Cloncom.com / Automatic recharge on my credit card!

1 GA, United States Review updated:

I bought phone card for $10.00 online htt://www.concom.com. Card name "USA Saver" and I was told I had a 1400 minutes to call Zimbabwe. Once I dialed the # I was told 49mins. On top of that I received an email that my pin had been recharged from my credit card. Scamm. I never requested for a recharge, they just took money from my credit card without my consent. I am very disappointed but I will be filing a complain with FTC (Federal Trade Commission) This is pure daily light robbery.

This company needs to be removed.

Mp

More Cloncom.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Je
  24th of Nov, 2008

I had a similar experience with Clomcom. I bought a card for a freind of mine to call me from Brazil. I paid for 440 minutes and actually received only 40 minutes. I asked for an explanation and refund. After sending 7 e-mails and calling them 8 times over the course of a week, I was told that the rates vary depending from which city in Brazil the calls are placed. I did not receive a refund or a justifiable explanation. I paid 10 times the advertised rate and there is no information on their site or talking with their reps to indicate that the charges would be different from different cities. The customer service is worthless. This is crap and a total scam. Avoid this company. There are other options.

Fo
  19th of Dec, 2008

We recently purchased a Call North America calling card from Cloncom because of its advertised features. In the past 2 weeks we made 25 calls from Florida to British Columbia, Canada. The advertised rate is 2.4 cents per minute because we used their Toll Free number.

Call quality was fine.

The ability to access the call log on the internet is a great feature for the customer.

However, it allowed us to determine that we were overcharged on each and every call!

Cloncom has not adjusted the $$ balance on our card because "we are only the resellers for this product therefore you will have to wait for a reply from the providers of your card".

We have been waiting 2 weeks! BUY YOUR CALLING CARDS ELSEWHERE!

Os
  23rd of Mar, 2009

I have been recharging my cell phones and my neighbours' cell phones for a couple of years with Cloncom.com. Recently I made a recharge for my neighbour and the recharge didn't go through. Cloncom.com won't help with the issue, telling me to speak with the cell provider, and the cell phone company (Personal, Telecom Argentina) says to speak with the company who did the recharge. Customer service at Cloncom.com won't answer my emails anymore and their 800 number hangs up after making me wait and pay for an international call.

Na
  14th of May, 2009

I've used Cloncom for years, and they used to be a wonderful company. Their rates were excellent and I could reach them directly and quickly by phone. Today when I tried to use my card, an automated message said my account has expired - even though it says on the cloncom site that I have over $11 still on the card. I've sent emails and a fax and have had no reply. I wonder what happened - were they bought out?

Ja
  12th of Jul, 2009

Just like NaturalChild, I have $11 left on the card- according to Cloncom too! I tried using it today and all I get is "account has expired". I have tried calling their 1-800 but can't get ahold of a live person. So upset!!!

Na
  20th of Jul, 2009

I sent them a fax to 1 213 477 2178 and even though I didn't hear back, my card started working again.

Re recharge problems, be sure "auto recharge" is unchecked in your account.

Sp
  19th of Sep, 2009

Just today I was "auto charged" on my account. I have NEVER authorized auto payment on my card. I have never checked the "auto charge" tab. I last used my card 5 months ago as I was TDY and used it to call my family. The service was decent, although one of the numbers provided would frequently disconnect or not even connect through and still charge me for a phone call. And each call was charged for the first 3 minutes of the phone card, regardless if the call went through or not. I then found another number and it worked a little better.

I was considering using this card again on my next TDY/deployment but will never again use it due to this. I also will tell everyone I work with not to go through this shady business to buy calling cards.

Le
  18th of Oct, 2010

Please read the following from Cloncom terms and conditions (found at https://www.cloncom.com/terms_conditions.jsp?type=0) :

17. Jurisdiction and Governing Law
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Argentine Republic. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, or the validity, interpretation, scope or performance hereof, shall be referred to the ordinary courts in and for the City of Buenos Aires.

Th
  18th of Oct, 2010

Decision 07-12-060 Mailed 01/02/2008

BEFORE THE PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA

In the Matter of the Application of Clon Communications LLC, a Delaware Limited Liability Company, for a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity to Provide InterLATA and IntraLATA Telecommunications Service in California as a Switchless Reseller.

Application 06-12-029

(Filed December 21, 2006)

ORDER TO DISMISS FOR FAILURE TO PROSECUTE

Summary

Clon Communications LLC, a Delaware limited liability company, (Applicant) filed for registration as an interexchange carrier telephone corporation on December 21, 2006 By this decision, we dismiss the application for failure to prosecute.

Discussion

Communications Division staff has been unable to contact the applicant by telephone or e-mail since March 14, 2007. The Applicant has not contacted staff at all since its application was filed to inquire about the status of its application. On November 27, 2007, staff of the Communications Division faxed and sent by US Express mail a letter requesting information concerning the applicant. Applicant was warned that its application might be dismissed for failure to respond to staff inquiries by December 4, 2007.

Applicant did not respond to staff's November 27, 2007, written inquiry. The application should be dismissed for failure to prosecute.

Findings of Fact

1. Communications Division staff have made repeated attempts to contact applicant by telephone and e-mail since March 14, 2007.

2. Applicant has not contacted staff to inquire about the status of its application since the application was filed December 21, 2006.

3. Communications Division staff faxed and sent by US Express mail a letter on November 27, 2007, advising applicant that its application might be dismissed if the applicant did not contact staff by December 4, 2007.

4. Applicant failed to contact staff by December 4, 2007.

Conclusion of Law

1. The application should be dismissed without prejudice for failure to prosecute.

IT IS ORDERED that:

1. Applicant's request for a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity as an interexchange carrier telephone corporation is dismissed.

2. This proceeding is closed.

This order is effective today.

Dated December 19, 2007 at San Francisco, California.

/s/ PAUL CLANON

PAUL CLANON

Executive Director

Up
  29th of Jun, 2011

I just had the same situation happen to me! I received an email randomly, after not having used my calling card in 3 or 4 months, telling me my PIN had been automatically recharged and my credit card was charged $50. Sent email to customer support because a phone number was not listed on their website (very shady). Had to do an external google search for Cloncom support number. Called the number and had the rep refund my money (she admitted that the autocharge is the DEFAULT set on everyone's account and you must manually opt out of that feature---again, also very shady). I then checked my account online and saw that the $50 autocharge order had been cancelled but that the previous balance I had on my calling card prior to this whole fake autocharge incident had disappeared as well. I had about $19 left on my calling card, which was taken away somehow after cancelling the $50 autocharge that I never approved. They swindled me for every cent they could get, unbelievable. WORST INTERNATIONAL CALLING CARD COMPANY EVER.

Ja
  1st of Nov, 2011

Hi,
We are sorry about your experience. Please send us an e-mail to problems@cloncom.com and we will do our best to solve the inconvenience.
Thank you!
Cloncom Team

St
  22nd of Dec, 2013

I used clonom card to call Europe when in remote area of Austraila. Because I had some important calls to make from Australa at that time, calls that should not be interrupted, I had autorecharge enabled. After 6 months without using the card AT ALL (I was by then back in Europe) I got an email that it had been automatically recharged with 30 AUD. This is unreasonable, why would it be automatically recharged all of a sudden after not having been used at all for months?! I emailed customer support without receiving any reply.

Mi
  24th of Dec, 2014

I bought a $20 card but was not able to use the minutes because it turned out that Europe did not include Bulgaria--news to me. Nevertheless, I received an email from clone company every month which always stated that I have a balance of $20 and promoted other sales. When I contacted them recently for a refund, they told me that all these monthly emails were a mistake and that my card had expired. At the time of purchase I was not told that the card is perishable, or I would not have bought it. How could a big company like this get away with this? Or am I missing something? FCC has a complaint form on their website for such cases, I am considering filing one if I don't get a refund or at least be allowed to use the minutes in the US

Di
  9th of Apr, 2015

I bought phone card for $10.00 online htt://www.concom.com. Card name "USA Saver" to call to Cuba; i spend 12 dollars and i could talk only 10 minute!!!.. On top of that I received an email that my pin had been recharged from my credit card. I never requested for a recharge, they just took money from my credit card without my consent and they have do it twise. I am very disappointed an d I will be filing a complain with FTC (Federal Trade Commission) This is pure daily light robbery.

Cf
  30th of Nov, 2015

I have just had an auto recharge to my account and I have just discovered that balance of $15 "expired". I am filing a complaint and have stopped the auto charge; won't be using this company again, either, after 10 years.

Mi
  17th of Jun, 2016

Another victim of auto-recharge here. They have now buried the feature to turn off auto-recharge. It is impossible to find and you have to read their faq to find it. They must figure there's more money in cheating new customers than in losing old customers. I filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau in Los Angeles as well as with the Attorney General there.

Mitch