Candita Catelides from Catelides Investments Pty. Ltd.Group Investment Scheme

1 Review updated:

A relative of mine bought into an investment scheme run by a South African woman named Candita Catelides. She claimed she had the ability to generate returns of over 200% per year by flipping properties in the Brisbane and Rockhampton area. Apparently she had a group of investors that would invest in apartments and home renovations and then split any capital gains after the property was sold.

She claimed she was a multi-millionaire capable of making millions of dollars a year. Unfortunately, after the 'buy-in' fee was paid, she claimed she no longer operated such an investment program and would not be able to generate any returns. Candita Catelides claimed that she couldn't deliver on anything she promised.

It is my opinion that Candita Catelides is simply a scammer that plays on people's greed and exploits their trust. Be very careful if you're approached by her. Do not subscribe to any of Candita Catelides' products or services.

An
Jul 27, 2016

Comments

• Ta
      Aug 19, 2016

If your relative still hasn't resolved this, drop me a pm. I know an attorney in Brisbane who has helped out with similar issues in the past.

• Cr
      Mar 02, 2017

@tabular53 Hi how can I contact you.

• Ha
      Jun 29, 2017

@crux Hi! I'd be interested to speak with you too. I am a former business associate of Candita and she owes me money and I was about to commence a QCAT claim.

• Ha
      Jun 29, 2017

@tabular53 I'd be interested to speak with you. Candita owes me money and I was about to commence QCAT action.

• Sh
      Jan 10, 2018

@Hamish2017 Hi Hamish,
    Candita owed me money as well. I would be much appreciated if you could advise me to get it back.
    Thanks a lot.

• Ti
      May 31, 2018

@tabular53 Hello I have had dealing with her she is evil - would you be able to send me your email as I dont know how to get in touch??? can anyone see what we write??? [protected]@optusnet.com.au

• Fl
      Jun 03, 2018

@tiptoe26 please resind the above message

• Sh
      Jan 10, 2018

Hi Hamish,
    Candita owed me money as well. I would be much appreciated if you could help get it back.
    Thanks a lot.

• Di
      Jan 01, 2019

It appears I have been scammed too. Has anyone had any luck tracking her down?

• Ni
      Jan 02, 2019

@Dianne P Edwards Hi Dianne, I'm very sorry to hear that. The public company records show that the location moved from Manly West, QLD to Calamvale, QLD in May of 2016. It appears as though a new company was created called Optimal Rise Investments Pty Ltd. ACN: [protected]. The new company change was likely in an attempt to avoid punitive actions by QCAT and QLD Office of Fair Trading. According to public records, the Optimal Rise company location was once again moved on July 31 2017 to Russell Island, QLD. It is very uncommon for a property development and investment company to move to a remote location such as Russell Island. Although frequent location changes is a common method used to avoid disgruntled former associates.

These are the two company contact methods listed on the public record:
    Email: [protected]@optimalrise.com.au
    Mobile: [protected]

I also strongly encourage you to post your personal experience with the company to Complaints Board in hopes that potential victims can be warned.

• El
      Nov 14, 2019

@Dianne P Edwards Yes, Candita Catelides and Mark Jones have moved from Russell Island, QLD to Victoria Point West, QLD. They have started their next scam business which is called Jetting4Plumbers Pty Ltd. PO Box 3185 Victoria Point West, Qld 4165. If you look at their fake testimonial videos on their website, you can hear Candita's voice behind the camera prompting their victims for statements.

• Vi
      Jul 12, 2019

@jacknjill
    We also had dealings with Candita for a development at Logan Lea. We invested with her in Jan 2017 through her trust account Poppy CCC Pty Ltd ACN [protected] . Candita then advised the project was not going ahead in Jan 2018 due to some reason and that she was trying to get finance as builders were ready waiting to develop the blocks. But then in July 2018 she advised that the company Poppy was in liquidation and that for her to pay us back we would need to go into a new contract under her new company Lilly CCC Pty Ltd ACN [protected]. We didn’t know that at the time of signing in the presence of her lawyer, the second contract with Lily CCC Pty Ltd this company was also in liquidation. We were advised by her lawyer in May 2018 that she wanted to pay us back our money and that Candita had sold 12 of the 16 blocks. In May 2019 we went to check if there were any development going on at Logan Lea and was astonished to find a bill board displaying an auction notice postponing the sale of land in May 2019 and the real estate agent when contacted informed us that the auction was postponed due to the death of the owner of the land who resided in Perth. The second contract with Lily CCC Pty Ltd is till end of July 2019. Till today we have not heard from Candita.

When we met her in 2017 she was residing at Calamvale and advised she had bought a property on Russell Island. She also was wanting us to invest financially in a restaurant and also some other turbine business which we refused. She informed us she had a rental property at Clontarf.

She drives a nice car and there was a Harley Davidson parked in garage and a boat.

We have engaged a law firm in Brisbane and should anyone wish to contact our lawyers for legal assistance can leave a message in here for us.

• Mi
      Aug 18, 2019

@Vivek Naidu Dear Sir / Madam
    Poppy CCC Pty Ltd (In Liquidation)

David Clout and Patricia Talty, of David Clout and Associates, were appointed Liquidators of Poppy CCC Pty Ltd on 20 July 2019. Evidence of our appointment can be found on the ASIC registers.

If you are a creditor of the above named Company or have any information in respect of the Company, please contact our office by email to Mitchell.[protected]@clouts.com.au or by telephone on [protected] to discuss the matter further.

Regards