Certs, Inc. / Travel scam!

1 424 E. Central Bldv. Suite 413Orlando FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-291-0099

We were lured by an advertisement mailer to attend a buying club called APS in Katy, TX with a promise of 2 round trip airline tickets anywhere in the US just for attending the presentation. We actually joined the club and soon after were required to send $29.99 for processing the "free" tickets. We sent the money to APS, then got a voucher for travel through Certs,Inc. We mailed in the request and they replied with a request for $50 deposit for each traveler to pay for "taxes". We sent the money to Certs along with the original voucher and other paperwork and weeks later it was returned with a rude letter stating our offer was void due to a minor technicality about the date on the APS voucher was a couple of days prior to the date I signed the form. I felt sick to my stomach when I received the letter knowing I had been ripped off and I stopped my payments to APS, then had to tell my wife that our 20 year anniversary trip had been canceled. To add insult to injury, now we are being hounded by the APS collection agency to pay up for the remaining balance of the bogus contract we signed.

Comments

• St
      3rd of Oct, 2007
    Certs, Inc. - Travel scam

Certs, Inc. - www.certsinc.biz

They sent us a postcard stating that we would get a "complimentary 3-4 day cruise or vacation, no purchase necessary, if we listened to their presentation, To sweeten the deal they promised us $40 in gas money to cover our expenses of traveling to their site presentation. After which, they sent us a form to to fill out and we were instructed to send them a US postal money order for $100. as a processing fee. There was no mention of this fee up front. They sent us a form to fill out for gas travel vouchers which had to be sent in with original receipts on a monthly basis for a max. of $10. per time. Further, there was no return address on the envelope they sent us and no contact phone number . I decided to look them up only to find out that they would not give us any information about their whereabouts and they would only accept mail-in postal money orders. This is clearly a scam operation which should be investigated by the authorities and be shut down before countless other people are ripped off!

• Li
      16th of Nov, 2007

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of your complaints against this company, Certs Inc. We also went to one of their presentations for a Travel Club that seemed pretty expensive but the incentive was TWO free airline tickets & car rental to anywhere in the US. The application must be mailed in within 30 days for activation and so on... just you all described. We have 7 more days so I thought I would check the Internet for any complaints and HERE WE ARE. There is NO way I would send a $100 Money Order NOW and get involved in this aggravation. I knew it was too good to be true, NOTHING FOR NOTHING as they always say. I'm sure IF I ended up getting these plane tickets for the dates I selected, the flight would be a Red Eye with minimum 2 stops which would turn a normal 3 hour flight into 10...and in the long run, be more expensive than a legitimate special deal from a reputable company online... ! SO... thanks again for helping me say NO.

• Jb
      12th of Mar, 2008

We fell for the enticement of free tickets from Certs and went to a UTOPIA travel club presentation in Beaverton, Oregon. (However their information was contained in a VIP Travel Services folder and VIP has its share of complaints filed!) Utopia is being investigated by the OR Atty. General, since those people who signed up for the exorbitant membership fees were not given the 48 hours right of rescission under state law. Anyway, we'll tear up our CERTS voucher form and learn from everyone else's experience. They'll not get any of our money or waste any more of our time!

22nd of May, 2008

This is one of the most unscrupulous companies that I have ever dealt with. EVERYTHING THEY SAY IS A LIE! Do not deal with them! Everything in the above email is true, but in addition to that, they had sent a letter stating that they would send us an additional $200 with our refund because of the inconvenience that they caused us. I had coincidentally called two days before requesting a refund having not heard a word and our departure dates for this mandatory trip was approaching. Needless to say, The check arrived without the additional $200. The woman on the phone now says that because I had called before the second date, even though they had sent the offer to refund the check before the second date, they would not send the $200 as offered. This company is a total scam. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DEAL WITH THEM! It is important that others know of such unethical practices.

• Ha
      6th of Jun, 2008

Went tpo travel presentation w/Pulaski Travel (also Hallmark Travel and other names) and got the Certs voucher. Got through successfully after some hickups with Seneca and actually made it through to the (expected) "Cannot tfulfill your request" letter.

However, in my view, my contract for travel is with Pulaski (et al) and therefore might sue for a trip. Will let you know later how my "talk" w/Pulaski turns out.

Certs has a total of $150.00 of my money. I will cancel and request it back after talking w/Pulaski.

Has anyone else taken this route?

Let me know.

• Ce
      23rd of Jun, 2008

First, we'd like to apologize for any inconveniences you may have experience redeeming your travel certificate from our company. Keeping that in mind, we'd like to point out a few important details regarding the travel certificate business.

Our business is no different than any other business transaction in which both parties must comply with their agreement and adhere to the terms of service.

We highly recommend in the future if you receive a call or postcard from a marketing company promising you a travel certificate if you attend a timeshare presentation that you ask for the name of the company responsible for providing the incentive.

We further recommend if it is a Certs, Inc. incentive, that you visit our web site (www.certsinc.biz) where you can read the entire terms of service for each incentive we offer, and then make an educated decision on whether of not to move forward with the presentation.

Certs, Inc. has no control over the presentation by the marketing company or the sales tactics used by the vacation club representative. However, we do police their activities and from time-to-time will discontinue the sales of our products to these companies if we feel there is misrepresentation.

Certs, Inc. has never, and will never, change the terms of service on our incentives "after" it has been presented to our clients customers.

If you have not received a booking confirmation from our company for the travel date(s) you provided, you are entitled to a full refund of all monies paid to Certs, Inc.

Due to the inconveniences of a large cancellation rate for booked travel, your travel dates will not be confirmed until 14 days in advance. This is to benefit you by allowing a full refund in case you an experience a life event that keeps you from traveling on the dates you provided us.

If you feel you have not received a fair chance at redeeming your travel certificate, please contact our customer service department (1-800-292-0099) so we can research your situation and act accordingly based off your incentive's terms of service.

Sincerely,

Gregory A. Peaden, CEO
    Certs, Inc.

• Ba
      2nd of Jul, 2008

I did everything that the contracts called for. However, the representatives at Certs said they didn't receive the reservation request form and the only thing they could do was return my $100. They refused to let me resend the copy I had. Tiffany said to talk to Seneca. Seneca said he couldn't do anything and he was the last resort for complaints. I guess he is above the CEO. I would agree with all complaints and disagree with Mr. Peaden that if we do what we were supposed to all will be well. All they have to do is say they didn't receive the letter and the deal is off.

• Cj
      15th of Jul, 2008

It is so funny that Greg Peaden thinks he can salvage his company's reputation by posting on here that we should contact him! I worked for a company that used Certs and they did nothing but TRY to find ways NOT to fulfill (forced breakage)! Mr. Peaden is desperate and you should not believe him. I know that he intentionally creates his certificates to trick people and mislead them. Do not trust him or Certs, Inc.

RUN AWAY!

7th of Aug, 2008

We received an offer int he mail for two free airline tickets and a weeks car rental to attent this presentation. When my husband called he was told it was not a timeshare and nobody would sell us anything. After the presentation, the first salesman told us the price was 6990.00. When we said we weren't interested, he sent a "Closer" to offer us the same deal for 2990.00. We turned down that one too. We then received our "free travel voucher " and free " car rental" certificates. We were getting ready to send in the 75, 00 for the car rental when I decided to check the companies online before sending in the certified check. I am glad I did. I called Pulaski Travel who issued these "free" vouchers. Of course anyone you would need to talk to was not in. However I'm glad I hesitated and saved the $75.00.

• Ba
      17th of Aug, 2008

What a mess this company has caused. As well as Royal Palms Vacation, Capital Financial, and sll the other so called companies they do bussiness with, or represent. All of these companies are now under investigation by the Attorney General's Offices in Nevada, Massachusetts, and Florida.
    Do not sign any thing, if it seems to good to be true, it is a scam, and we lost $ 2700.00 trying to get our RPV and related companies to get our rewards and gifts, and the use of the whole system is a hoax.
    Please contact the Attorney general's office of Florida, if you were scam like us.

• Bc
      26th of Aug, 2008

Certs inc is evil!! Customer "service" is a joke. There is no service. It is clearly set up to not give you what was promised. You can't plan a vacation getaway, since there is no assurance you get the reservation until it is too late to make plans and book a 30 ticket. What a SCAM!!! Stay away. It is not worth it.
    These people should be closed down. In the old days, decent people would have run them out of town.

• Me
      27th of Aug, 2008

u gotta LUV this ! ! ! the phone ## posted by the CEO above is for a call canter for a nationwide autoglass company. lolol can even reach them. UFB !

• We
      18th of Oct, 2008

Agree with all of above note ...Was promised 40 gas and a close port of call to depart from for 4 night cruise..I was told I could pick any destination fom charlston ended up getting port can or miami.Royal Palms vacations is a big ole jip..and so is certs.P.S I threw thier incentive in the trash

• Gl
      30th of Jun, 2009

So glad I checked online before sending in my $100 money order with the certificate for a free two-night stay at a "Marriott Brand Property" and "free" airfare. My question is: Does the "Marriott, Ramada or Radisson Family of Hotels" have an integral role in this scam, or are they simply being reimbursed for providing accommodations for the victims of this scam. If they are not directly involved it might behoove them to disassociate themselves from this deceitful business called Certs Incorporated.

My husband and I wasted half of a vacation day going to this presentation. Guess we should be glad that is all we lost.

All I can say is I believe in karma. All those involved in deliberately cheating others will have it coming back to them.

• Da
      14th of Oct, 2009

We attended a 90 minute arm twisting session at a travel company broker in Las Colinas( irving) TX back in may 2009. Our friends attended the seminar too. We did everything right but our friends sent a postal money order but the postal worker gave them a international postal money order instead and they were refused. I sent in the dates for our cruise, we chose the 2nd set coming up in November for the 4 night 3 day cruise out of Galveston. On the paperwork it clearly states that they would send us confirmation travel documents within 30-45 days out from the dates we selected. I have been trying to call them for 3 days now to get a commitment from them. I sent a email to their customer service following every last detail they requested. I am awaiting a reply which they said will come within 48 hrs. I did receive a confirmation that they received the email I sent in. I am so nervous and scared after reading all these horror stories esp. now after I cannot get anyone to answer the telephones. I will contact the BBB if this goes south and the Attorney General's office as my brother is a corporate attorney that deals with scamers all day long, but I am hoping, just hoping we will get our trip. I will keep everyone posted. KH

2nd of Nov, 2009

My name is Ann Harrell and you never sent me my refune back. And I tryed to email you at your csunderscorecertsinc @yahoo.com. I sent you $29.95 and I adked for a refund because it is to far to drive to when you live in the middle of Arkansas. You say you sent me my money but you did not. B illy and Ann Harrell 21 Grand Brook Greenwood Arkansa 72936 You said call back on this date I did and no one will talk to me. I am really sick of this I my get my lawyer for this $29.95 And I know it will it will cost you more because of my stress I am having over this. So Please send me my money!!!

2nd of Nov, 2009

Yes I think it is a scam. You owe me $29.95 and I want to tell you, No you did not send me my money. The stress I am going through My Lawyer will take care of it very soon if you don't send my my refund!!!

• Wa
      10th of Oct, 2010

Pulaski Trave - run run away

Those "positive" comments forgot to mention that they want over $8, 000 to "join" them, and then you get restrictions. You can book travel, for yourself at good prices, but if you travel even 3 times a year, that savings adds up to the $8, 000 you put upfront. So, not really a savings. They don't show you the places they have as vacation, they make promises, but don't deliver. They are a travel company that gives away free trips through another company. Their presentation says they can book you for as little as $99 a week, but they have to use an outside company to give away a trip?

• Wo
      10th of Dec, 2010

We were extremely foolish in becoming members of Pulaski. Everything they "sold" to us through the condo membership has not been as they presented. PLEASE follow-up with a claim to the Better Business Bureau as this affects the companies credit rating. Also, a letter to the Attorney General is helpful. While they cannot represent any lawsuits the complaint remains on file in their office. And if we do not receive a refund of our membership we are considering a class action lawsuit. We hope no one has to go through this struggle.