Bull Dogs NYC / Puppy Mill Breeder-SICK MAN!!!!

1 2277 McDonald AveBrooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 347-587-4137

DO NOT GIVE THE GUY ANY MONEY OR PURCHASE ANY DOGS FROM THIS SICK SICK SICK INDIVIDUAL!!!
This CON MAN should be in jail! I fortunately caught on to him prior to giving any money. Do a google search on complaints bull dogs NYC and you will see his reputation He uses multiple names (Stev, Nick), and harasses you via e-mail and phone to buy the dogs, and gets pissed off when you don't. I have filed complainst against him personally and his business through the NYPD, AKC, ETC. Under NO circumstances should you purchase your dogs from this sick individual. His location is in a dirty warehouse district in Brooklyn, and there is no doubt, by the number of complaints, there is serious imbreeding going on with these animals.

Aj

Comments

• Ph
      16th of Dec, 2008

I agree. We unfortunately made the mistake and purchased a French Bulldog from this place. Less than 6 days later the puppy had to be hospitalized with an upper respiratory infection, and ear infection, and sever ab distention. Called them immediately and sent them over all the detailed paperwork and x rays as they said they need to present to their vet to verify. I also requested the information of their vet as the paperwork said the "supposed" shots she had at the vet but absolutely no information on the sheet. Not name of vet or location or anything all vets use on their documentation. This little trip cost us an additional $1000 which I think they are going to ignore me and not pay. Luckily, the state laws require that the breeder is responsible for any sickness of the puppy for up to 6 months and will be made to pay no more than double the cost of the pet. I have a lawyer lined up because I think it will come to this. Please, this is not what you want to be involved in. Advise all friends and relatives NOT to deal with BulldogsNYC. Please feel free to message me if you have a similar story and would like to join me in taking legal action.

• Th
      24th of Dec, 2008

I have just purchased a French Bulldog on 12/19/08 from BulldogsNYC for my childern for Christmas. The puppies belly seemed extend and he was having a hard time going. We took him to the vet. We were told he has a upper respiratory infection and kennel cough. The vet took a blood sample and stool. The blood came back over 2100 which is the respiratory infection. The stool came back with a parasite called Coccidia this could be fatal. The puppy is on three different medications two times a day. My vet bill are close to $900.00 and growing.

I would like to join Phazeshifer in your legal action.

TheresaD

• Al
      31st of Dec, 2008

im 16 years old. i spend $$2500 out of my own pocket just to by an english bulldog puppy. we was the perfect thing the first night. my friends all loved him. within the next days signs of what to seem like a cold, were show along with marks on his stomach.we went to vet as soon as we could. Everyone there had to hold him because he was so adorable. the spot light was on my and my new puppy. Turns out he did have kennel cough, along with ring worm all over his body, ring worm is contagious to people. The woman at the front desk had a scar from it. He also had worms in him, his stool sample had the same parasite, Coccidia. My 10 week old puppy also has bronchitis. He was on three different medications. two he took once a day, the third he took 4 or 5 times a day. I also had to give him a bath once a week with an expensive special soap. I was to apply lotion 3 to 4 times daily, which turned into a spray cause i would no longer touch my puppy. he was in pain and you could see it. I had him just long enough to fall in love w him. I never had a pet and i got this puppy to try and fill the empty gap where my father used to be before he died years ago. My mother has been a wreak being its so much stress on her, and its killing her to see how upset i am. i slept next to my dogs crate and i cried my self to sleep the last three night because i knew he had to go back and he was just in so much pain.

My mother called today, which is the 5th day ive owned the puppy. The breeder gave me an extremely hard time and said we couldnt return him. He was putting words in my mother mouth. We called earlier to make an appointment in which to "come see the dogs" he said to come at four. When we called about an hour later he was yelling at my mom tell her we gave him the ring worm, then he blamed it on the lady at the vet, after that he tried to say its not contagious.He also told us he wouldn't be available today when earlier we had the appointment for 4 oclock.This was a mistake.please, dont go through the hear ache i went through.

• Ph
      5th of Jan, 2009

please contact me ------ ryan.powell(at)sapiensoftware.com ------- as I am working with some others to take legal action. I can also assist you in getting your vet bills covered. Please leet into New York Puppy Lemom laws specifically article 35-D

13th of Feb, 2009

hello my name is antonio and me and my girlfriend just purchased an english bulldog from this [censored]. the dog i bought was all whitein the face with only one mark on the left eye. THE DOG I RECIEVED HAS TWO ONE ON EACH EYE. i have called him more than 30 times in the passed 3 days (we got GINO on tuesday 2/09/09 ) no answer or call back form the [censored] and i have sent him 3 emails form his website bulldogsnyc. fortunatly we took GINO to the vet today and everything seems to be fine except for a cold which we got medication for already. I ready these complaints after we took him to the vet. i will be taking him again tomorrow to get his shots because i do not believe the [censored] gave them to him. ohh another thing when i purchased the dog i asked if he came with a chip he said he had not put one on him but it is optional i asked for him to place it and the [censored] said there would be no extra charge. like i said before i took GINO to the vet and SURPRISE NO CHIP!!! by the way my girlfriend rinished reading the messages you all placed on the site 10 min ago now she is with Gino crying her eyes out. I would love to join you all in this lawsuit because like i said this ### gave me the wrong dog which i dont even care anymore i just pray he is healthy because we have fallen in love. please contact me antonio.neira10@gmail.com

• Fr
      19th of Feb, 2009

This is interesting, I have been following some of the complaints about BulldogsNYC as I purchased a Frenchie from them about 4 months ago. Obviously these breeds are prone to more problems than other dogs, so I was prepared for potential issues. My puppy was definitely undersized (runt of the litter) and it turns out he had a worm called Giardia and a heart murmur. The vet said that since he was born in Florida and that he hadn't had a full course of de-worming, the Giardia would resolve in a few days with meds- and it did. After that he started growing really well, and his heart murmur even went away. I had to have a cardiac echo done, and Steve at BulldogsNYC paid for that and also gave me the option to return the puppy- which I did not want to do. He is now doing great, gets tons of attention at dog parks and in the street because he is a really beautiful pup with unique coloring and a great personality. So, aside from the minor problems which have since resolved, I am happy with my experience. Maybe the english bulldogs have bigger problems there? Who knows... also the facility in Brooklyn where they keep the dogs was very clean and well run in my opinion.

• Ra
      20th of Apr, 2009

We purchased a beautiful 9 week old female english bulldog from bulldogs nyc on 4/11/09. 3 days later she began vomitting, etc. She has been with the vet since 4/15/09. The vet bills have far exceeded the price of the puppy. She was diagnosed with parvo a near fatal disease with puppies. Contact Steve of Bulldogs NYC and he seemed concerned. He asked for us to fax the blood work sheet, which we did. He has not called us back or responded to our daily phone calls or emails. If there is a legal action against this breeder, please let us know we would like to join in. What they are doing to this beautiful breed of dog (or to any dog) is more horrible than words could describe. Seeing this little puppy suffer was breaking our hearts, as well as, the vet and all his support staff.

• Je
      29th of Apr, 2009

This is Jennifer Hickman and in November 08' I purchased a stunning mini English bulldog puppy. At the end of February into March he became very ill. I took him to a specialist and the outcome was he had pneumonia. After several days in an oxygen tank he was doing better. 2 1/2 hours later, the vet called and said his stomach turned (like the movie Marley and Me) and we had to make an immediate decision to do surgery or put him to sleep. We choose to put him to sleep per vet because his trachea was the size of a straw instead of a tube. His quailty of life, if we went thorugh the surgery was unsure. We put him down on March 16, 2009. He was 6 months old and the greatest dog ever. Steven dodges calls and will not respond to any emails. I am under contract for a year and I think they forget about this because all they want is money!!! I have been trying to get a hold of someone from different numbers and they will not answer! I am prepared for leagel action. This is not right and unethical to do to any dog or human. I don't think the 35 pages of medical records weren't sufficient enough for them to know this was a hereditary problem. My family has been devistated and I do not want another dog. I want my money back!!! $6500 since November is enough for me. Don't want another $4000 vet bill and heart ache that goes along with it.

11th of May, 2009

I recently purchased an English Bulldog puppy from Bulldogsnyc a few weeks ago. He has been sick ever since. Turns out he has an a trachea half the size of a cats and also a case of pneumonia. After weeks of treatment, he is not getting better and it looks like we will have to put him down. He was the most lovable puppy ever and its just breaking our hearts to see him suffer like this. We tried to contact them about this issue and after the initial response and asking us to send the vet bills (which are over $1000) they are now avoiding our phone calls. Please contact me if there is a lawsuit going out on this organization...we want to get our money back at least since it seems like we can't save our dog. My email is Angela.Mancuso@acphs.edu

• Ar
      12th of May, 2009

I also just purchased a French Bulldog from this crook and my dog has Giardia, worms and Coccidia. I spent $1100 in vet bills already. I called Steve and has been totally ignored for 2 weeks already. Is there anybody out there who is planning a Class Action or group lawsuit?

• To
      20th of May, 2009

My girlfriend and i have made the unfortunate mistake of purchasing a english bulldog puppie from bulldogsnyc.com before researching their company (which is rare for us and we should have looked into them.)
    We got the dog on saturday and we took him to the vet first thing on monday to make sure he was in good health. We mentioned a few things we noticed with the dog that we thought were possible problems and found out he had bad ear mites and worms. We are now concerned after reading all the complaints we are not gonna receive our registration papers and pedigree papers in the mail as the men had promised. Do not make the same mistake all of us did and research breeders in your area by visiting a veterinary hospital and asking them for some info on some local breeders. You will not be sorry. Save you and your family the money and most of all the heartbreak.

• To
      9th of Jun, 2009

I purchased a French Bulldog from Bulldogs NYC. I had done some research and decided to go with a local breeder. Unfortunately, I didn't research enough. After having her only three days the vet diagnosed her with kennel cough and Giardia. She is very small. The vet thinks she won't even make it to 20lbs. I tried to contact Bulldogs NYC, only to be ignored. These guys sell sick dog with very serious health issues. If there is a lawsuit happening I would like to be involved. My email address is jessica_chaney@msn.com.

After a ton of vet bills, I'm happy to say my Frenchie is doing fine. I'm just concerned about what maybe to come.

• Fo
      3rd of Jul, 2009

I bought an English Bulldog puppy last year from them as well. Now named Bulldogs NYC. Two days after I brought my puppy home he got extremely sick. I brought him to the emergency vet hospital where they told me that he had parvo and and Gerardia. If you are not familiar with Parvo, Parvo can only be transmitted through dog to dog contact or a contaminated kennel. $15, 000 later my beautiful puppy came home and is doing great today. With that said, I've been wanting to do something to get them shut down. When this happened last year I found out that they were shut down several times under a different name, Puppies Elite. They reopened and they were investigated several times because of complaints from other people that also bought puppies with Parvo. I would really like to talk to people about their experiences, maybe together we could get them shut down. I just put another call into the ASPCA to hopefully get them investigated again. I just looked at their website and see that they have a lot of puppies for sale, not to mention that one of their dogs on their website is named Bentley, that is my dog's name. I told Chris, the guy I bought my puppy from last year that I was going to name my new puppy Bentley, he loved the name, thought it was a great name for a bulldog. Now he has listed one of his puppy's as Bentley on the website. It is such a slap in the face. I'm still very upset about what happened to me last year. They do not deserve to make money off of puppies, especially since they sell sick puppies. I don't want anyone else to go through what I went through last year. Steve promised me that he would pay for all my medical bills when I spoke to him on the phone after I found out that my puppy had parvo, then like the coward he is wouldn't return my calls. I spoke to Chris as well, and then ended up having to get a lawyer. I only got 1900 back when I just spent $15, 000. These guys should be in jail, for doing this to people but more importantly doing it to animals. I want them shut down!!!

• Mu
      19th of Jul, 2009

yes this is happening to me right now. ANd steve agreed on the phone to take of it and now iam thinking when its time to dish out the cash they are going to bail. we have to do something about this. Contact me at
    luvpets78@yahoo.com

23rd of Jul, 2009

Add me to this list, my puppy had parvo as well. We were able to save him as we caught it in time. Now he is getting better and growing strong.Shame on these guys. We faxed over the vet bill and treating parvo is not cheap and we never heard back from them. They will get whats coming to them !!! Also as pet owners we really need to spread the word about these guys and have them shut down . And ALWAYS do our homework on sellers, how were we to know as buyers. BulldogsNYC IS A NOT A PLACE TO BUY PUPPIES !!! Im grateful we were able to save our puppy, what about the people that there puppies didnt make it. IM SO SORRY !! They will get whats coming to them ten fold, I promice...

• Be
      2nd of Aug, 2009

I have emailed a few of you who posted on this thread. Add me to the list of sick puppy owners with astronomical medical bills. I was told my dog was a purebreed with purebred bloodlines from the parents. What a lie that was. So far my dog has had:

Giardia..got that. Kennel Cold..got that. Demodex Mites...got that too.

I'm out a great deal of money but, that's not really the issue because I think even if we sue them they will just close down shop and reopen under a different name. They are clearly breeding the same dogs over and over again as the hereditary defects found in ALL of our dogs is too similar to be a coincidence. Dogs with Demodex should NEVER be bred. In any case, the issue is now to keep these guys from continuing to breed dogs with genetic defects and stop them fast. It is inhumane to breed dogs with medical issues. A good Lawyer and understanding Judge may very well put "Chris" in jail for fraud or breeding illegally or who knows what. I am in with whoever wants or needs my help. edouble141@aol.com

If you are fortunate enough and smart enough to have researched this breeder before buying a puppy then be thankful and DO NOT BUY A PUPPY FROM THESE PEOPLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!!! RUN, RUN RUN!

• Fo
      14th of Aug, 2009

Hello everyone that has complaints about Bulldogs NYC. I would love to get the shut down. Please lets all join together and see if we can have legal actions put against these guys. I cannot believe what they are doing to those poor helpless animals. you can reach me at mbeau9@yahoo.com

• Mi
      11th of Sep, 2009

This is some amazing feedback. I knew our research was slightly under par when looking into getting an English Bulldog and this page confirms it (considering we never committed to purchasing a pup from them we may have done right). We went to the facilities the other week to primarily check out the site and build on our research. Chris was a nice enough guy but being a nice enough guy doesn't ensure a healthy pup. There was only one pup left in the mix after we had set up an appointment to see two others. They said someone came in and purchased them both on a whim. Thinking about this in more detail it does seem suspicious because there was less than two hours of lapsed time from the time I called and the time our appointment was (and we were early). Hmmm...

Despite not having the two pups we requested to see, they brought out another (that originally wasn't supposed to be there--the two we requested to see were supposed to be the last two remaining). This last pup they was revealed had a cherry eye which Chris warned us about. He said they weren't going to show her until their vet took care of the condition. Understandable (research cherry eye!!!). He offered a big discount for this pup who seemed overall healthy and happy (though I'm certainly not a vet) with the disclosure that she did in fact have cherry eye and he seemed to emphasize that it was important for us to get it fixed (which I appreciated his concern).

I asked the rehearsed questions about the breeders and was answered with "We get multiple litters from different breeders down in Florida as many as two batches a month” (paraphrasing of course). He said they could offer the full paperwork and went over the health guarantees, exercised daily, etc.

They had a nice play room upstairs with a desk for taking care of business. They had plenty of toys and the conditions of the play room were clean and pleasant. Where we truly failed however was by NOT inspecting the downstairs room where they kept the pups. To this day, I don't know how it is. We didn't detect any unpleasant smells walking by this room however.

All in all it saddens me to hear some of these bad stories related to parvo and other diseases. I'm sure there are many success stories as well but buying a dog should not be like buying a lottery ticket.

Finally, the last thing that throws me off is the fact that Steve came back to defend his site (bulldogsnyc.com) against the notorious Robin Shculder saying he has no affiliation and that there is NO intention of ever changing that website. I saw this on another website. As of yesterday the site is not available on GODADDY.com. Kind of strange... I wish I saved their number to see what's going on.

PROS:
    Previous to this site I've only identified positive stories from bulldogsnyc.com
    Play room facilities for pups clean (did NOT see eating/sleeping area...BIG MISTAKE)
    Chris seemed sincere about getting the cherry eye taken care of and well being of pup
    Pup seemed happy

CONS:
    This feedback consisting of many bad medical conditions in the weeks or days following purchases
    Website mysteriously goes away
    The immediate sale of two pups in less than two hours of our appointment (seems suspicious and quick)
    Not being able to get direct knowledge of parents

I'm sorry for any misfortunes many of you had expressed on this site and wish you the best of luck. If you have any recommendations beyond "Don't buy from this site" or more details, I'd be very appreciative to hear them; especially if you have recommendations on other reputable breeders. Finally, thanks for sharing and I hope all of your hardships can be resolved in your favor.

Please email with any feedback: michael.rothermel@us.army.mil

• Je
      12th of Sep, 2009

I can no longer sit and receive emails about how awful these people are! I made my initial comment 135 days ago when I had a mini-english bulldog from this breeder. If you have read my comments you will find out that I lost my puppy after only 4 months. He was only 6 months old. He had many complications from day one! When I phoned the breeders they were willing to accept the terms of their own contract until I faxed them 35 pages of medical records. Then all of a sudden they no longer answered my phone calls. I finally got a hold of Chris when Steve was in Florida and Chris assured me that I would get a replacement puppy per their contract. Once again they stopped answering my calls and all calls from my area code. That was the bottom line for me. I spent $2, 550 on my puppy and $4000 in vet bills in his short life. The only way I finally received a replacement puppy is because I hired an attorney! The best piece of advice she gave me was to purchase a puppy in your own state because all of the laws will apply then. Unfortunately I live in California and our laws don't apply in New York. Finally with 3 months of correspondence and threats from the attorney I finally received my replacement. She is a standard english bulldog and is much healthier than Louie, my first pup from the puppy mill. I also made a complaint with the district attorney on New York stating that this facility is a puppy mill. It took a while to (about 6 weeks) to hear any word back from them. I picked Daisy up from the airport on a Wednesday in June and on that Friday I received conformation that the district attorney had received my complaint and that they would be sending one to them as well. I am so fortunate that I got my new puppy before they got the info from the district attorney as I am sure they would have not sent her to me. They don't abide by their own contract until you make it a legal situation. I was ready to hop on a plane and take them to small claims court. That was my only option because I live in California. Please, please, please research before anyone makes a purchase from these creeps! It was one of the hardest lessons I had to learn and I wasn't giving up on baby Lou! I bet they wish they never heard of me. I called probably 5-15 times a day and from different numbers and none of my calls were returned. My stepdad called from work (a different area code) and they answered. He called me and immediately called them and surprise, surprise no answer. They are complete con-men regardless of how nice they may seem, don't trust them as far as you can throw them or someone else will have a broken heart and a ton of vet bills to accompany your heart ache. my email is norcalgirl7@yahoo.com. If I can help anyone, please email me. I will do anything to see them shut down and stop using the dogs and the people who fall in love with them. I had to learn it the hard way, I hope this helps potential buyers to steer very clear from these crooks!!!

• Be
      13th of Sep, 2009

Here is what their website used to look like, they have since removed it (2 days ago).

I have a court case with them in NYC Small Claims Court on Monday September 14th, I'll report back when I get the results.