Dri*element5.com / Unexplained Credit Charges

Sweden Review updated:
4.55
Yesterday [Oct 31, 2008] I noticed TWO entries on my credit account! The only identification was DRI*ELEMENT5.COM. Not having made any purchases on this card [putting me over credit limit, with fees & increased interest rate] I knew this had to be a fraud. Immediately contacted Credit company, cancelled card, but was told if charges were legitimate they would still be applied. Tried the web address of DRI*ELEMENT5.COM and was re-directed to a search engine with hits such as this site. "Must defiantly be a Fraud!", but how can that be with months, years of complaints? Finally tried just ELEMENT5.COM and discovered they are a order processing company for various internet companies. Page allows you to put in e-mail address and last four digits of card number, then you are logged in to your "account".

PCTOOLS.COM was the real aggressor in my case. On Nov 19, 2007, I had PURCHASED (my registration e-mail says so), Registry Mechanic and Spyware Doctor. These were billed thru DRI*ELEMENT5.COM and I never questioned these charges because I had made this purchase. I used the software for a while, but then "strange" things started happening to my computer (other programs not working, changes to settings) due to changes in my registery. I deleated these PCTOOLS software, and wrote it off as a bad investmenbt. Now the billing (once I found it) shows this as a subscription service self renewing EVERY YEAR!!

BUYER BEWARE PCTOOLS is junk software that lures you in thru "free trial" that "identifies" problems, but then requires you to BUY the software before "fixing" the problems. but really causing others! Now to add insult, NO "legalized theft" to injury, call a purchase, a subscription (their website disclosure alludes to IF this program is a subscription but not that it is) They say you can cancel at anytime, but they will only refund for the first 30 days

Comments

Ca
  9th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
A year ago I purchased the SpyWare Doctor software which was supposed to be a one-time purchase and much to my dismay I checked my account online this morning to only witness a 39.95 charge being posted to my account which I will of course be disputing however I also had to take the next precautionary measure of cancelling my card and I will now have to wait 7-10 business days to obtain my new card. Not for nothing 39.95 may not be alot of money to some, however for this single mom living paycheck to paycheck it's quite substantial and now due to the above article I read I will also be uninstalling the software from my computer as soon as I get home!! This is just unbelievable!!! Thanks for nothing PCTOOLS.COM!!
Al
  17th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
contact details on how to reverse charge here

Ca
  22nd of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I expeiernced the same as the rest called the company and demanded my money back!
I will be deleting PC Tools from my lap top, and encourage anyone who has it to do the same!

Contact Information for the Company:
Customer Service: (800) 406-4966
If you can not get through on that line try one of these numbers:
(952) 646-5022 or (952) 646-5064.
Their hours of operation at from 8 AM to 7 PM CST
Br
  19th of Aug, 2009
I just saw a charge by DRI*ElEMENT5.com for $ 127.00. Even though I did not recognize this company the amount was the same amount as what I had paid for AVG software update. I went back and checked my email comfirmations for the AVG purchase and did see that the order was processed by Element 5. So I guess I am ok.