Capital Moving Services / Delay & Extra Charges & Damage

Capital Moving Services Inc.
I hired Capital Moving to move me from Calgary, Alberta to California. They picked up my shipment and promised me that they will delivery my goods about in 2 weeks. I found it very reasonable delivery period. 2 weeks later, NO NEWS. I called them and they told me that they will call and let me know arrival date. I waited another week, NO NEWS. I called them again, and the manager called Elena told me "I will call you in 10 minutes". Guess what !!! Anoter week...I got my shipment almost 2 months later. If I move aain in my life, I will NEVER EVER NEVER EVER use this scam company. They had many hidden charges, and when I want to pay by VISA, they charged me 3 % extra. Please people...KEEP AWAY this kind of companies. My biggest mistake was not checking Better Business Bureau.

More Capital Moving Services Complaints & Reviews

Plus Capital Moving Services - inept movers [7]
Plus Capital Moving Services - Awful service [2]

N  26th of Jul, 2009 by
Unfortunately, it's always a quote whn it comes to time frames, particularly when going across country borders. The company may not have evn anticipated such problems! (Seems like it as they don't readily accept VISA). Next time, try to figure out all the info on customs form your end, so you have a better idea of what needs to be done/accomplished for fastest processing time.

As for the 3% charge for using your VISA, many companies will have a surchage or a different rate if you decide to pay with credit card, the reason being that they actually get charged for every transaction. It's pennies on the dollar, but still. This is why when you go to a gas station there is a cash and a credit option. Many other companies do this also.

As for hidden fees, Like I stated earlier, they may not have anticipated many things involved in the move, as far as they seem like a small scale operation (credit card processing fees, quoting you 2 weeks on a moe from Canada to California). Anyway, most companies of this scale do not want to lose your business and probably would not added extra fees if they were not necessary. However, it is for you to decide.

I would strongly recommend contacting them and asking what is the best day/time to reach a manager. Then leave a message asking for a call back. If you do not hear back, call on the specified day/time. And ask for a detailed break-down/explaination of your bill. DO NOT ask for a refund until you understand it thoroughly.
N  6th of Jun, 2012 by
Clarification - Capital Moving (reviewed here) is NOT attached, affiliated or connected in any way with Capital Movers & Storage (Kingston, ON).

Capital MOVERS & STORAGE is an entirely separate company, unaffiliated with Capital Moving. Capital Movers & Storage is based in Kingston, ON with offices in Trenton, Deep River (as Walker's Van & Storage) and North Bay (as Walker's Van & Storage). We are a member of United Van Lines and the Canadian Association of Movers (CAM).

We recommend that anyone considering a hiring professional movers do their research prior to making any firm arrangements. CAM has some good tips for evaluating the merits of moving companies in your area. http://www.mover.net/