Dairy Queen Bloomington / Normal, IL / rudeness of establishment

United States, Illinois, Normal Review updated:
Dairy Queen
1528 E College Ave
Phone: 309-454-5850
The following a copy of the letter I have forwarded to dairy queen's Corporate Office as well as the Owner and District Manager for our area.

Tonight my fiancee and I visited the location located on College Ave. in Normal, IL. We went through the drive through and requested the 4 for $5.00 deal with 2 hot dogs, a strawberry sunday, onion rings. We also added a chicken wrap and a butterfinger blizzard extra. When we arrived at the pickup window, the associate handed us our bag. We noticed that there were no hotdogs included in the bag. When we questioned this, the associate was very rude and called over another associate who called us liers and told us that we never ordered any hotdogs. At this point I asked her to call her manager. She refused to at first and told us that we didn't pay for any hot dogs and that we were not going to get them at all. Again I asked the associate for a manager and she refused. She once again started arguing and at that point I stopped her and said, I asked you for a manager, not an excuse from you now get me your manager.

Finally about 3 minutes later a manager came to the window. I explained to her that I am not questioning if I was charged or not, but I told her that I had a problem 1. with the fact that I was refused a manager when I requested one, and 2. that the associates at her establishment were not accurate and I asked if it was their policy to argue about the accuracy or their order taking. At this point she got very rude with me and told me that we would have to pull back around the building. I told her that it was not our fault that her staff couldn't complete an accurate order and that I should not have to waste my time going to the back of the line for them to correct a mistake that they made. She then told me that she would bring the hotdogs to our car...in 3-5 minutes. Also she was going to make us still drive around, or come inside to have my card charged a 2nd time. This is the worst customer service I have ever receieved and I was very offended when the manager came to the window and started yelling at us when we didn't do anything at all. It made me even more upset when she tried making excuses about the lack of competence in her establishment by blameing it on the fact that she had 3 new people and that she had people call in because of the weather (which it was 60 degrees out and sunny this afternoon). I at this point requested a refund which was refused to me.

Again, it's not my fault that they couldn't provide the training necessary to run (might I add) a very very easy job.

I am requesting that my charge be removed from my card and that this establishment be re-trained to provide better customer service to us. My fiancee was in tears because of how poorly we were treated and we will not be returning to ANY dairy queens again.

I expect a response if you truely care about your customers.

Gary Stewart

N  28th of Apr, 2011 by
Your "not another sour one" comment was unnecessary. Of course they aren't going to give you another sour one, they found the problem.
N  16th of Jan, 2014 by
Mr. Stewart,
I work at said Dairy Queen, and we haven't had a female manager at the location for almost two years. I would hope you would reconsider visiting our location and giving us another try. I feel we now have highly trained employees and easy to work with managers that would properly serve you. Just a thought.

Dairy Queen Logo Dairy Queen