Boeson The Florist / Terrible experience!

1 3422 Beaver AvenueDes Moines, United States
Phone: 515-274-4761

This is the WORST Floral experience I've ever had... Betty and Theodore Boesen that started this business back in 1923 would be VERY UPSET... We had a $150 delivery of two sets of flowers... call in on a Sat. a.m. The customer service folks said 3 p.m. delivery... we place call at 4 p.m. they said, would now arrive at 4:45 p.m. The delivery person was finally their about 4:55 p.m. almost 2 hours late... On first notice when delivery person ran doorbell, the outside temp. was 25 degrees F. The first set of flowers not at all covered.... The delivery person, proceeded to hand the 15 plus pound un-wrapped floral arrangement to my 81 year old mother with a cane in her hand... she made mentioned... I can't handle this... not sure what delivery person was thinking... ??? she instructed him to set on floor next to couch.... he sat first arrangement (my Mothers Valentine flowers) and ran out the door to get the next flower arrangement... in the mean time the first arrangement top HEAVY fell down side ways...since cardboard base very light weight, broke flower arrangement and spilled the entire... water/powder contents all over the carpet... about a 36 inch diameter spill... he came in with second arrangement (for my wife's Valentine flowers)) set down next to first arrangement (already spilled)... seen the first arrangement spill... then he took off out the door... the second arrangement...same thing... top heavy... since cardboard base very light weight, broke second flower arrangement and spilled the entire....water/powder contents all over the carpet...also... I called Boeson the Florist talked to Lisa (Cust. Service) she was very apologetic and mentioned she would have someone take care of this Monday....and call me back Monday a.m. after I gave her the entire above story... At 1:51 p.m. on Monday I received a Voice Mail from Tom Boeson from [protected] (his cell phone). I called him back.... and explained the above story to him... I listen to his 1 minute speech... I told him that I wasn't all that upset..(but my 81 year old mother) was kinda upset... and just fully so... We have been doing various arrangements (wedding's, funerals, Valetine's...etc) with Boeson since around 1927. I told him of spill's on carpet... his response..." Oh it won't hurt the carpet, it's nothing more than water and the powder added nothing more than an Aspirin..." His response...kinda got me stirred... ". Oh it's like it's no big deal...?? !! My response was more settled... after he'd give me little or no refund... My response... to MR TOM (3rd Generation owner...) Oh' it's no big deal... we just tubbled that 3 generation relationship... whence soon after... he said to me "Oh Mike.... that's the best I can do maybe 10%--24% discount next time" I said my name is Dennis... "Hey Tom... have a nice day... gooodbye" . In 1923 Betty and Theodore Boesen third generation back... started this company... VERY SAD... I would be removing my Dad's or my Grandpa's foot, right about now if... If I told them, that's how I handle our real estate or rental prop. situations, like the above... NOT GOOD... and Tom Boeson is about same age as myself...

De