Dr. George Kimmerling / Dr. George Kimmerling - pervert!

United States Review updated:
I went to Dr. George Kimmerling several years ago because I had symptoms of low thyroid - he is an endocrinologist. Not only is he a bad endocrinologist - he didn't figure out my thyroid problem (I did myself with 2 hours of research on the internet). But what he did to me haunted me for years. He told me to take off the gown so that my breasts were fully exposed when he was just listening to my heartbeat. Even gynecologists and cardiologists don't do that! There was no reason for him to be looking at my breasts other than the fact that he is a dirty old man. Then, he wanted me to take my pants down so he could give me a shot in my butt. I was near the table so I took my pants down and lay on the table. But he told me to walk over to him on the other side of the room instead of him coming over to me. So with my pants down I had the humiliation of walking over to him, and again, there was no reason for this other than for him to get a good look. He is a disgusting man and a bad doctor - beware!

N  1st of Oct, 2007 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
You are such a ###. I see your stupid comments all over this board. Don't you understand the power that doctor's have over you, when you are in their office and they have you naked and they are telling you what to do? I was a young woman and I felt intimidated by him. HE is the one you should be making negative comments about, not me.
D  1st of Nov, 2007 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
So, you think because a doctor has you in his exam room and asks you to undress that he is a "dirty old man"? Did he touch you inappropriately? Did he make any inappropriate comments? No? Well, it sounds like he was being a thorough doctor! If you have a problem with your own body being exposed to a HIGHLY ETHICAL physician, then that's your own problem - don't get online and create these serious allegations implying that he was getting his rocks off watching you walk across a freaking exam-room floor to get a shot in the butt!

Also, good job on diagnosing yourself through the internet! Idiot.
N  6th of Nov, 2007 by
What he did WAS inappropriate. Doctors don't need to see your breasts to listen to your heartbeat. Every other doctor I have been to, including cardiologists and gynecologists, listened to my heartbeat while I was discreetly covered. Kimmerling stared right at my breasts the whole time. And there was no reason for him to tell me to walk across the room naked to him when I was on the exam table. He should have come over to me. I got a sick feeling when this guy did this to me, and I was traumatized for years afterwards. That never happened with any other doctor. They guy is a dirty old man and I bet you either are him or someone in his office trying to protect him.
N  6th of Nov, 2007 by
And by the way, my diagnosis about my thyroid condition turned out to be right. Something Kimmerling couldn't figure out.
A  9th of Jan, 2008 by
If it made her feel uncomfortable, then it was probably inappropriate behavior. I've been to many doctors and the one and ONLY time I was fully exposed was when a full breast exam was being conducted. If there was no breast exam performed then she should have never had her robe open. Period.

Don't let it traumatize you! It could have been worse. Glad it wasn't.
D  10th of Jan, 2008 by
Dear A. Victim,

Dr. George Kimmerling saved my life. I was under thirty at the time and I knew something was wrong with me. I couldn't walk up a flight of steps and I felt that I was dying. I went to 10 different doctors and they said that I was fine. Dr. Kimmerling was the only doctor that listened to me and discovered my thyroid cancer. He always was the most upright, caring doctor and always had time to fit me into his schedule. I believe that I was able to become pregnant due to his excellent care. It is very sad to hear your comments...I know I owe this man my life.
N  11th of Jan, 2008 by
Well that's nice that he saved your life, but that doesn't negate what he did to me.
D  30th of Mar, 2008 by
If you have a problem with something your physician is asking you to do, then tell him. There is no easier way to avoid embarrasment with a doctor than being completely frank with him/her.

While I can't speak to the character or skills of Dr. Kimmerling, searching google for him reveals overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients which discredit your judgments of the situation. Doctors who act inappropriately with patients are almost always repeat offenders, which this man clearly isn't. I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

On a side note there are a great number of injections that necessitate the use of injections into one's buttocks, and it was probably safer and easier to have you walk over to where he was rather than him carry everything to you. Also, you could have easily put your pants/underwear back on before you walked across the room and then dropped trou at him.
N  1st of May, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This is a bunch of crap. First of all, it took me almost 20 years before I decided to post this about what Kimmerling did to me. There could be lots of victims who just didn't want to post about it. Second, you mention nothing about him exposing my breasts and staring at them for no reason. Third, he had a syringe in his hand - he couldn't walk over and inject me? Like Shannon said above, if he made me feel uncomfortable it was inappropriate behavior. It is hard to describe his manner and his expressions and his tone of voice when all this was taking place, but believe me, this was not a kindly doctor being a professional. This was a pervert getting his kicks out of seeing me exposed and humiliated.
N  2nd of Oct, 2008 by
To "A Doctor": there was no reason he could not walk over to me where I was lying on the exam table other than the fact that he wanted to humiliate me and have me walk over exposed. Do you realize how stupid it would be for me to get up, put on my pants, walk over to him, take off my pants? This is not even close to normal procedure. Doctors don't watch patients getting undressed, and they don't even watch patients get dressed after they are examined. Any decent doctor gives the patient privacy to get dressed and undressed, but you are trying to make excuses for this pervert. I know doctors always stick together and back each other other no matter what, but your argument is laughable.
N  2nd of Oct, 2008 by
PS. In addition to what I said above, even if I did get up, put my pants on, walk over to him, take my pants off, that would still be exposing me far more than if he just walked over to me like any normal doctor would. Any way you cut it, no normal doctor causes this kind of embarrassment to patients. Most doctors try to make their patients feel as comfortable as possible and keep them covered as much as possible. Kimmerling did the opposite to me. And even if both his hands were full - and they were not - if he had to make two trips over to me, that's what he should have done. The "doctor's" argument above is absurd.
D  11th of Nov, 2008 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I call bull. There is no way that a thyroid condition can't be diagnosed through blood tests, uptakes and scans. My guess? You're overweight and were hoping that you might have hypothyroidism or hashimoto's so that you could blame your weight gain on something other than your calorie intake.

What is your self-diagnosis? Do your labs back this up? What was your TSH? T3? T4? Antibodies?

Additionally, if he couldn't give you a diagnosis, what was the reason he gave you a shot?
D  21st of Nov, 2008 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
What a horrible thing to say about Dr. Kimmerly. He has been my doctor for over 15 years and he's wonderful. He has never done anything appropriate with me, or even a hint of anything. How dare you?
N  5th of Dec, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
To A. Non Victim - you're a ###. And for your info, I weigh 107lbs. And to Nattie, you are an idiot also. So do you think that just because he didn't do this to you that he didn't do it to others? Does someone have to molest all women before they can believed to have molested anyone? That is ridiculous. How dare YOU????
N  3rd of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
So 'several years ago' suddenly becomes a couple decades ago? And yet you call him a dirty old man. I know Dr. Kimmerling, and 20 years ago he would have been in his early 40's. Hardly an old man. Also, 20 years ago THERE WAS NO INTERNET FOR YOU TO RESEARCH YOUR 'CONDITION'.

Liars like you make me sick.
D  3rd of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I just left Dr. Kimmerlings office today and I have been a patient of his for about 5 years now. I weigh about 109 and am 5 feet tall, but used to weigh 92 pounds when I was first diagnosed with Graves disease by Dr. Kimmerling. I can recall my first examination with him and many other visits. He is thorough and professional. It's pretty impossible to do self diagnosis through the internet if your not an Endronologist! Hello? I agree with youmakemesick, from several years ago...to now 20 years ago...
when did you really last see him? Unless your some hot model that thinks your all that and a bag of chips, he's a doctor doing his job. He has to examine you. Did he ask you to wear a gown?
I wore a gown and he had to open up the front to put the stethescope on my heart which was beating 92 beats at a resting heart rate - too fast making me hyperthyroid. What is your self diagnosis ?- (Ms. Self Proclaimed Thyroid Guru.)
I never received any shots to my ###. What was the shot for? Did you ask him? He's pretty good about telling his patients what he's doing and explaining why he's doing it. He's THOROUGH, quick and to the point. He doesn't have time to spare to ogle at patients.
He has never made me feel uncomfortable and I know that I'm a decent looking chick. 32C, 25 waist and 34 hip. Youthful Filipina.
He has never looked at me like a tasty lumpia treat. He is no way a dirty old man.
So instead of calling everyone else a "###" or "idiot" because obviously your deflecting any of their questions and not answering them. You don't have your story straight and details are everything.
You in fact are "THE ###".
A  4th of Oct, 2009 by
Doctor Perverts! UUhhhhh. Sicko's. I am so sick of having Doctor's 'come on' to me. It is unbelievable. And it's ridiculous. To think they can get away with what they do, and the ###s on here defending them. Good F'ing God People!!!
D  16th of Nov, 2009 by
Dr. Kimmerling is the best doctor I've ever had.
When I couldn't walk with a ruptured disk, he made sure I was well taken care of and guided my care and recovery.
I was quite sad when he could no longer see me because he was changing his practice to 100% endocrinology rather internist. For 10 years since, I have not been able to replace him.
N  16th of Jan, 2010 by
EmCee- just because he doesn't molest all patients doesn't mean he didn't molest some of them. And to youmakemesick, I never said I did the research 20 years ago. I did it 5 years ago, and in less than 2 hours I figured out something Kimmerling couldn't figure out, and I've never been to medical school.
D  12th of Mar, 2010 by
A Victim (ha!), how large was the exam room in which he saw you? Well, I've been in his exam rooms, and they're around 8 feet by 5 feet in dimensions AT THE MOST. That means, if what you are claiming is true, that you had to ". . .walk over to him on the other side of the room instead of him coming over to me" within a room this small that includes a full-sized exam table, chairs and medical table as well. So I call bullcrap to this extremely irresponsible claim that he somehow was responsible for making you uncomfortable.

Also, you claim that he was unable to make a diagnosis of a condition which you claim to have after searching the internet for less than two hours. Let me get this straight - between this visit with Kimmerling for your undiagnosed thyroid condition and your brilliant sleuthing on the internet to find a diagnosis (without bloodwork), you spent FIFTEEN YEARS still apparently suffering from your condition? What did you do then, order some thyroid medications from India, Mexico, or China to treat the problem you discovered with laser-like precision? On the internet?

I also find it very telling about your intellect that you make these retorts to people who challenge your very serious claims - accusing them that they must work for Kimmerling, or that another doctor is defending him because they must be thick as theives, or calling others "idiots". Yes, you are a victim - in your head - and you can't look at yourself and see what was wrong with the way you feel, but instead have to libel someone because, of course, it has to be someone else's fault.