CheapTrips.com / Will not uphold money back guarantee

1 P.O. Box 2036Cherry Hill, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: (856)874-0109

Purchased a membership on 4/25/08 and was told there was a 30-day money back guarantee.
Membership was a scam. I was told I would get 2 free airline tickets and a $100 gas card for just signing up. I asked if there was anything I would have to do for this and was told no. AReceived the membership with numerous strings attached, filling out surveys, buying things, giving information to other companies. Called to cancel (not worth it) and was told to mail all membership info back and did that within the 30 days. It has been four months and still no refund. After numerous calls to the company (where I have been lied to, laughed at and hung up on) I have just filed a complaint with the Camden County Consumer Protection. Stay away from this company!

Na

Comments

• Le
      10th of Oct, 2008

the feds are now looking at them dont worry were going get them

• To
      26th of Oct, 2008

I was another one of the misguided individuals who thought what they were saying was a good thing. I paid them $99.00 over the phone with my atm debit card. It only took me a couple of minutes to realize That something didn't sound right. So I looked them up on the net. And I found out about the scam. I was devestated. Yet, I was quick to act. Others aren't that lucky. I called my bank and talked to the fraud division. Luckily for me, they hadn't taken the money out of the bank yet. So they blocked my card and cancelled it. I have to go and get another one but it's a small price for stupidity on my part. In fact Cheaptrips called the next day at 6 am no less and said my card wasn't going through. I just had to laugh. So if anyone reads this, before you make any purchases on line check them out first. If they sound too good to be true more than likely they are.

• Ig
      6th of Jul, 2009

I too was guilable. I got the same run around regarding my refund. It was NOT how they explained it would work. I was told to send everything back. I did that. I called month after month to check up on my refund. I was told it would being processed and that I would receive my refund within 2 to 4 weeks. I than spoke with someone who told me that the refund has not been processed but he would but a rush on it and I could expect it within the next 2 to 4 weeks. When I still hadn't received it, I called only to be told that there was a problem with the refund and that they would have a supervisor call me. They would not connect me with a sup at that time, stating that all referrals to a sup would be responded by a sup. I missed the call but the sup left me a return number. After several games of phone tag I spoke with the sup who informed me that I was not due a refund because I hadn't requested the refund in writting eventhough I has follow the return policy as advised. I got angry and said some thing I shouldn't have and he hung up on me. Several weeks later I called back and spoke to the same sup who adviced me that I was entiled to a refund that that he has processed it a few days ago and that I should expect my refund in a few days. That was 3 weeks ago. Needless to say, I haven't received anything. Last week, I tryed to call several times but was told to leave a message. No one has gotten back to me yet. The lesson for me is, If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is untrue. This has been going on since 12/08.

16th of Jul, 2009

i had the same problem, here is my story

My experience with Cheap Trips has not being a good one. I joined in January 2009, I received the package in February and once I looked through it, I realised that it was not entirely what I wanted. So I called to cancel my subscription and see what the steps are I should follow. (The people that answered when I called, were always nice, the guy said I must write a letter explaining why I want to cancel and then just send it back with the package). I did just that. I then called two weeks later to see if they received the package, they hadn’t, so I asked what do I do now, in case it got lost or something? They said, just write a letter and fax it through. I then called two days later to see if they received it, they had and said the money will be in my account in two weeks. I then called again after two weeks, and then they said the money should be there by 30-60 business days. So again I wait. After the 62nd day, I call again, and they said, sorry it should have been in, so they will redo it and it should be in my account in two weeks. I call again after that, and was told I have to wait for a supervisor to call me. I called again trying to get hold of the supervisor for about 2-3 weeks, and he eventually called me back, saying that I can’t get my money back because the parcel isn’t there and it’s past the 30 day money back period. I informed him, that I did all I was told to do, there’s nothing I can do about the lost package, and that I want my money back. He (Chris) then said I will not get my money back and that he doesn’t have time for this, good bye. I do not this is right and will never work through cheap trips again; they just take advantage and rip people off! I want my money back, it’s just the principal!