David Foyil Attorney / Unethical dishonest attorney

1 18 Bryson DriveSutter Creek, CA, United States Review updated:

David Foyil is without question one of the most dishonest, corrupt, and incompetent attorneys in the state of California.

He is known to bill for work never done and meetings that never took place.

Several clients are already filing Bar complaints.

If this attorney or his family has victimized you, you do have recourse. File a bar complaint it costs nothing and there is a remote chance you will get satisfaction. At a minimum you may help get this guy disbarred and prevent him from putting the screws to other honest people.

David Foyil and His wife Louanne Foyil (AKA Janell Couch) and his Mother Janice Foyil will try pass themselves off as "Born Again" Christians in order to gain thier victim's trust.

Comments

• Do
      30th of Jan, 2009

I disagree the most dishonest, corrupt and incompetent attorney in the state of california in my opinion is Ellen Mendelson. This loser took her 10 hour full payment upfront from our friend and did NO work whatsoever. She prepared one draft filled with errors and incorrect facts. She failed to prepare a letter as agreed upon and now refuses to return the clients's money. She claims her agreement says no refunds on retainers and advance payments.

• Le
      10th of Jul, 2010

Take a look at www.legaljusticecorp.com

and sign up on Facebook as a group member.

The numbers are growing!!

• Wh
      31st of Oct, 2015

All the above info is lies. Don't believe everything on the internet. It could happen to you. You have no protection from a liar. You can lock up a thief, but a liar is free to ruin you with their lies.

• Be
      12th of Jan, 2016

I don't always agree with things written on the internet but I wanted to share my experience and hopefully help someone avoid the mistakes I made.

I found myself in need of legal help. I met with David Foyil and discussed my issues. He told me he could help me and after giving him a check for retaining his services he went to work drawing up legal documents and letters to the opposing attorney. We were in court quickly for our first appearance. David did not seem very comfortable in court and was not familiar with court procedures, (at the time I didn't think much about it because he was always reassuring me things were going well). We received a trial date within 45 days of the initial appearance. I again assumed it was that simple and we would be back to resolve the case in 45 days. Shortly after the initial hearing David began sending numerous documents to the other attorney and drafting legal documents. Whenever I asked about all of the documents he would tell me it was part of the process. The number of documents generated were overwhelming. I started receiving billing statements from David and found my initial deposit to him and been burned through quickly. David was generous enough to allow me to start making payments. The 45 days was almost up when David told me he was asking to postpone the hearing so he could have more time to work on the case. I reluctantly agreed but again wrongly assumed he had my best interests. This cycle went on for several months as my bill continued to grow. I saw no progress in my case and was starting to question his abilities. On the advice of a friend I consulted another attorney. I brought many of the documents prepared by Mr. Foyil's office to the other attorney for review. The attorney reviewed the documents and discussed the case with him. I could tell he was reluctant to say anything negative but he did finally tell me that many of the documents and work done by Mr. Foyil's office was excessive and unnecessary for my case. The attorney said he was embarrassed by the work and apologized on behalf of honest attorneys. The excessive work was clearly created so they could run my bill up. A quickly resolved case doesn't produce much money, even if it is against the clients best interest.

Well here I am 8 months after my initial consultation with David Foyil and in debt to him for services that appear to not have been necessary and my case is still not done. I have decided to cut my losses and replace him with another attorney.

I learned my lesson the hard way. Please don't fall victim to dishonest attorneys. Seek second opinions.