The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

Division of Family Services / Child Support

1 505 Washington AveSt Louis, MO, United States Review updated:
Contact information:
Phone: 314-340-4778

I am Not being Treated fairly by the Division of Family Services nor the state of Missouri. I had back childsupport due that I filed file bancruptcy to pay back. None of the payments that were made during the bancruptcy are being accepted by the DFS. They in essence are trying to make me pay an amount twice as they claim that they have no proof that the payments made were for child support, when I have provided them with verifiable proof. they are stealing my tax refunds, my stimulous refunds, and not once, have I received any type of balance, payments made, no amounts, no communication from the DFS. They continue to take an extra amount out of my paycheck above my regular child support and tell me nothing about how much I owe, and as I feel, how much I DON'T owe at this point. Noone wants to listen. DFS has a "Do Not Care" attitude and they refuse to check into the matter. All they do is look at the information that I submit and tell me, this doesn't prove anything. I assumed that court records are pretty official, but they do not think so, nor do they attempt to find out. This is a travesty being commited on me. I feel as though I'm being raped by the State and by the DFS. And I wish someone would do something about it it. Does anyone care about the crimes being commited by the system against people who try to do the right thing but end up being punished for it? This makes no sense. Someone PLEASE Help Me.

Sort by: UpDate | Rating


  • Ir
      7th of Aug, 2008
    0 Votes bureacratic thugs. I've paid faithfully for over 19 years. One payment missed, lost in mail, and they PUT A LIEN on my house. Officially recorded it, over a $1300 child support payment.

    As a taxpayer I'm surprised and angry. They spent a grand or more when all they had to do was make a phone call to me. And thank god I'm not trying to get a loan or a credit card, that would have scuttled that.

    Mind-numbingly mean and inefficient.

  • Ji
      27th of Nov, 2008
    0 Votes

    total bull crap.I have a son who is disabled, has had 3 heart attacks and they have a warrent to produce for not paying the theiving guardian at litems.They did nothing that they are supposed to do and he has no income.The judges and lawyers only care about dollars not people.

  • Go
      23rd of May, 2009
    0 Votes

    Missouri is currently stealing tax refunds in the name of child support collection on a child support order that is over 15 years old, paid faithfully (never late or mssing payments), designated to another state for jurisdiction (Missouri has NO jurisdiction), and has ENDED! The child support ended a year ago. This is all court documented and properly filed with everyone's sugnatures. Not only do they NOT have jurisdiction, but there are NO COURT ORDERS existing for child support. At this point they are STEALING money.

  • Lm
      16th of Oct, 2011
    0 Votes

    My husband is in that exact same boat as you, His ex-wife has brought hell and all it's deciples from the Missouri DFS w/her. He is currently sitting in Jail in Cali. for all this Gov't assisted extortion that the St. of Missouri has bestowed upon us. These people will not even bother to consider the 86K he has paid her over the years. The Laws have got to change. I am a mother of two and I cannot believe the laws are this slanted. They open a door for all angry, and hateful women out there to just annihilate an ex because she feel's wronged. This ### has to stop!

  • My
      12th of Feb, 2013
    0 Votes

    I understand and agree with you all. My ex lied on her affidavit, I can prove she lied and I am told DSS/CS will no longer answer my questions. I had requested a copy of my file and they have refused that also. You might want to contact NCP Force for help.

  • Sp
      5th of Apr, 2013
    0 Votes

    Family Services works for their own paycheck, they care about no one. I have a court order that states that I overpaid my child support amount, , yet they refuse to acknowledge it. A woman from Family Services in Jeff city was in court to argue her point, but the judge ruled in my favor. I still haven't received it after many years. To date I still pay child support, even though my daughter receives none of it. My daughter is away at school and she has her own apartment. My daughter pays all her bills herself. If I want my child support to go to my daughter, my only option is to go to court to modify it.. Court is such a waste of time and money with very little ever being accomplished.

  • Ey
      2nd of Jun, 2013
    0 Votes

    All complaints against Division of Family services childrens division should also be sent to Attorney Generals Office file a consumer complaint and grievance with

  • Cl
      31st of Dec, 2015
    +1 Votes

    I am reading all of these comments and cannot understand why it is the opposite for my grand kids. Their father at first paid $700 or more a month voluntary child support. Then slowly started paying less. He asked my daughter not to go but she went to child support enforcement to start proceedings. He stopped paying altogether for awhile, then started givingher $100 dollars a week or so. Still nothing was done s0 she kept waiting, was told they were working on it. She waited and waited some more. Finally she heard they were going to garnish. She was to receieve over $800 a month based on his wages. Then, she waited and waited again. He stopped giving her anything, wages not garnished. It has been over 6 months now. Still nothing. Then he tells her they tried to garnish but his HR stopped it. She contacted them again; still nothing is done. In the mean time, he is making plans to move to New Mexico as soon as he files taxes. Next she got an affadavit to sign for the canceled checks she had previously received. She promptly signed and sent this back. She had already offered them the copies anyway. And now, she is waiting yet again. She has asked him if nothing else to just go buy the kids what they need if he would just do that. He refuses. He says he has no money. He clears more than $800 a week and often more and has minimal bills and rent. She works full time, brings home less then half of what he does on a weekly basis and supports three kids with no help. Period. She tried for food stamps and received notice she makes $2.00 a month too much to qualify. I am receiving social security and having to help feed them because she has nothing left to do so. They have outgrown some clothes, need shoes, and he will not help. With anything. I don't understand how this can possibly be happening? This is unacceptible and shouldn't be tolerated. I am definitely sending a complaint.

  • Mi
      23rd of Apr, 2016
    +1 Votes

    Missouri has not done crap for me. They say they can't find my ex but he is living here in missouri

  • Mi
      23rd of Apr, 2016
    +1 Votes

    Misoouri has done nothing for me. They don't care. I am owed 25, 000 and my ex lives here in Missouri and they keep saying he lives somewhere else.

  • Jj
      16th of May, 2016
    0 Votes

    How can a county courthouse find and serve my deadbeat ex over 15000 in arrears with disabled children, for criminal DWI charges and they cant find him to serve him for the cs enforcement order? I found this info online, cant they see the same on their database? I have talked, written, and emailed senators, governers, DA's but no one gives a damn. He has NOT paid a penny since 2013. I need help getting justice for my children. It is unfair they go without so he can live a singles lifestyle and not think twice about them. He doesnt even inform child support services of his phone number or addresses. Im sure we will never see a dime but he made these children too and he should be held accountable for his actions. If the shoe was on the other foot my ### would be rotting in jail. If anyone has any contact information that could help my family please leave a comment. Thank and God Bless

  • An
      27th of Sep, 2016
    0 Votes

    Omg..I'm so frustrated at the way st Charles division of family soul violators treat people. I've been calling since March and still waiting for a reply over my grandson's well being... the first thing they do is separate entire family from the good ones . they psychology mess these kids mind's up.. they've treated my grandson's worse than I could in ten lifetimes..dear God. Please help all those under these soul takers so called care...Amen..

  • Mo
      17th of Mar, 2017
    0 Votes

    They have caused more trouble for my kids' dad and me than we ever had in 20 yrs of marriage. I pay him. If you are the non-custodial parent, you MUST have something wrong with you and are automatically treated like CRAP. I've cried and had more anguish w/him than he ever gave me.

Post your comment