E.Excel International Inc. / Recieved check asking me to deposit it into my account and call when it clears to recieve the rest of my money by UPS delivery

1 9957 South Jordan GatewaySandy, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 514-575-6480

I recieved a letter in the mail telling me I had won $57, 000.00 through Readers Digest, Publishers Clearing house, Online Sweepstakes, Internet Games, ect. A check for $3, 988.95 was in the letter. It said that the amount of this check covered both the administrative taxes and clearance fees of my winnings. (Whatever that means).
Along with the check was a number to call to activate the check. When I called they told me to deposit the check into my account and then call them back when the check clears and they will send me the rest of my winnings by UPS and that I will have to have two forms of identification to recieve the check.
I have not deposited the check and I just want to know if this is a scam or what. I would like an email response to this telling me what to do.

Comments

Jl
  8th of Oct, 2008

yes is a scam don't do it..

Ba
  8th of Oct, 2008

It's a scam. Stay far away. They are trying to get your bank account info. You would never have to jump through all those hoops to win a legitimate prize.