Easy Saver Rewards Proflowers.com / Fraud

1 4501 Forbes Blvd.Lanham, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-355-1837

When ordering flowers through Proflowers.com there was a box that stated the order qualified for FREE SHIPPING. When you click on the continue button it takes you to a page to sign-up for Easy Saver Rewards, even IF you do NOT sign-up, Easy Saver Rewards starts billing you $14.95/month for Membership Services.

I immediately escaped back to the Proflowers site and completed my order, and made sure that I was being charged for shipping to verify that I had NOT inadvertently accepted FREE SHIPPING.

IF they actually believed I had ACCEPTED a Membership, they should have provided FREE SHIPPING, but they didn't.

I think a Class Action Lawsuit should be filed.

Comments

• St
      9th of Sep, 2008

I was scammed by ProFlowers & Easy Saver also. The Director of Marketing at ProFlowers contacted me after I posted a blog entry about my experience. Honestly, I am surprise they're still scamming...but they are.

You can contact the Federal Trade Commission at this link. I suppose if enough scammed consumers contact them, this practice will be stopped. Here's the link to the FTC https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

• Lo
      26th of Sep, 2008

I am so happy that I found this site. I too have been charge $14.95 per month after ordering flowers from PROflowers for my mom in May. I'm furious. I'm calling the number on Monday. I can't believe this company.

• Cr
      19th of Nov, 2008

I too was ripped off by Proflowers. I have been charged $14.95 for the last 9 months. I know I was stupid not to check the charges on my credit card. My cheap flowers have cost me $135.00

• Bo
      4th of Mar, 2009

The characterization of your experience as a "rip off" could not be further from the truth. I have investigated your claims and actually ordered flowers from ProFlowers. It is impossible to get "accidentally" signed up for Easy Saver Rewards. In order for you to get signed up, you have to (voluntarily) click on the link, enter your email address and zip code. The terms and conditions are extremely clear and easy to understand...that is, if you can read. It's a pity that you blame your lack of ability (or desire) to read on someone else and then further slander a legitimate business for it. Take responsibility for your own choices!

14th of Mar, 2009

I was also ripped off after ordering flowers through Proflowers by "somehow" becoming a member of easysaverrewards.com. Funny bob421 how it is "impossible to get accidentally signed up when so many are reporting just that. What kind of "investigation" did you actually do?? It's your lack of acknwledgement that there is actually a problem here that is so disconcerting. A legitimate business would put safeguards in place to keep anything like this from happening in the first place. I order online all the time and the truly legitimate business's out there do just that.

• Al
      12th of Apr, 2009

same experience with this proflowers site firs i was charged with $90.00 for nothing and $14.95 each month.

• Ed
      14th of Apr, 2009

Scammed as well. I do tens of thousands of dollars each year in business over the internet with many different vendors. Proflowers is the only company with which I have had this lousy experience. I had canceled out of the $15 coupon when I realized what it was, and still I get covertly signed up for Easy Saver. Not cool. Yes, maybe there was some warning somewhere regarding this, but it is still a sneaky business practice, and is in my opinion, unethical. To Proflowers: You turned what was the pleasant experience of buying my wife flowers for valentines day, into a sour transaction. Do not ever expect my business in the future.

• Pe
      6th of May, 2009

Bob421, you are wrong and obviously work for the company since you have copied and pasted the same response all over the internet.
    Proflowers is part of this scam, how else did Easysaver get my Paypal info? When I went into my PayPal to see who had privey to recurring charges on my account, it wasn't Easysaver... it was Proflowers! Explain that to me.
    Also I never got any email from Easysaver with an account number so I can cancel my "membership". You call the 800 number and need this account number to talk to someone, yet it doesn't exist.
    Some fair business practice you got there, huh Bobbo?

• Mi
      8th of Jun, 2009

It is a scam and i have just now (06/2009) noticed the $14.95 charge and have now discovered it has been happening since 12/2007! I obviously today do not remember the links I did or did not click or the supposed "welcome email" that was sent to me after my purchase. I called the 1800 number and the operator said I signed up for a 30 day free trial for a discount on my next purchase but the "membership" continued if I did not CALL to cancel it. I have had the same email since then and have not received any continuous emails or anything that would allow me to unsubscribe. The terms were extremely sneaky considering I was under the impression I would receive $15 off my next purchase, not be charged $15 a month until I CALLED to cancel. The rep refunded the last 2 months but does nothing for the $300 over the last 19 months. As for Bob421, i order off the internet all the time and have sent flowers through other companies and have never encountered anything like this. It is a scam and I do agree with peepaw in that you must work for the company! If you dont and did in fact try to order and saw the "membership" we are all talking about you would of course find it, but for those who are not intentionally looking for it I highly doubt it would be as obvious as you claim it to be.

• Ee
      27th of Mar, 2010

this is absolute ###. Ive been getting charged for 6 months... absolute ### scam.

• Op
      18th of Apr, 2010

Ok, so I see all of you are complaining about the Easy Saver rewards. As someone who knows about this stuff, you have to enter your information in the computer a l0ng with your credit card number to sign up for this. So instead of blaming proflowers admit your mistake, they are more than happy to refund you if you in fact did not want to be part of this program. It is not a scam, easy saver works with other companies too, and there is a pop up right after an order or links about free shipping and what not. But if you read the terms and conditions then you all would know that it was indeed your fault not the fault of proflowers. Proflowers doesn't have n e thing to do with the easy saver rewards, they don't have n e thing to do with how it's advertised, it takes you to a completely different webpage when you click on it, and Easy Saver is merely just offering free shipping with proflowers if you sign up for their program. So stop ### and realize it's the fault of either easy saver or you. Unless all you ppl just want money because you CLAIM you have been scammed.