Cubicjewelry.com / Will not make good on their promised products

1 611Wilshire Blvd Ste #700Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-401-4578

I was given a CZ engagement ring on December 21, 2008. On January 7, 2009 I returned the ring to the company for repair. A side stone had fallen out and the center stone was loose. I received the ring back on Jan 31 (well over the promised repair time). The center stone is now pushed down into the prong setting and crooked and the side stone that had fallen out has fallen out again.
I have called and emailed so many times and no one will return my calls and all emails from the company tell me they are waiting to hear what can be done with the ring.
I have not received a satisfactory response.

Comments

• Ke
      19th of Feb, 2009

I totally agree with Nicole. I, too, have been getting the run-a-round from cubicjewelry.com. In fact, here is a copy of the last email I sent to them trying to resolve an issue.

Reference: order# 77573717

I am writing one last time to try and resolve this transaction with your company. If I do not receive a response within 24 hours of this email I will file dispute paperwork with my credit card company to recover the money you charged to my credit card.

On Jan. 21, 2009 I placed my order, paying the extra $69.00 for the guarantee rush service (3 day manufacture time +overnight priority delivery), meaning I should have received the order by Jan. 27, 2009 at the latest. I did not receive the order on the 27th, however, my credit card was charged $391.00 on that date. According to your own website "We Do not charge your credit card until the day we ship it!". I emailed your company on the 27th inquiring about the order and was told that my ordered had not shipped and that it will be another 2 day but that I should have it by the end of the week. Still...nothing. I emailed again on Jan. 30th and received no reply. On Feb. 3, 2009 I emailed again and received a response saying that I would receive a refund of $44 since I was charged for guaranteed rush and did not receive it. I was never told the status of my order even though I had inquired about that. I never did, and still haven't, received the $44 refund. Finally, on Feb. 9, 2009, at 10:47 am CST, I emailed your office and cancelled my order and requested a complete refund of the $391 charged to my credit card. I also followed up by sending a certified letter in the mail canceling the order because after several attempts to talk to someone in your office I never did get through to anyone. Even though I cancelled the order in the early morning you filled out shipping paperwork at 7:35pm Pacific Time but the actual shipment did not go out until Feb. 11th. (Documented via UPSP website). Someone did call me mid-afternoon on the 11th telling me my shipment would go out that day and I did tell her not to send it that I had cancelled the order 2 days ago. I was told to just send the package back when I received it. I contacted my local Postmaster and gave her all this information and the package was refused and returned to sender; which your office did receive on Feb. 17th and it was signed for by L. Diaz (also, verified by the post office). I emailed you yesterday (Feb 18th) inquiring about the status of the refund and haven't heard back from anyone.

As it stands now, this order was cancelled 10 days ago...and I still have not received a refund. I understand that you shipped the ring (although that wasn't my fault) and needed to get it back but you have had the package for 2 days now. As I have stated to you before, I have contacted my credit card to dispute the charges you charged to my credit card because I am getting nothing but the run a round from your company. I have received the paperwork from them to officially file the dispute. If I do not receive a full refund of $391.00 within 24 hours of this email (which will be 2:00pm Pacific Time on Feb. 20, 2009) I will send the paperwork to the credit card company and you will have to deal with them. Please do not respond back that it takes 7-10 days to get a refund, in this case, that is unacceptable. You charge my credit card on Jan 27th and didn't ship anything until the Feb 11th even though your website clearly states you don't charge until you ship...I am pretty sure that boarders on fraud.

Just so you are aware, I am sending a copy of this email along with all the other documentation I have to my credit card company.

23rd of Feb, 2009

Happy!

• Ro
      30th of Mar, 2009

This company is a disaster, The " customer service" is horrible they are very unpolite not to mentioned unprofessional. I had a terrible experience with this company i will never ever buy from them or referrer any friends. I found this great site chic jewelry they have great customer service and they will not give you the run around and the most important, they will make sure you are a satisfied customer. Dont waste your time with rip off people.

• Jj
      4th of Aug, 2009

I can not tell you how much this company sucks. I ordered from them on July 22nd. They told me I would receive the ring on July 28th. I called several times to try and find out when I will receive it. I continually get the response that it is going to be shipped tomorrow. I have yet to receive it and it is now the 4th of August and they said it will be another two days. I ask to speak to the manager and they avoid me. I can not believe that people are so incredibly uncapable of doing what they say they are going to do. I still have yet to receive the ring and now I am concerned that it is not going to be what I want or that it will not be assempled properly.

Do not do business with them.

• Mi
      21st of Dec, 2009

What ever you do, stay away from this company!!! I ordered a ring and then cancelled my order before it even shipped. They STILL took out the money from my credit card and have NOT refunded the money to me!!! It has been a month. I have no ring and lost my money. No one will talk to me from this company. I have been hung up on and given the run around continuously!! I have also sent 2 emails and the company has yet to respond to them. Please don't make the same mistake!!! These people are SCAM ARTISTS!!!

• Df
      29th of Mar, 2010

I totally agree with all the above. My husband and I paid over 1000.00 for a bridal set and matching grooms band. It was supposed to be 14K gold and was stamped as such. After about a month the engagement ring started to turn, so I took it to my jeweler and found out it was worthless junk. I was guarranteed a refund, have been promised that the money will be back on my credit card two serparate times, but still NO money. These people are crooks and I'm not only going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of California, I'm notifying the LAPD, and will file charges against the company...this is a felony where I come from and I'm not going to stop until I get my money back. I'm about to become this companies worst nightmare.

• Sl
      23rd of May, 2010

We purchased two rings just to have stones fall out and we found that the rings are cast in cheap dull grey pot metal. That's right NOT GOLD AT ALL but marked 14K fraudulently. I think this should warrant jail time. They stamp their fake rings 14K and only electroplate over the pot metal. I want an attorney to contact me so I can sue. I have lost a great deal more than the $800.00 spent on these rings.

• Sh
      1st of Jul, 2010

I purchased three rings from cubicjewelry.com this past 2 years. I must agree cusrtomer service sucks! But all the jewelry i have from this company is amazing! I took it to my jeweler local in town to see what i got and he said the jewelry was 14 karat gold and the stones quality were amazing. Also during this past year the stones fell out on one of my rings so i had to send it back. The problem i had was it took them 4 weeks for my ring to get it back and when i emailed them and call them they said they have alot of orders need to catch up and they were sorry for the delay. I understand what they mean and i am repeat customer i will be coming back to shop with them. Thank you guys for letting me share this comment...Sherry K.

• Cu
      7th of Jul, 2010

This is Howard from cubicjewelry.com. I am sorry for your bad experience BUT we are here to help. We have thousands of satisfied customers and due to high volume of orders sometime some emails are missed. Please email me for any REPAIR, EXCHANGE or REFUND WITHIN the retunr policy terms. Our customer satisfaction is 98% and we try to help every single customer but sometimes we are not perfect and we miss out some of out important customers. We are in same location past 11 years. Please email me anytime at howard@ejewelryservice.com and i will reply to your email right away. Please have your order numbers. Also please note due to high volume of orders, we have delays...Howard Johnson

• Em
      12th of Jul, 2010

Howard,

I have sent you at least 2 emails in the last 2 weeks and you have not responded to either. I went through hell last December '09 - February '10 trying to get your company to repairs my rings... your company had my rings for over a month before anyone even started the repairs. I spoke with you several times on the phone... you assured me that I would be happy with the repairs... and if I wasn't, to contact you for a full refund or replacement... After I got my rings back (2 months after I sent them to you) several of the repairs were NOT completed. I tried repeatedly to contact you with no such luck. NOW, guess what... the center stone has fallen out again!!! Imagine my fear of sending my rings back to you. Howard, I think your company/product has so much potential - it's your customer service that SUCKS!! Ask any business executive in a successful corporation and they will tell you... your product isn't worth a damn unless you can stand behind it... Speaking from experience, your customer service (Vidi) has repeatedly lied to me... was hateful and unprofessional. Your customers do not want to hear excuses for the delays... if you have such "high volume" then try staffing your company to accommodate that "high volume"...
    Howard, please check your email and let me know how we can resolve the latest issue.

19th of Jul, 2010

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. FRADULENT ACTIVITIES!!! I have also purchased a ring, one of the stones in the setting fell out after I only had the ring for 3 weeks. mind you I only wore it a handful of times on special occasions. I sent it to the company for repairs, my ring was returned to me with a stone still missing and additional damage near center stone. I called the company 15 minutes after I received the package and left a message. Never received a call back even though I requested one, only received a short unpolite email. Even though they failed to repair it and make good on their policies they "refuse" to issue a refund. I was told they had to forward my email to a manager, I never heard back even though I emailed several times. I also emailed this Howard character who claims to work for them, he never bothered responding to me either. I do not believe in the high volume excuse, why is there such a high volume of complaints? Its worth an investigation. I am filing a bbb complaint and have also called the attorney generals office and am looking into getting the information into the local media to alert customers, especially in this economy in which were all trying to make it. I feel this company has SCAMMED me, provided GROSSLY MISLEATING information on their website and from the start set out to KNOWINGLY DEFRAUD people. After all if that wasnt the case, any respectable company would issue me a refund. I am looking for others in this situation with this company in the last 2 years. I was told by the attorney generals to compile statements and facts. If you would like to forward your statement please email me for information Nina Sejan @ topnotchproperties@gmail.com . It is time we try to shut this company down and prevent future fraud from occuring, within our own borders at that. Also I would advize anyone in the area to get the company information and sue them!! I am very upset, I have never done business with a worst company.

19th of Jul, 2010

Continued from above, to save Howard some time if he bothers Order # 77576865 Invoice # 531993. I am not interested in repairs of this brand new piece of jewelry that shouldnt need repairs!!! Again your website sites highest quality if I read correctly. Only contact me with a return authorization number and a full refund. You can have your "quality" piece of jewelry back. I am ashamed by your business practices.

23rd of Jul, 2010

I ordered a set of rings from Cubicjewelry.com and returned them because the setting was awful although the side stones were bright. The middle stone kept getting cloudy and no matter how much I cleaned it, it just kept getting cloudy. The company does not have a customer service number where you can speak to a live person and the only communication is done via email. I have yet to receive a credit or refund of any kind which I'm told cant happen. They will exchange the rings but that was the only thing written in the email...no info on how to exchange, where to place the new order etc. They are lousy at communication and so far to date, I am out the money and the rings. They have both and with no concern as to settle this situation.

30th of Jul, 2010

I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (should have checked their website before ordering) against Cubicjewelry.com but they have yet to answer to the complaint. I work at a law firm in NYC and told my story to one of the top attorneys and she believes there is a case to be made against this disgusting firm. Hopefully with all of these testimonies and the ones made on trustlink.org plus BBB's comments, we'll be able to move forward and get this business out of business. On another note, if you want a dazzler for a cz, go to overstock.com. I just orderd a 2ct cushion solitaire and my goodness, it looks amazing and it cost less than $20.

• Cu
      16th of Aug, 2010

Attention all customers, please this is not a chatting blog! email me directly with any questons. I do need all the order numbers posted before i respond to any blog. As i promised the headline of this page Without order numbers i would not respond to anyone and i would also not respond people insulting me or putting our company down. You also see in this page top of this post i have been helping people sine 2006 every single customer I GAVE FULL REFUND 100% FOR ANY PROBLEM NO QUESTION ASKED! I STAISFIED EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER IN THIS PAGE BY GIVING FULL REFUND!OR EXCHANGING THE PRODUCT! PLEASE DO NOT COMPE BACK HERE TO WRITE NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS AFTER YOUR GOT YOUR REFUND. I WILL FORWARD ALL THE NEGATIVE INSULTS TO LEGAL DEPARTMENT. WE HAVE 98% SATISFIED CUSTOMERS AND WE CANT SATISFY EVERY SINGLE ONE! AND ALSO DUE TO HIGH VOLUME OF ORDERS ALL ORDERS ARE DELAYED, YOU MAY CANCEL YOUR ORDER ANYTIME 24 HOURS A DAY BY EMAILING ME. I WANT TO THANK TO THIS WEBSITE FOR HELPING ME TO REACH THE CUSTOMERS I CANT REACH DURING PURCHASE FROM OUR COMPANY.ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL ME HOWARD@EJEWELRYSERVICE.COM AND POST YOUR ORDER NUMBER HERE...HOWARD JOHNSON

19th of Oct, 2010

I purchased a wedding band and engagement pair from cubicjewelry.com Upon receipt it was "cheap" looking. Upon calling, i spoke with Viri in customers service. Note: I am not the normal customer as my profession is engineering, and I have had considerable training in conflict resolution. Also keep in mind my Fiancé is extremely picky – the jewelry did not look that bad to begin with. But she insisted it looked “cheap”. So INSTEAD of being angry like everybody on this post, I told Viri what I was looking for. And how what I received did not satisfy what I needed. My Fiancé’s need was to have something that looked super expensive. Viri fully understood, and said a craftsman on staff named Mike could make this happen. Viri also said it would cost more. So she gave me a quote & we proceeded. The bad is that it took a long time to get something custom made. We actually missed the wedding by 1 week. That was traumatic to say the lease. But a few days after the honey moon the ring arrived and WOW. She was floored, I was floored. It looks super perfect. Impeccable actually. So the fact is that cubicjewlry.com DOES have some amazing people working there. Viri answered the phone every time I called the 800 line. And Mike made a ring EXACTLY meeting my specifications. I am positive that no other team would have been able to produce such a INCREDIBLE ring. I posted their names so you will be able to have the same experience I had (but hopefully the first time around). Cheers!

• Co
      19th of Oct, 2010

OK thank goodness for the comment from johnanddeb! I was really starting to get worried. I just ordered a ring from this company on 10/16 and I placed the order with a 2 day delivery time. I was a little disappointed to find out that I had to wait an additional 14 days for processing. Non-the-less, I didnt have any issue with the customer service when I called to inquire about the status of my ring. They were polite and very professional. I am expecting to receive my ring towards the end of this month, hopefully it will arrive on time. I will post another blog when I receive it to share with you my experience. Stay tuned!

• Ka
      14th of Mar, 2011

Wow, I wish I had found this site BEFORE I ordered! My heart is so broke, I can't even tell you. I'm the one who talked my husband into trusting this company, and guess what, I was soooo wrong. The ring they sent me, after waiting 6-7wks. was such a piece of junk. I spent $700 for a wedding ring. I've had it for only 3-4wks. and the center stone fell out, they prongs are crooked, and it looks nothing like the ring in the picture. I wanted to invest in the gold instead of the diamond, and I got this thin band that has marks all over it and it is all gouged up on the inside where they set the stones. I'm am just sick about this. I guess I will send it back and hope for a refund. Do you think Howard will give me one? I highly doubt it! They told me to send it back, and they will fix it. I don't want it fixed, I just want my money back! I will post photos as soon as I can upload them. Katie B.

• Lo
      8th of Jun, 2011

I also wish i would have found this site before I ordered my ring.. I waited 6 weeks to recieve it and when i did recieve it the ring was not the right one so i exchanged it.. I waited another 6 weeks to ge the exchange and when i put the ring on for 2 days it turned my finger green. I sent it back to a final exchange because they said it had to be a defect and now i am 4 weeks waiting now..I am so glad I did not buy the platinum verson of this ring.. I know I will never get my money back with a company like this so i hope i at least get the ring !!

• Co
      5th of Nov, 2011

I wish, as well, that I would have found these complaints before ordering my engagement set. It took well over the time listed to get my set.
    I found out shortly before getting my set, that Zirconias.com(the site where I ordered my set) is the same thing as Cubic Jewelry.com !
    Before I ordered, I checked on Google to see if Zirconias.com had any bad reviews. but to my surprise I could not find any.
    It seems to me that they created Zirconias.com to continue selling their horrible product to unsuspecting shoppers,
    and to keep them from seeing the bad reviews for "Cubic Jewelry.com.
    Before I got it, I called them almost daily to check on the status of my order, and the woman continued to tell me that "its being checked for quality" or "its being polished and will be sent out today". Another week rolls by... I call again and the woman tells me "its being shipped out today". I had finally had enough. I had my boyfriend call them back, and the same woman answered, but this time she told him "it was shipped out yesterday". Come to find out, she flat out LIED! It clearly showed on the tracking information that the ring had been shipped THAT very day, not the day before.
    So, I FINALLY get my ring in the mail, and the quality, is just not there. First off, the center stone is loose, porous casting, air pockets visible inside of ring band, the sizing is inconsistent, there are scratches on the band...I can go on and on. They will be getting a call Monday morning, and I WILL be getting my money back. In this case, you DO NOT get what you pay for. I have seen better quality in a $25 dollar Walmart ring.