisor was unconcerned with his phone manners. When I did pay the debt, it was not reported to credit bureaus for ayear. When I wantedd to add a line to my phone service, the same debt came back. It took a month to get a confirmation letter from ERS. By that time I had already repaid the bill to Cingular,so I could get a phone for my Father.
Ru
  30th of Jul, 2008
My experience with ERS has to do with a college dept. I couldn't make a payment on it and talked to the accounts manager at the college about how I had to pay for my clutch to be rebuilt. I offered to take in the receipt for the work done from the mechanic shop and she said no need to because I called and spoke with her instead of just skipping it. I also offered to make a double payment the following month because I was recieving enough work to do so. She said that would be great.

Well, 7 days later I get a very rude phone call from an ERS rep and he was supposedly the head of the College Loans department of ERS Collections. He flat out told me if I don't pay off my bill to them (ERS) by that day that my $375.71 left on my bill would become a total of $1500.00 and that they would put a judgement on me to be able to take it out of my paychecks. He didn't even give me a chance to answer that yes this is Russell.

I told him to go ahead and try it that I am self employed (the truth) and un liscensed because in my state, I don't have to be if I make under a certain amount in one quarter; Yes, I pay my taxes.

Then he got even more beligerent with me when I asked him for a certified mailed copy of there harassment policies. By Federal Law they have to provide you with a certified copy if asked. If they do not provide one then you can counter sue. Well, he hung up on me and then called me back and told me if I wanted a certified copy then I would have to pay off my bill and hung up on me again.

After googling ERS Collections, I went to there website and the head of that department isn't even a male. It is a female. So, I am thinking about calling back and asking her for a certified copy of there policies regarding people who owe and asking her why I haven't even recieved a letter from them letting me know that my account has been referred to them. Yes, no letter just a phone call out of the blue.

ER Solutions Logo ER Solutions