CES Futures Brokerage Co. Ltd. / Don't execute refundings.

Hong Kong Review updated:
2.65

Begin August, I have been contacted by Thomas Quinn from CES Futures. He told me that CES Futures had a good opportunity for investing in Futures on gazoline.
I sent them money and after having closed the positions (with a small gain), begin september, I wanted the cash to be sent on my bank account.
Then begun the problems. They didn't executed the refunding. Every day, I send mails and I call that company. Every time that I call, they tell me that they will call me back but, nothing happens. I also never received answers to my mails.

Are those guys swindlers?

More about them next week.

Comments

9th of Oct, 2008
Unbeleavable!
Yesterday, Oktober 8th, CES Futures took contact with me.
I have been told that the refunding would happen on Oktober 9th and that the SWIFT reference of the transfer would be sent to me by the accounting department of CES Futures.

By the way, this message have been posted on Oktober 9th at 4 PM and ... till now, I don't have any confirmation that the refunding happened. Of course, as every day, I have sent a mail to CES Futures to enquire of the refunding but I don't have any news yet.

I am every hour more impatient and every hour, my doubts are greater and greater.

As CES Futures is based in Hong Kong, I have introduced a claim at the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission.
I keep you informed of the evolution tomorrow.
  10th of Oct, 2008
Well ... they had the time to answer to my request of refunding.
One month and till nothing.

NEVER TRUST CES FUTURES.
YOU WILL NEVER SEE YOUR MONEY BACK.

This afternoon, I claim in law in HONG KONG, SINGAPORE and in Belgium. Thuesday, I also do it in Switzerland.
  15th of Oct, 2008
I had the same guy Thomas Quinn, and richard Calhoune, but i send it to the FBI, i have some friends there... they are gonna caught, i a shure you that... they are swindlers

LOOK OUT NEVER THRUST ANY OFF THIS GUYS
  16th of Oct, 2008
This morning I didn't believed my eyes when I saw a mail from CES Futures telling : “Your funds have been released”. Of course, I had asked the swift reference to check if the transfer had really occurred. I don’t have received that swift reference. So, I still wonder if that message is a way to win some time or if the funds will really arrive on my bank account.

In every way, my conclusion is that nothing exists to warn peoples against suspicious money managers. Complaintsboard is a good beginning but, I think that a site dedicated and specialized into that kind of information would be welcome. I think that I will spend some time to post such a site.

I keep you informed if the money arrives on my account.
An
  17th of Oct, 2008
I have been contacted by this company, though I was not at all interested in doing business with them as this is not my area and would put my money somewhere else. :)

I found this complaint here after I was contacted, always curious who the hell called me. ;)
Anyway, they called me yesterday again and I told them about this complaint I've found here, so hopefully Aimedez they saw this post and released your funds.

Curious to see how things works out!
Ju
  18th of Oct, 2008
they did contact me also and I did open an account already, but I did not fund it yet. When I read this it is better not to work together with them, else I can lose my money.
  19th of Oct, 2008
Ces futures is a daughter company of China eastern airlines...

Maybe you can call them

http://www.zibb.com/article/3829004/CES+Finance+Holding+to+Erect+a+Futures+Fund+Management+Firm heb
> ik een bericht gevonden waarin 'CES Futures Brokerage' wordt vermeld. Een
> van de grootste Chinese luchtvaartmaatschappijen. CES Finance Holding Co
> Ltd. overkoepelt de firma's CES Finance Co Ltd., CES Futures Brokerage Co
> Ltd en CES Capital International Co Ltd. CES Futures is kennelijk ook op de
> Zhengzhou commodity exchange genoteerd (zie
> http://english.czce.com.cn/DispDocument.aspx?dn=MemberFirms.htm - nr. 142).
> Op de website van de Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEx)
> (http://www.hkex.com.hk/vendor/chargesch/PV_MCDP.htm) heb ik dan recente
> adresgegevens over CES Finance Holding Co Ltd. (24/09/2008)teruggevonden:
> CES Finance Holding Co. Ltd
> TEL: (86) 21 64068785
> FAX: (86) 21 64068852
> www.kiiik.com
> service@kiiik.com
  24th of Oct, 2008
To answer to Robert :
I think that the company called CES Futures is not really a daughter company of China eastern airlines. Press informations are not always trustable. They can have been published by the company itself to give themself credibility.

Concerning the story or the refunding. They told me more than one week ago that the money had been released. Great news isn't it? But till now, I don't have received one cent from CES Futures. And of course, CES Futures is loyal with it's communication policy which consist in NOT COMMUNICATING.
I mean that I have requested the SWIFT reference and the detail of the wire transfer but ... of course, without any result.
As they are vestigated in Hong-Kong, and if you also have some problems with them, I advise you to take contact with the Hong-Kong Securities and Futures Commission (sfc.hk : complaints@sfc.hk)

I will keep you informed.
  25th of Oct, 2008
For the information of the whole Internet community :

I received today a mail from a person ... lets call that person Jack or Bill ... Lets keep Bill because he also pay the bill ;-)

So, Bill told me : "I think I also lose my money. The same Richard Calhoun did call me and I did open an account with them. I have heat oil call now, but they will expire soon. I'm scared they will steal my identity and use my accountnumber also. I think I'm going to close my bankaacount in my country"

Bill,

I see that this is your first trade with CES Futures. For sure, they will call you soon. CES Futures will explain you that you must cover your positions by also having puts in position into the case that the price of the underlying instrument continues to drop.

In other words, they will ask you more money to buy puts. Thomas Quinn will explain you that with taking a paper page … If you don’t understand what he say, it is not important.

Two possibilities:

- CES Futures is a honest company. Then you have to have puts in position to protect your investment.

- CES Futures is not a honest company. Then you have lost some money and will loose more if you send more money.

My opinion is that they are not honest. I am now sure that they are swindlers. That is my conviction.

On the other hand, so long that you don’t have requested your money back, you cannot claim in law. If you sell your positions and claim in law, just send me an e-mail and I will tell you what the true name of Thomas Quinn is and where he lives. I am now able to identify that guy and I have someone who took pictures of him and of where he lives. Don’t ask me who did that and how ... lets say that I asked to more dangerous than them ;-)

Don’t be afraid for you identity and your account number. All what they can do is to wire money on that account and that would be welcome isn’t it but … don’t dream. They will never do that.
Ma
  27th of Oct, 2008
I've recently had dealings with CES regarding the purchase of commodity options. I have dealt with Thomas Quinn who guided me thru the investment process. I have not requested my money back yet, but in doing some more research on options and
CES futures, I did found this website and now I am afraid that things are not what they seem... I am trying to get contact with my broker but am having little luck. Has anyone been in contact or received moneies back?
Pe
  29th of Oct, 2008
Well,
I was called by a person who named himself Sean Evans. He was so patient - he had been telling me about their services and incredible possibilities to earn a lot of money, probably 500 % of profit in 1 month. He gave me web-pages' addresses and examples how they made money for their clients. It was interesting though I never take that kind of a risk and to transfer money to China. Somehow it was clear for me that it is too risky and a person who is told fairy stories should be vigilant.

I am curious to see more stories about that kind of "business" not only of CES Futures but, I am sure, there are lots of companies alike.

Good luck! And don't be pulled the wool over your eyes!

Peter
  1st of Nov, 2008
Last week, I was travelling for the dispute that I have with CES FUTURES.
That is why I am a bit late with publishing the folder that I told about a few more than one week ago.
Now that I am back, I am able to publish the information.
As it is not easy to publish such information on complaintsboard, I have created a blog dedicated to CES FUTURES.

That blog can be found at

It am publishing there a downloadable folder of a few mega-bytes with a lot of information on CES FUTURES and on contact persons from that company.

The day that my money is voluntarily refunded by CES FUTURES, I will delete that blog and the downloadable folder too.
I think that it is a normal think. If they send my money back and the actions in law are stopped, I don't have any reason to claim against CES FUTURES no more and have to remove all that information.
In other words, download it before it disappear ;-)
  3rd of Nov, 2008
Hi
Well, I tried to download that folder, but couldn't find it.
Has it already been removed ?
If so, please could you explain the steps you followed to get them to return your money ? Where did you file your legal actions, etc ?
I'm in the same situation as you, so I would also like to recover the lost money.

Thanks for your help
  4th of Nov, 2008
No, Lucky, the folder is not posted yet.
I intend to do it very soon but, first of all, I must take some legal measures.

Best regards.
  4th of Nov, 2008
i had a lot of money lost, and i have some friends who are searching for them, and i had some luck...
they made some mistakes, and i think i have the id of one of the guys, they are gonna search for him and talk to him, i will publish the names of the swindlers soon on the internet, first i have contact with the police and gouverment ... i'll keep you informed...
  5th of Nov, 2008
Today, at 7:55 AM, I have sent a mail to Thomas Quinn to tell him that the folder with information about CES Futures had been posted on the web. I gave him the name of the blog (http://ces-futures.blogspot.com). At 8:14 AM, Thomas Quinn have accessed the blog using SBC Internet Services (to hide do he think, its real IP).
At 8:25 AM, one of his collègues stopped the internet server on which the folder was posted.
Don't worry, till now, everything is under control. All this was foreseen. The real server used to distribute the information to the whole internet community is far better secured and will be running this evening at 8 PM.

This proves that they don't want to much information about them to be published and ... of course, they don't want to. They try to hide behind services changing their IP and it don't works. That could be a problem if their real identity was published isn't it.
Be patient. That will happen at 8PM today but ... it will be only for the ones having claimed in law against them. The deal is that YOU claim in law (I will also do it of course) and I provide you the real identity of those persons and I prove it.

Keep cool. We are close to the goal.
Hi
As I also mentioned in one of my e-mails to you, how do you feel about a grouped claim in law against them ?
This would put ourselves in a stronger position, I think.
Dear Lucky,

I fully agree with you.
The best way of doing is to group the claims in law and group the information too.
The fact is that everyone of us must claim in law into its own country.

So, I think that the best thing to do is to build a place where we can meet us using the Internet and share the information that we have, build groups of claimers per country ...
That meeting place must be safe so that CES Future cannot have access to it.

I think agout it and I will post my ideas on my blog (cesfutures.blogspot.com) and also here
  5th of Nov, 2008
I fully agree with that.
In fact my lawyer is introducing a claim now in Belgium.
I have sent you yesterday an e--mail with my complete details also to request the needed password for your file. I look forward to receive this so I can pass all extra info to my lawyer also.
I also look forward to your ideas for setting up this grouped claim.
Mr
  6th of Nov, 2008
Hi
i think i'm also the victim of this company.
How can i get access to the blog?
And how can we i do a claim in law to them?

please advice