DollyHair.com

5339 Bevis Ave
Sherman Oaks, California
Phone: 818-784-8462
dollyhair.com
I purchased over $300 on dollyhair.com thru my paypal bank account. After 3 weeks had passed, with no shipments, I tried emailing and calling Kristina Amantula, the owner of Dolly Hair, and at first, no emails were returned. After I filed a paypal complaint- ( which was over a month since she got payment- therefor paypal wont give us our money back- I am out over $300) she then emailed us rude and arrogant emails, and threats. She never would provide a tracking #, and unfortunately as I did not use a credit card, and it was taken direct from my bank, paypal wont help. I have never encountered any such website with such poor service and such blatant fraud. I cant believe that she can continue to do business and that paypal allows her to keep her account. In the meantime the hair we needed we can no longer afford till next year, so my 10 yr old child's projects got put far behind on the back burner. And knowing she has my address and personal phone #, and having her email threats- even telling me her brother lived in my city and would 'handle this situation' if I continued to email her. I am a single mom, and this has become a situation which truly, is quite upsetting.
Complaint comments Comments (21) Complaint country United States Complaint category E-Shopping

Comments

D  30th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
You are definately a liar. I've done business with Tina in the past and she is nothing but kind, helpful, and a delight to work with. Why don't you go defame someone else.
D  12th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Thanks for your faith in me, Dave. Yes, this complaint is completely false. It was posted by someone who owns a website from which I made a purchase. A month went by and I had not yet received the items that I ordered, so I contested the charges on my credit card when the statement arrived. This angered the website owner, and she sent me many vulgar and insulting e-mails. To add insult to injury, she decided to post false stories about me all over the internet after she discovered that I own Dollyhair.com. She and I have since called a truce, so I'm not going to say what website she owns or what her name is, but let me assure everyone who reads this complaint that there is absolutely no truth to it whatsoever. The complaint was posted under a fictitious name, and I have never had a customer named Lusy who placed a $300 order.

Futhermore, my brother lives in GERMANY, so there really wouldn't be any way that he could come to anyone's house in the United States to "handle a situation".

I worked in customer service for many years before starting Dollyhair.com, and I pride myself on the fact that I treat my customers well and go the extra mile to make them happy. If a customer's order gets lost in the mail, I always re-ship it at my own expense to make sure that the customer receives what they pay for. The complaint above was written purely as an attempt to libel me. What is surprising to me is that this person and I called a truce long ago, so either she is NOT maintaining her end of the truce since this complaint was written so recently, OR https://www.complaintsboard.com copied and pasted one of her old complaints because they're in cahoots with one of those "online reputation management" companies who try to extort thousands of dollars out of people in return for fixing their online reputations. For now, I am giving this person with whom I called a truce the benefit of the doubt, and I am assuming that the situation is the latter. I contacted her and asked her whether or not she posted the complaint on her own, so we'll see what she says.

But regardless of anything, the complaint above has absolutely no truth to it whatsoever.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Tina
D  13th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
My name is Lusy, and I posted this. I work with many reputation managment companies. I am a freelace ### artiste. I post things like this all day. Its what I get paid for. Onto the next job! Thanks all! And Tina- call us! We can repair your reputation, really! Lusy
N  1st of Apr, 2009 by    -1 Votes
Hey Tina,

I am glad I saw this complaints board, and that you reacted to these accusations made about your website.
Earlier this morning I was looking at your website again and saw on google a site /link removed/ where nasty things were said about you. This was very shocking to me!

I live in South Africa and last year around October/November I bought some beautifull acetate hair from you to reroot one of my Barbie's. I received the package within 2 weeks of purchase, and you even threw in a free perfume balm for me. I was very pleased with your wonderful products!

I just hope that these people writing around on the web don't do any more damage to your business and your image.

Thank you for a wonderful service and product!

Regards

A sattisfied South African
D  17th of Dec, 2009 by    -2 Votes
This is an outright LIE!!! I've purchased doll hair from Tina before, & I recieved PROMPT, FAST, & FRIENDLY service! The items I bought were of high quality & in PERFECT condition, not to mention I recieved my order within a few days! Whoever is posting these nasty & slanderous complaints is full of ### & should be ashamed for putting this woman through hell!

- Kate from NJ
N  6th of Dec, 2012 by    +2 Votes
I placed an order with dollyhair.com and never received my order. Upon multiple attempts to obtain a tracking number and order status after two weeks with no parcel, I did not get a response. Ironically, before I placed my order, I emailed Tina with a question about an item and got a quick, friendly response. Now that she has my money, I have gotten nowhere. Maybe there are "happy customers" out there, but I am very disappointed in the lack of customer service that she has delivered. If anyone out there is considering doing business with this company, I would think twice.

Pissed off in Illinois
A  11th of Dec, 2012 by    +1 Votes
@Pissed off in Illinois

You know what, it is so funny that you posted on December 6, 2012 because I am dealing with the SAME EXACT PROBLEM!! I made an order in November and STILL have not received my order.
I do not live in the best of neighborhoods, so the way the businesses are ran here are pretty crappy. The postal offices in my area are lazy and never really put forth the effort to make their customers happy. So when I reported that my package was possible lost, they did nothing about it. But I had a feeling that maybe it was Tina's fault that I never received my package. I was a first time customer and whether it got lost or she never sent it, this will be my last time ordering. It is a shame that I ordered doll hair from a company in the freakin' UK and they sent the package promptly and had good service! I understand that Tina is running this business alone and I tried to be patient and understanding but I feel cheated and I am pissed off. I received a tracking number and everything from Stamps.com and NO PACKAGE OR DELIVERY MAN CAME. In fact, my address wasn't even in the postal office system for making a delivery! What is that all about?!
A  11th of Dec, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Sadly, I have to agree with all these posts I have seen. I was a customer of dollyhair.com for years. I never had a problem until this past March. Luckily mine was only for $12, but I would have liked the item and was patient enough to wait and never filed a paypal dispute. I knew she had a baby, but after writing on 3 different emails and one I just simply asked R you still active as a business? and she replied yes and then I wrote her about my missing item and she asked to see my paypal statement and when it was. I never heard back from her. I assumed maybe I went to spam folder, but then I tried diff email for first time with same information and then did not get a response. I saw these comments and realized, I probably wont be seeing my item and am not alone. She actually used to run a business really well and I was always greeted nicely and pleasantly. Not sure what happened. I dont know what is going on in her life. this saddens me reading all these comments...There is so many now and the doll community is all talking on livejournal, etsy, my little pony trading post. Theres too many people I know that are honest people saying they didnt receive orders and I feel bad that I just directed one of my customers to the site for hair because they may lose their money and blame me now.

/link removed/

/link removed/

N  16th of Dec, 2012 by    +1 Votes
In the past, I often buy synthetic hair from dollyhair.com. The shipping was always very slow but the goods arrived safely in my country, Indonesia. On November 3, 2012 I made ​​a purchase from dollyhair.com as $37.5 USD. But till now, the goods are never reached. I sent an e-mail to Tina on November 19, and she had replied on November 22, said that the package had been sent, and she asked me to be patience. But until December 8, the package has not come yet. I re-sent an e-mail to Tina inquire about my purchase but till today no replies. I was disappointed and won't buy again from dollyhair.com.
A  17th of Dec, 2012 by    +1 Votes
looks like i've been caught as well. Placed an order of 26th November, and have heard nothing, went to look on the website to find an email address - to find that she's not going to be answering emails as trying to get back up to date. How does she know my order made weeks ago has not arrived, if I can't contact her????
really worried now, don't want to leave it too late to try and claim the money back - now what do I do???
A  17th of May, 2013 by    +2 Votes
Same story here - I ordered mohair and it never arrived. After a month I asked for an update. She curtly responded to be patient. I waited awhile longer, then told her to refund the money. She also claims on her website to ship within 24 hrs, but I have ordered from her many times, and that's never been the case. Just not very reliable, and it appears from all I've read only, a bit of a nasty personality.
N  17th of Nov, 2013 by    +1 Votes
I was thinking about getting some hair from dollyhair, but after seeing these comments i will look other place. I would rather be safe than sorry.
A  3rd of Mar, 2015 by    +2 Votes
Much scarier to me is the Aryan Unity forums Tina posts on.

Um, white power?? Come on now. She posts under velaria@aol.com.
N  9th of Jun, 2015 by    +3 Votes
Tina's REAL feelings about her customers...

House prices here are astronomical, and sure, I could scrape together all of my money and buy a house in Bel Air or Beverly Hills, but those areas are all filled with Jews. I could decide to remain in California because the climate is so nice, and I could decide to live in a less affluent area, but then I'll be living among the blacks and Mexicans.

D  29th of Aug, 2015 by    -2 Votes
Tina from Dollyhair here. Those last comments are especially libelous and hurtful toward me. Never did I post anything on an Aryan unity forum. Ever. I bet that Lusy, the person who filed the original complaint on me on this forum, also posted on an Aryan Unity forum pretending to be me. Or would you believe that just because the person is named Tina and happens to live in the same city where I live, it's me? It's not me, and that's a stupid assumption. I don't need to be robbed by these reputation management companies just to clear my name, do I? In 2012, Dollyhair had some problems. I went through a terrible divorce with a physically violent sociopath, and answering customers' emails was the last thing on my mind at a time when I feared for my life. Sorry, but that does not make me or Dollyhair terrible, or racist, or anything else that people want to throw at me because they're mad about the fact that I couldn't answer emails. It just doesn't. Dollyhair has been running smoothly and beautifully for three years now, and it will remain that way.
N  17th of Oct, 2015 by    0 Votes
Tina,

If you didn't post those racist messages, please explain this picture with YOUR email address on it. It's also funny how your profile on StormFront is no longer clickable. Hmmmm, who might have changed that recently??

Thanks!

A  4th of Feb, 2016 by     Best Advice +4 Votes
Two weeks after I placed my order and it still has not even been shipped. I've received two e-mails, with tracking numbers, but when I go to the USPS website, they tell me they have not even received the package yet. Tina responded to my first e-mail, but has ignored all e-mails after that.
N  5th of Aug, 2016 by    +3 Votes
Wow, i was so excited about ordering hair from here, i follow her on Instagram... Im deleting and will probably go with the Angela simmons collection, thanks for the heads up everyone.
A  10th of Feb, 2017 by    +2 Votes
My belief, based on Tina's apparent writings on white power board StormFront, is that she doesn't likely care to deal with minorities. As is her right, I suppose, she was pretty clear about creating a neighborhood where house would only. E sold to whites and people would only do business with whites. Maybe Tina is just that person who would do that. She's denied the postings are hers, but then why... is her name listed as Tina, in Van Nuys, with the email address velaria@aol.com. It was posted close to ten years ago, WAY before she had problems with some wig lady. She denies it, but it's clear, she doesn't seem to care for those whom are different. If she doesn't want to sell her home to you or do business with non-whites, it isn't a far stretch to imagine she ain't want to send them her doll hair. Again, totally her right. But then perhaps, perhaps she shouldn't accept their money. Seems like a lot of hurt people on here.
A  10th of Feb, 2017 by    +2 Votes
BTW, TINA AMANTULA, no one is calling you racist because your loser husband beat you. That's just you trying to garner sympathy. I think they're calling you racist based on the seemingly racist messages you appeared to post some years ago with your name, city, email address, and ohhhh, obviously your color. This has nothing at all to do with you not responding to emails. I saw elsewhere that you blamed an incompetent assistant. Well, I guess you've got blame for just about anyone, except yourself. If you're gonna be racist, just own it and move on with it.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree