Career Experts / Career Experts is a Fraud

1 NC, United States Review updated:

I just received the exact same email (an exact duplicate) as Bob did in Toronto Canada when I applied to a job position in Asheville NC on Craig's List last night after 10 PM.

This is a scam, they only direct you to their web site to have you sign up for over $100 for them to rewrite your current resume.

Beware!

Linda

Li

Comments

• Je
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Same exact thing happened to me yesterday! I took it a step further and emailed back saying that I was not in a financial position to spend money on having them redo my resume (that I already had a business professional help me with). "Sister Mary Joseph" sent me an email back, at that time, offering me a job making $20 an hour to go through the 500 to 1000 emails I would receive each day and send out the standard first email she sends out. I have all the documents that they send out; she sent them to me to read through. Once I read through them and saw how they post things on Craigs list etc, I knew right away it was ###. The sad thing is that I have been job searching for 2 months and have mailed my resume out to well over 400 job postings...never knowing if they are legitmate or not. It's a shame you even have to question it :(

• Ji
      16th of Dec, 2008

Guess what, I also just received the exact same email. She or he is now using the email of Career Experts

• Lo
      23rd of Jan, 2009

I also emailed back saying I did not need anyone to write my resume for me. That my resume was already wonderful. I received an email from the con man (Sister Mary Joseph) offering me a job at $20.00 an hour. The scarey part about it is that I actually thought about it until I went to google and types in "Sister Mary Joseph Career Experts" and all hell broke loose. Thank you all for the heads up. Some of us do desperate things when we are unemployed and stressed.

Lori

• Rd
      31st of Jan, 2009

This person sent me the exact same email. Any legitimate recruitment agency does not ask for any money up front. This person is taking advantage of people at their lowest, they suck!

• Lo
      5th of Feb, 2009

I got the same e-mail a few minutes ago from a job I responded to on Craigslist for an elevator company administrative assistant. I have responded back saying that I didn't need a resumé rewrite and am currently awaiting a response back.

• De
      6th of Feb, 2009

I just recieved the same email. I will not respond thanks to your information. Thanks!

• So
      20th of Nov, 2009

I have been job hunting since I was layed -ff the first of July 2009. I thought the email from career experts was a real God send!!! How can anyone take advantage of the millions of people out of work about to lose everything they have worked so hard for?!? You people disgust me and there should be a special hell for you in your own personal eternity!!!