Car Rental / sunpass
We are coming from the UK and renting from Miami airport. Unless we take out Sixt's sunpass at over a hundred dollars for 3 weeks after a journey time of over 18 hrs we have to take a much slower route to the Keys.
I cannot understand why I can't buy and activate a mini pass at the airport. I would love to rent the car, go to a kiosk, buy and activate a mini pass and be on our way. I believe that the tourist, who contribute millions of dollars a year is deliberately being ripped of by the state of Florida. I remember a couple of years ago trying to activate a mini pass, the web site was not geared up for anyone from abroad as it wouldn't take a post code from the UK. Ended up saying my credit card was registered to an address in Deerfield Beach and it was accepted (that secure...not)
It's all just so '3rd world'
More Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- Car Rental - paynow scam
- Car Rental - undisclosed added on fees
- Car Rental - taken for a ride by car rental 
- Car Rental - insurance charged is much higher than accorded
- Car Rental - budget car rental
- Car Rental - threatening behavior (will report my credit card to the credit bureau and suspend it for 7 years)
- Car Rental - accused of damage we didn't do 
- Car Rental - extra charges 
- Car Rental - damage to car 
- Car Rental - physical abuse