Carmax / poor service, dishonest
Bought a used vehicle there in February. Within 3 weeks, I had it back in for a brake service because the brakes were making a metal-on-metal sound. They "fixed" them and sent me on my way. Within a week, I am hearing the noise again, and decide that I should go to an Acura dealership. Long story short, the front brakes (which were the ones they worked on) were non-Acura, and so were not fitting properly. Also, the Acura dealership said that Carmax bent (ruined) 2 screws in the braking component because they tried to put it on with the wrong tool. To make matters worse, they told me that my back brakes had 1 mm left on them, and that ALL of my fluids (brake, transmission, etc) were dirty and didn't look like they had ever been replaced.
Beware of Carmax's "quality inspection." They apparently just make sure the car runs well enough to make it off the lot.
Oh, and while my car was in service with Carmax, they scratched my leather dashboard!
More Carmax Complaints & Reviews
- Carmax - be well prepared to enter a nightmare world! 
- Carmax - they underpay salesmen 
- Carmax - some facts about carmax 
- Carmax - scam and cheating 
- Carmax - it's a den of #s 
- CarMax Business Services - service center (2014 nissan pathfinder/ transmission purchased in august 2018)
- CarMax Business Services - 2016 ford c max
- CarMax Business Services - lemon vehicle's
- Carmax - website, sales and transfer policy
- CarMax Business Services - purchased vehicle 7/2018 check engine light and vehicle jerking started 8/8/18